Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/21/2014 5:35:58 PM EDT
It's summer and it's hot. I'm tired of wearing my jacket every time I ride.

I was thinking about buying an armored vest for riding my sport bike (Honda CBR 600 F3) but wondered what you guys thought of them.

I was thinking of an Icon Stryker but I'm not sure how much I'll like the fact that it opens at the sides instead of the front.

Anyone have one or wear something similar?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope.  Sweat or skin grafts, although it would be better than nothing.  Forearms take a lot of impact/abrasion as well as shoulders.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope.  Sweat or skin grafts, although it would be better than nothing.  Forearms take a lot of impact/abrasion as well as shoulders.
View Quote

Meh, I went down with a full jacket on. The meshed sleeves did little to protect my forearms.
Had road rash all over even with the jacket.

ETA: If you wear jeans when you ride, your legs will be in just as much danger as if you were wearing shorts. Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Your arms take the brunt of the fall. If your tired of wearing your jacket then dont ride in the heat of the day and if you do, dont ride in the city. or buy a cruiser and dont wear anything. better than giving us sport bike riders that are ATGATT a bad name.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Your arms take the brunt of the fall. If your tired of wearing your jacket then dont ride in the heat of the day and if you do, dont ride in the city. or buy a cruiser and dont wear anything. better than giving us sport bike riders that are ATGATT a bad name.
View Quote

Thanks for the advice

If you don't have experience wearing vests why even open the thread or bother to reply?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Meh, I went down with a full jacket on. The meshed sleeves did little to protect my forearms.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why you should wear a quality leather jacket. There are plenty of perforated leather jackets out there that offer protection  yet flow enough air to keep you cool while riding.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

ETA: If you wear jeans when you ride, your legs will be in just as much danger as if you were wearing shorts. Ask me how I know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You went wrong when you thought mesh was going to protect you in any sort of crash aside from tipping over in your driveway.  Vests are nice but I wouldn't wear one outside of a motocross track or a field.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the thread derailment, all, but I don't need a lecture on what gear to wear. If you have no experience with vests then kindly GTFO.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Mesh is usually worse than a t shirt because you still get rash and the chance it will melt into your skin.

Leather or just wear a fucking cotton t shirt.  That goes for jackets and vests.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Worthless, other than urban sport biker fashion. Perf'd leather is the functional way.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#10]
ATGATT
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Most people (including me) won't be able to answer your question about wearing that vest alone only for protection.
That's because most people here have common sense.

If you want to wear that vest then by all means do it.
It's better than a t-shirt.
Not as good as a full jacket.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mesh is usually worse than a t shirt because you still get rash and the chance it will melt into your skin.
View Quote

Meh.
I have crashed wearing a Hein Gericke textile mesh jacket.
While it didn't survive the crash it did it's job, I didn't get any road rash except on the palm of my hands where the Fox roadracing gloves blew apart at the seams.

I did go with a perforated leather jacket after that though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I haven't used a vest, but every time I crashed my elbows hit pretty hard. I still have a discolored spot from a crash that happened over a decade ago. That was with leather and a elbow pad. So I'd be very hesitant to recommend one. Although I do believe it would help with impact trauma, which I think causes the deadly injuries. So I do believe a vest does have value as protective gear.

As someone that rides in hot (not just warm) weather, check out Motoport kevlar mesh. It breathes about 90-95% as normal mesh, with the protection of racing leathers. It really has transformed my hot weather riding. I ride with both a jacket and overpants even when it is 110 degrees. So I get very good protection while being as 'cool' as can be expected when it is hot. It makes standard mesh gear feel like a toy. I haven't even considered using my Vanson Ventilator mesh jacket since I got my Motoport. In fact, I believe it is more protective than most entry level motorcycle leather jackets. You can add a wind resistant liner when it gets cooler.

The Motoport is expensive at about $550 to 650 per piece. But it is custom made to your measurements. You can find them used for about half that price. But at about the cost of an ER copay, I think it is an excellent value.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:31:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Have a mesh vest w/ sleeves, elbow pads, & an articulated backpad that makes me look like a stormtrooper.  Much more suitable to Texas & AZ summer riding than a leather jacket.  Think it was an NC Starz design.  Conveniently, it zipped up the front.

