Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#1]
It still has too much stuff on it. I was really excited to hear it was coming back and wasn't going to be the Rune abortion.

Close but no cigar. Would be a great replacement for my beat up VTX
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Fail.
Needs to be putting down at least 140 RWPH
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:10:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fail.
View Quote

Where are you seeing the power listed?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry guys, but that is one ugly bike.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I just don't like the upper fairing.

I understand it's there because that is where the radiators are...but still.

As for power...Quick google search brings ~120 hp and ~125 ft lb torque

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wasnt a problem on the old bike. They did a much better job of hiding everything. Everything behind the tank looks good I just dont understand why they left the front so cluttered. Its like half goldwing half cruiser. At least the new FB6 looks proportional.
OLD

NEW
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#7]
NO thanks. Ugly ass bike. There's a guy around here where I live that rides an old naked Valk that is fucking gorgeous- And a cruiser that will lay down the power...

Now If I was going to go by me a big old muscle bound cruise machine:

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/bikes/rocket/2014/rocket-iii-roadster

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:32:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
NO thanks. Ugly ass bike. There's a guy around here where I live that rides an old naked Valk that is fucking gorgeous- And a cruiser that will lay down the power...

Now If I was going to go by me a big old muscle bound cruise machine:

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/bikes/rocket/2014/rocket-iii-roadster

View Quote

The Rocket 3 is a bad mother for sure, I wish honda could make this thing comparatively ridiculous.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:20:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fail.

I have been riding motorcycles for a long time.
Heavy, under powered ill handling pile of shit.
In 1999 it made a little over 100 HP.
I doubt that a lot has changed since then.

For what it is it should be putting out at least 140 RWHP and 150 RWFPT.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:23:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

A quick Google search brings up HP rating ranging from 98 to 125 HP.
A quick Google image search brings up a shit fuck ton of DynoJet charts of under 100 RWHP.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#11]

They look the same to me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:36:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Similar for sure. I would have seriously considered the Rocket 3 if it were available when I bought my VTX. What they have done with them is amazing. I wish my VTX also had more power. One thing Harley does is offer some decent performance options from the factory, too bad they start off so low to begin with
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I really like the new Honda.  But I like quirky design and appreciate what is being attempted.  I love that Honda tries new looks and platforms.  Although more power really would have helped on this model.

With that being said, I am not going to buy one because of the price.  I currently have 3 bikes and have spent about $5K getting into all of them.  A 2004 Buell XB-12S Lightning, 1997 Suzuki Bandit 1200 and a 1999 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird.  All are cosmetically rough condition (they have all been crashed by the previous owners), but 2 or the 3 run.  I got them cheap knowing I would need to put some work into them.  But over all, I am much happier having a running bike and a couple of projects.  Eventually they will all be running and I will need another project.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I am unmoved.

I'd rather have the standard Wing over that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#16]
To each his own. I don't care for the look.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#17]
I have only one comment to make.

752 pounds, dry, is too heavy; gross and disgustingly heavy.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:29:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Thank you Honda for not making another aborted Harley clone. Very nice looking bike.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:54:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is wet weight not dry
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I misread the Honda specs but it does not matter, really.  I think you are missing the point.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I misread the Honda specs but it does not matter, really.  I think you are missing the point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do understand the bikes it is competing against right? My VTX is 732 if I remember right and it was the fastest production cruiser at the time( aside from the vmax which is kind of in its own world anyway)
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I want the V65 back,lol. But the the New V is meh,.

For now I will hang on to my Roadliner. I put it up for sale, but will miss the power if I buy anything but the Rocket III.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I want the V65 back,lol. But the the New V is meh,.

For now I will hang on to my Roadliner. I put it up for sale, but will miss the power if I buy anything but the Rocket III.
View Quote

I just happen to have a V65 Sabre that I can sell you
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Honda is kind of falling off the map for me.  They have nothing new to offer ever and they cant even claim reliability anymore cause most other companies are all equal in the power sports realm.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:43:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Honda is kind of falling off the map for me.  They have nothing new to offer ever and they cant even claim reliability anymore cause most other companies are all equal in the power sports realm.
View Quote

They have quite a few new bikes that are making waves but other than the cb1000r and the cb1100 most don't really don't appeal much to me. Most of the new stuff like the 500's are aimed at new riders
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

you'll poop yourself when you find out Yamaha is bringing the SR400 to the US market

for $6k, and it doesn't even have an electric start

And really, Honda has some pretty neat technologies and bikes - it just isn't the stuff that sells motorcycles like an interesting engine layout or flagship supersport.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:10:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You do understand the bikes it is competing against right? My VTX is 732 if I remember right and it was the fastest production cruiser at the time( aside from the vmax which is kind of in its own world anyway)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, who are they competing against, indeed. Want a funky-looking new school power cruiser with ACTUAL power and ACTUAL weight savings over the typical Harley fare?

How about a 463lb bike putting down 162hp, 96ft-lbs of torque?

I'm not saying everyone should be a Ducati or Diavel fan, but seriously, is Honda even showing up to the fight here?

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
For now I will hang on to my Roadliner.
View Quote

A good choice.  I know I love mine.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yes, who are they competing against, indeed. Want a funky-looking new school power cruiser with ACTUAL power and ACTUAL weight savings over the typical Harley fare?

I'm not saying everyone should be a Ducati or Diavel fan, but seriously, is Honda even showing up to the fight here?

http://www.ducati.com/fe-web/diavel/img/gallery/bzoom/36_Diavel_Carbon.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ducati.com/fe-web/diavel/img/gallery/bzoom/36_Diavel_Carbon.jpg

Are you comparing the forward leaning Diavel to Cruisers?

This bike is made to compete with the Suzuki M109, Yamaha Roadliners and Raiders, and the million different Harleys
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#30]
For clarity, my point is this.  That bike is too heavy.  I don't care for a super-heavy bike.  They can bring it into the market but I would not buy one.  That bike does not attract me as a customer.

Are you guys watching the thread where the guy is going to give one the café racer treatment?  I would be interested to see what he can do to drop the weight.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
For clarity, my point is this.  That bike is too heavy.  I don't care for a super-heavy bike.  They can bring it into the market but I would not buy one.  That bike does not attract me as a customer.

Are you guys watching the thread where the guy is going to give one the café racer treatment?  I would be interested to see what he can do to drop the weight.
View Quote

No, link? If they could find a way to clean up the front end that would be awesome

I am not arguing that it is not heavy just that it is not that much heavier than many Harleys and/or Big Japanese Cruisers
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#32]
P.S. - I don't like that Ducati very much, either - it's too impractical and for racer (real ones and wannabes).

There's probably no bike that appeals to everyone, hence the diversity of styles.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:58:50 PM EDT
[#33]
I wouldnt call the Diavel any more forward leaning than my Kawasaki KZ1000p. Have you sat on, or ridden one? And in my opinion, it's pretty darn comfy, even compared to my Vstrom.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#34]
The thread is about a "road sofa",...lololol.

Link to thread

This was posted as a n example of what can be done.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:30:03 AM EDT
[#35]
The Ducati is not even in the same class as Road liner/Stratoliner. More Vrod killer than anything.  My Roadliner now that is a HD 103 killer. Even though I have it for sale I love that machine. Nothing like a big heavy Vtwins in the AM ride to work.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:38:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats almost heavy enough to keep from being blown all over the road but it does have a touch of the uglies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top