Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2014 7:40:34 AM EDT
....and bought myself a new truck. I went with a 2014 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7L 4x4 with the SR5 and TRD Offroad packages. I've never had a new vehicle to call my own and it will definitely be nice to not have to throw dead deer and birds in the back of my Jeep after hunting adventures. Now all I have to do is wait. The trucks ETA is from 4/17 to 4/19. Hopefully it makes it here soon so I can use it this weekend when I continue working on my garden! Any body else have the new Tundra? What are your thoughts on them?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:38:34 AM EDT
[#1]

I had a '02 before switching to a diesel. I have a few friends that have new ones and love theirs. Good choice OP.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#2]
For the money, they really seem to be one of the best buys out there for a 1/2 right now. It sure helps though that I'm the business manager at a Toyota dealership and got some love on my trade in. I'm definitely pumped to have a new truck and get to put some miles on it driving the backroads searching for my next hot hunting spot!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats.

If I were to buy a new truck it would be exactly what you got. Just as long as its not red.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:17:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Haha! No red here. I opted for the magnetic gray metallic. I had held off for a few months until the other day when I pulled into work, there was a sold unit that I absolutely fell in love with. When I saw it, I knew exactly what I wanted. Thus, I have ordered the exact same truck and am having one hell of a time with being patient!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Toyota! But thats a preference congrats op
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Good rigs, good friend has a 2013 rock warrior.

Bit disappointed in them using the same engine over and over again though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#7]
It really doesn't disappoint me at all. I'm of the mind set that if it's not broken, don't fix it!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:01:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Only thing I hate about new vehicles is the first door ding...

...congrats!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#9]
In February I picked up a 2014 Tundra double cab. I've owned a few trucks and must say this is an amazing vehicle. I love everything about the truck. I know some talk about a new motor, but my 5.7 is reliable and does everything I need.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Im really hoping that when toyota releases their Diesel Tundra there will be a lot of people that turn in their gas tundras for the diesel, so I can get a hopefully good deal on a slightly used tundra to replace my 4runner.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I was really hoping the truck would come in today, but it doesn't look like I'll get it until Monday now. The anticipation is killing me! If I can remember to do so, I'll post some pictures once it arrives.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:06:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It really doesn't disappoint me at all. I'm of the mind set that if it's not broken, don't fix it!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

5.9L Cummins…minus some small injector issues.

I've been watching (and liking) the new Yota's come out. If was ever in the market for a new 1/2…I'd definitely go with a Toyota. Enjoy your new toy!

ETA: I see what I accidentally did there
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#13]
i have on 07 Crewmax with 140k miles on her. great truck!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top