Alpinestars, makes more sense.  Get it in white, not black:

http://www.alpinestars.com/bionic-2-protection-jacket-1

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:42:50 AM EDT
[#15]
That's why you need a quality ARMORED mesh jacket and Kevlar lined jeans. A vest will do nothing to protect you from road rash.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:16:04 AM EDT
[#16]
I've ridden street and track for a bit over 10 years now, and I admin a sportbike forum.

Vests are a look-at-me fashion statement for squids. Sorry, but its true. You gain zero abrasion protection, which is really the primary reason for wearing a quality jacket. Impact protection (the armor) is really a secondary concern at best, and more of a "well, might as well put it in there" for jackets. If you're in an accident where you're going to take blunt trauma to your chest, you're going to have problems.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:20:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Worthless, other than urban sport biker fashion. Perf'd leather is the functional way.
View Quote

Ima gonna wear jeans & a back protector over my white tshirt - uniform of the day for riderz in LA & SF Bay Area.....
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:26:58 AM EDT
[#18]
To clear up a couple of your misconceptions...

-Mesh does nothing except somewhat hold pads in place.  Don't buy mesh gear and expect it to keep you from getting rashed up.
-Good kevlar riding jeans do a pretty good job of keeping your leg skin intact in a "normal" slide.
-A good perforated leather jacket is your best bet and is 10x better than mesh and 100x better than a vest.

All of this is from personal experience, BTW.

Sure a vest will keep your nipples and your spine covered, but that's not what hits the ground the hardest in most situations.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:08:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You went wrong when you thought mesh was going to protect you in any sort of crash aside from tipping over in your driveway.  Vests are nice but I wouldn't wear one outside of a motocross track or a field.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You would be wrong,   I slid from the car to where I am way up there in the shade.

Jacket,

Not a mark on me except where my ankle bones tried to force it's way through my Gaerne MX boots ( three stitches,  on the side of my foot )  and a black big toe nail, broke a buckle on the boot.

Textile is OK if not somewhat marginal but certainly better than a fucking vest as you arms take almost all the damage ( at least in my three experiences ).   They are a one use only item unless it is a driveway speed tip over.

Get one that FITS tight, a loose mesh jacket will move all over the place and then you might as well be wearing your T-shirt because the abrasion resistant parts won't be where you need them.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:16:46 AM EDT
[#20]
When OP says "mesh" i somehow think he means something more like a $80 FirstGear jacket with buttons on the sleeves to adjust fit than an A* textile jacket like you had.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

When OP says "mesh" i somehow think he means something more like a $80 FirstGear jacket with buttons on the sleeves to adjust fit than an A* textile jacket like you had.
View Quote
Could be,  there is a ton of mesh for airflow on the A*,   I liked it so much I got another ( newer ) one.   It really helps when we go out on 100+ degree days.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:07:16 AM EDT
[#22]
no, im not a squid
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:43:58 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm confused. You went down in mesh and got road rash, so your plan is to stop wearing anything?

Cheap mesh is useless.

Good mesh works.

Leather is best.

I'd never wear just a vest.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm confused. You went down in mesh and got road rash, so your plan is to stop wearing anything?

Cheap mesh is useless.

Good mesh works.

Leather is best.

View Quote

No, I went down with a quality, mesh, armored jacket and got road rash so I understand that no matter how you're going down, short of wearing full leathers, you're going to get hurt.

I can almost guarantee that 90% of the guys replying seldom, if ever, actually ride. I ride to work every day so wearing full leathers is way out of the question. I'd also almost guarantee that ALL of the riders in this thread screaming "ATGATT!!" have and do wear jeans when they are riding thinking they will provode protection (non-reinforced, of course). So to question my desire to wear a vest because of the fear of road rash is laughable.

I didn't intend for this thread to turn into a pissing contest but I guess vests are such a hot topic that it brought all of the "hardcore" guys out of the wood-work.

BTW, there has yet to be a response in this thread from someone who actually has experince with a vest, let alone the one in question.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No, I went down with a quality, mesh, armored jacket and got road rash so I understand that no matter how you're going down, short of wearing full leathers, you're going to get hurt.

I can almost guarantee that 90% of the guys replying seldom, if ever, actually ride. I ride to work every day so wearing full leathers is way out of the question. I'd also almost guarantee that ALL of the riders in this thread screaming "ATGATT!!" have and do wear jeans when they are riding thinking they will provode protection (non-reinforced, of course). So to question my desire to wear a vest because of the fear of road rash is laughable.

I didn't intend for this thread to turn into a pissing contest but I guess vests are such a hot topic that it brought all of the "hardcore" guys out of the wood-work.

BTW, there has yet to be a response in this thread from someone who actually has experince with a vest, let alone the one in question.
View Quote

What brand and model of jacket were you wearing? You're going to get hurt every time you crash, leathers just prevent road rash.

I had a bike as my daily driver for several years. The bike in my avatar has about 100K miles on it. I've never worn jeans, reinforced or not. Always leathers or textile.

You haven't got a response from anyone who has used one, because everyone that has responded so far, has enough sense to see how ridiculous it is.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I can almost guarantee that 90% of the guys replying seldom, if ever, actually ride. I ride to work every day so wearing full leathers is way out of the question. I'd also almost guarantee that ALL of the riders in this thread screaming "ATGATT!!" have and do wear jeans when they are riding thinking they will provode protection (non-reinforced, of course).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I can almost guarantee that 90% of the guys replying seldom, if ever, actually ride. I ride to work every day so wearing full leathers is way out of the question. I'd also almost guarantee that ALL of the riders in this thread screaming "ATGATT!!" have and do wear jeans when they are riding thinking they will provode protection (non-reinforced, of course).

In my case you'd be wrong on both counts...
I ride almost every day that it's not pouring or freezing, in a minimum of a MVD perforated leather jacket, helmet, gloves, street boots and Draggin' Jeans (which I've "tested" more than once, and they work).
I wear soft boots and jeans because I walk around in them all day at work.  I can be out of the jacket in 10 seconds and not look like a storm trooper the rest of the day.

Because nobody with riding experience and a decent amount of sense wears just a vest for protection.  Vests are for show and to hold your patches, or as a feel-good compromise.

This is more or less how I look on the way to work every day.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#27]
i have the icon stryker in hi-vis orange. i like it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I dunno, I ride year round, summer or snow. I ride dirt, I ride supermoto, I ride street, I race. I've been riding for close to 35 years, and I've held a street license for 27. I've got a lot of miles and a lot of experience. I've got perforated mesh, I've got full textile, I've got Draggin Jeans, and I've got full leathers.

I'd never consider riding in nothing more than a vest because road rash sucks and sucks hard. Some mesh is better than bare skin.

I apologize if that's not what you want to hear. Good luck in your quest.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#29]
I am going to start wearing the bionic 2 under a jersey for hot hot days.  I have a full armored jacket for anything up to about 90* out.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I am going to start wearing the bionic 2 under a jersey for hot hot days.  I have a full armored jacket for anything up to about 90* out.
View Quote

I suggest wearing a long sleeved t-shirt underneath it.  Otherwise, you get a funky sunburn.  It does fill out an ACU blouse nicely.  It is significantly cooler than a jacket.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheap mesh is useless.

Good mesh works.

Leather is best.

My Aerostich 1 pc begs to differ......

I saw a typical SoCal squid this morning on a stunted out CBR600 - black tshirt, gray Dickies loking baggy shorts, black skate shoes/socks and a back protector, elbow pads & knee pads.  Pulled away from the light and lofted the front wheel - like a typical douche.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You would be wrong,   I slid from the car to where I am way up there in the shade.

<a href="http://s168.photobucket.com/user/Pinepig/media/ooops_zpsbef96cb4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/Pinepig/ooops_zpsbef96cb4.jpg</a>

Jacket,

<a href="http://s168.photobucket.com/user/Pinepig/media/IMG_20140525_185224_zpsbvggoywa.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/Pinepig/IMG_20140525_185224_zpsbvggoywa.jpg</a>

Not a mark on me except where my ankle bones tried to force it's way through my Gaerne MX boots ( three stitches,  on the side of my foot )  and a black big toe nail, broke a buckle on the boot.

Textile is OK if not somewhat marginal but certainly better than a fucking vest as you arms take almost all the damage ( at least in my three experiences ).   They are a one use only item unless it is a driveway speed tip over.

Get one that FITS tight, a loose mesh jacket will move all over the place and then you might as well be wearing your T-shirt because the abrasion resistant parts won't be where you need them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s168.photobucket.com/user/Pinepig/media/ooops_zpsbef96cb4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/Pinepig/ooops_zpsbef96cb4.jpg</a>

Jacket,

<a href="http://s168.photobucket.com/user/Pinepig/media/IMG_20140525_185224_zpsbvggoywa.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/Pinepig/IMG_20140525_185224_zpsbvggoywa.jpg</a>

When I think of mesh I think of the lightweight stuff... not textile.  Glad to see your jacket held up but that isn't the mesh I envisioned when typing the reply.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
When I think of mesh I think of the lightweight stuff... not textile.  Glad to see your jacket held up but that isn't the mesh I envisioned when typing the reply.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jacket,

It IS lightweight, it is the lightest jacket A* makes. You can SEE through the chest panels/inside the arms when you hold it up.   I'd recommend one if you have pretty hot weather in your AO.   Nothing is going to be real comfortable when it gets north of 100 but at that point at least it isn't the jackets problem.

They make a nice pant that flows a good chunk of air also,  A-10 airflo,   they zip to the jacket to make it a " one " piece.  I'll be picking up a set as soon as they come back into stock anywhere.  I have their 02 air overpant now as a stop gap,   they are a little loose in the lower leg and the knee armor moves around a bit,  can't say I like that.   I fold them over and tuck them in my MX boots to help that out even though I can wear them over the boot.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I dunno, I ride year round, summer or snow. I ride dirt, I ride supermoto, I ride street, I race. I've been riding for close to 35 years, and I've held a street license for 27. I've got a lot of miles and a lot of experience. I've got perforated mesh, I've got full textile, I've got Draggin Jeans, and I've got full leathers.

I'd never consider riding in nothing more than a vest because road rash sucks and sucks hard. Some mesh is better than bare skin.

View Quote

Trust me, you and RDTCU were not the ones whom I was questioning.

I do appreciate the input from someone who has been there. But, the "ATGATT!!!" replies are not helpful and are frustrating. I've ridden for a few years, and have over 20k miles of street riding. Maybe not a lot by your standards but a lot more than most people.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:28:41 PM EDT
[#35]
I considered a vest but bought a mesh jacket instead.  It is a Joe rocket alter ego iirc.  I bought it 8 years ago.  Never tested it though.  There are zip in cooling vests available that you wet down and ride.  If it is really hot (north of a hundred) I soak down my shirt.   I bought the mesh jacket because it keeps the sun off my skin, provides airflow, and is solid textile and pads in crash areas.  

Here is a thread I started years ago about crashed gear.

I have nothing against vests, just choose not to partake.   I used to be a ATGATT guy, not as much anymore.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:05:13 AM EDT
[#36]
get perforated leather.

on a side note...check out pic 4th from the end 8p
http://www.motoport.com/index.php?option=com_redshop&view=product&pid=15&cid=27&
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:41:30 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I do appreciate the input from someone who has been there. But, the "ATGATT!!!" replies are not helpful and are frustrating. I've ridden for a few years, and have over 20k miles of street riding. Maybe not a lot by your standards but a lot more than most people.
View Quote

Good advice sometimes is. You've made up your mind already. Just get the vest and be done with it. It's going to do exactly zero for you.

100% ATGATT guy here.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:55:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Good advice sometimes is. You've made up your mind already. Just get the vest and be done with it. It's going to do exactly zero for you.

100% ATGATT guy here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

100% ATGATT guy here.

Yep. You've already made up your mind.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#39]
On a side note I went down riding tight woods on a dirt bike a couple weeks ago in a speed and strength "hell n back" jacket and Klim pants.

I think I broke a rib or two and tore up some muscles, but the jacket itself seemed to hold the padding in the right spot during it all and I definitely tested the plastics.  I was happy with the protection.  

The only reason I am adding this is because they are on clearance in a lot of places right now so it may be an option.  It's vented pretty well and has a bladder also.  I've ridden dirt in moab on it in the heat.  It's hot, but not unbearable.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:38:20 AM EDT
[#40]
I went down at about 45 MPH in 2010.  Fortunately I live in an area with hills and mountains so leathers are just a good idea anytime.  I went down on my left side, the bike went off the road at the same time so I high sided and slid down the highway for about twenty yards on my right arm and shoulder.  The right arm of my jacket looked like someone had cut it with a knife.  I got a little road rash on my left wrist and right knee, bent the crash bars back enough to shift and rode fifteen miles back home.  A vest only would have left me bleeding badly and possibly with a broken arm.  I think about that nowadays.  YMMV.

A lot of the sportbike guys around here just go with shorts, tank tops and full face helmets.  They either a.) never hit the road or b.) are too stupid to remember the last time.

ETA: Patched the cuts in the leather, dyed it again and still wearing the same jacket today (it's like an old friend).  When it gets hot now I'm wearing a Joe Rocket mesh.  I've been riding for fifty years.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:39:30 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've seen this argument before,   20k or 2,000,000k,  miles spent on a bike doesn't make your skin any more armored.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Email this girl and ask her how she feels about proper gear now.

roadrash girl

Big difference between a little roadrash you got from a crash with a vented jacket and skin grafts required to fix what happens with no protection.   Kind of like the argument about full face helmets or the glorified bicycle helmets some wear.  How much is your jaw and nose worth to you.  Dont know what you do for work but can you be out of work for months getting skin grafts over a slow speed 30 mph tip over.  You slide a long ways even at only 30 mph.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:42:03 PM EDT
[#43]
I've used one before, but not for any long distance. I always go back to wearing a jacket...no matter how hot it is.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:25:07 AM EDT
[#44]
How hot are we talking? I've ridden in 100 degree heat in black leathers and the only time I get warm is at stop lights.

Maybe get a jacket with zipable vents?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:28:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:  How hot are we talking? I've ridden in 100 degree heat in black leathers and the only time I get warm is at stop lights.

View Quote

What kind of traffic are you riding in?  Texas it'll hit 105 some days.  Now go ride in 30 mph traffic w/ repeated stop lights.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:38:46 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
What kind of traffic are you riding in?  Texas it'll hit 105 some days.  Now go ride in 30 mph traffic w/ repeated stop lights.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:  How hot are we talking? I've ridden in 100 degree heat in black leathers and the only time I get warm is at stop lights.

I've experienced the joy of 105 in Texas and it's nothing like 100 here, we don't get the humidity you guys are blessed with. The only time I've ever gotten heat stroke was in San Antonio in August.

100 is rare here, but it happens a couple times a year. If it's on I'm not toodling around town, I'm usually ripping through the hills.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:44:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I've experienced the joy of 105 in Texas and it's nothing like 100 here, we don't get the humidity you guys are blessed with. The only time I've ever gotten heat stroke was in San Antonio in August.

100 is rare here, but it happens a couple times a year. If it's on I'm not toodling around town, I'm usually ripping through the hills.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.  100 happens a couple seasons a year here.  It's good for the joints.  I know only one rider in Texas who wears full perforated leathers.  I wore my Bionic in Texas & AZ.  OP is in New Mexico, but that's got a lot of temperature variability.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:52:42 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
LOL.  100 happens a couple seasons a year here.  It's good for the joints.  I know only one rider in Texas who wears full perforated leathers.  I wore my Bionic in Texas & AZ.  OP is in New Mexico, but that's got a lot of temperature variability.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

100 is a regular thing outside my area, I'm on the coast. Didn't you guys have 100 consecutive days of 100+ a few years back?

Anyway back to the OP, I'd never go on a ride longer than down to the corner without at least a jacket on. Long rides are in full leathers. Chest protectors are for the dirt, not street.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:30:48 AM EDT
[#49]
I've crashed twice in the 13 years I've been riding.  Both low slides.  Both assholes not looking and pulling out in front of me...but that's another rant.  1 was with a mesh jacket and 1 was leather.  The mesh I got scraped up pretty good and jacket was toast.  The other was leather.  Slight scuff on the jacket and I was fine.  So since then ('04) I've worn leather jacket and leather gauntlets. ....even in Phoenix 110+ summer heat.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:18:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:  100 is a regular thing outside my area, I'm on the coast. Didn't you guys have 100 consecutive days of 100+ a few years back?

Anyway back to the OP, I'd never go on a ride longer than down to the corner without at least a jacket on. Long rides are in full leathers. Chest protectors are for the dirt, not street.
View Quote

Oh, 100 days of 100+ happens every few years in Texas, hardly evidence of Global Warming.  It was like that in 1980, but the Luddites hadn't figured out yet how to use the weather in their socialism campaign yet.  Mom just took us kids to the pool twice a day when the A/C went out for a month.  I had a great time that summer - got to go swimming twice a day.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top