Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 27
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:26:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Love the color! I'm contemplating getting one just like it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully going somewhere fun next week.

I don't know if I am a fan of this mounting attachment though

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:34:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wanted the Tuffygear box but I can't imagine that being worth the 800 price. I've got 200ish in supplies in my drawer system. I got the idea from the FJcruiser forum guys. A guy named Dennx posted a detailed build thread with a cut list and everything. Made it super easy. I didn't change much from the concept but I did make one of the drawers a locking drawer for my AR pistol and a chest rig. I also painted the insides of my drawer orange

This is a pic that is closest to my box. Mine has a black exterior like this and the interior section where this is white is orange on mine. I still need to take a pic of mine...

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/frankinaug/drawersystem_zps34f33dc8.jpg

View Quote

That looks great! Can you post a link to the instructions you used?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wanted the Tuffygear box but I can't imagine that being worth the 800 price. I've got 200ish in supplies in my drawer system. I got the idea from the FJcruiser forum guys. A guy named Dennx posted a detailed build thread with a cut list and everything. Made it super easy. I didn't change much from the concept but I did make one of the drawers a locking drawer for my AR pistol and a chest rig. I also painted the insides of my drawer orange

This is a pic that is closest to my box. Mine has a black exterior like this and the interior section where this is white is orange on mine. I still need to take a pic of mine...
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/frankinaug/drawersystem_zps34f33dc8.jpg

If you search the forum, you'll see a lot of DIY drawer systems. Here's the one he's referring to:
Dennx cargo drawers
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:45:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Not sure if I've posted these here...

Mine: 2013 Tacoma TRD Off Road

My Wife's: 2015 4Runner SR5

Together:

The Tacoma is an Icon Stage 1 with LR UCAs and Wheeler rear AAL and the 4Runner is an Icon Stage 2
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#6]

How do you like those wheels on the 4r? Also, how do you like the stage 2 icon lift? I'm putting the same lift on my fj.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How do you like those wheels on the 4r? Also, how do you like the stage 2 icon lift? I'm putting the same lift on my fj.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The wheels or tires?

I'm happy with both although the tires are a bit heavy.  I also haven't had them on anything else besides some mild dirty roads and tails which they do great at.  

Road noise is pretty minimal and they seem to do well in the little bit of rain we have out here.  They are also much more aggressive looking than the original BFG KOs.

The Icon lift is great and pretty much the same as what I have on my truck.  It's also very easy to install and rides great off road when you get above 30 mph or so.  

Also picked it up for 20% off from SDHQ on black Friday so I haven't put it through its paces yet on the 4runner although I have put my truck through quite a bit with the lift installed.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an FJ now that I have owned since new. Wife wants me to get rid of it and get a large truck such as a tundra. How bombproof are they? She said the taco is too small. We need to carry hay and crap and tow our camper/boat.

thanks

since it's a photo thread

my new winter tires

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:19:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The wheels or tires?

I'm happy with both although the tires are a bit heavy.  I also haven't had them on anything else besides some mild dirty roads and tails which they do great at.  

Road noise is pretty minimal and they seem to do well in the little bit of rain we have out here.  They are also much more aggressive looking than the original BFG KOs.

The Icon lift is great and pretty much the same as what I have on my truck.  It's also very easy to install and rides great off road when you get above 30 mph or so.  

Also picked it up for 20% off from SDHQ on black Friday so I haven't put it through its paces yet on the 4runner although I have put my truck through quite a bit with the lift installed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The wheels or tires?

The wheels. I put some 285/70 duratracs on today so I won't need tires for a while.  Been looking for something kinda lightweight and those are pretty new so I haven't heard much on them.

Good to hear about the icons. I haven't heard anything bad with them honestly. Hopefully I'll have it pretty soon.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:53:00 AM EDT
[#10]
1991 mr2 my canyon car
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:53:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice Toyota's fellas
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#12]

I had a 1992 turbo with t-tops. Possibly the most fun car I have owned. Mines back on page 10.

I am a bit disappoint that there have only been 3 MR2s posted in 39 pages.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:07:52 PM EDT
[#13]

I've always wanted a mkII MR2.  She's a beaut Clark!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#14]

I love the SW20. They're beautiful cars and they're just a blast to drive.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:33:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The wheels. I put some 285/70 duratracs on today so I won't need tires for a while.  Been looking for something kinda lightweight and those are pretty new so I haven't heard much on them.

Good to hear about the icons. I haven't heard anything bad with them honestly. Hopefully I'll have it pretty soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The wheels or tires?

I'm overall pretty happy with the wheels.  They look good and pretty well built.  

They aren't very light though.  I believe that the 17s are around 28 pounds each.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I had a 1992 turbo with t-tops. Possibly the most fun car I have owned. Mines back on page 10.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nice mr2! I also had a chance to put a turbo engine in my car when I blew it on the mountain, but decided not to since I only ran the car downhill.  It is definetly a fun car to drive
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:05:56 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lift it.

Also post pics of that tan 80 in the background of your first pic.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/attachments/img_3827-jpg.889655/

Yours?

I like it!
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:44:13 AM EDT
[#18]
I got both!  

Snapped this one with my wife shooting her AR

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yours?

I like it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lift it.

Yours?

I like it!

The green 200 is mine. The tan 80 is a friends, who is also the owner of the garage.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The green 200 is mine. The tan 80 is a friends, who is also the owner of the garage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lift it.

Yours?

I like it!

An 80 truggy/buggy has to be a blast.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 4:19:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Picked this up last week. First vehicle I ever owned was a 95 Tacoma I bought when I was 17. I've owned several American vehicles and a Honda since then, but I'm glad to be back in a Toyota.

97 4Runner Limited. ARB front bumper, steel rear bumper and rock rails. Slight lift (I think it's a Sonoran Steel 1.2).

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Picked this up last week. First vehicle I ever owned was a 95 Tacoma I bought when I was 17. I've owned several American vehicles and a Honda since then, but I'm glad to be back in a Toyota.

97 4Runner Limited. ARB front bumper, steel rear bumper and rock rails. Slight lift (I think it's a Sonoran Steel 1.2).

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j242/colodude/12210845-EF03-4385-9CEE-7A4672ED6292_zpsddhntkof.jpg

View Quote

Looks great!
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 8:20:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j242/colodude/12210845-EF03-4385-9CEE-7A4672ED6292_zpsddhntkof.jpg

View Quote

That looks awesome. Nice truck. I think that is the way a 4-Runner should have looked coming from the factory. Perfect.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have an FJ now that I have owned since new. Wife wants me to get rid of it and get a large truck such as a tundra. How bombproof are they? She said the taco is too small. We need to carry hay and crap and tow our camper/boat.

thanks

my new winter tires

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx54/dan8152/photo_zpsb1b1f472.jpg
View Quote

Those are great tires; I have the same on my 200.

For now....

I am in the stages of getting her set up for 35x17 Nitto Trail Grapplers.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

For now....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks

my new winter tires

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx54/dan8152/photo_zpsb1b1f472.jpg

For now....

Going 35's huh. Are you going to use the Sleep method or do the sheet metal surgery a la arctic trucks?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Slee for sure!

I can't stand the thought of cutting up an $80,000 car.

ETA: I am going to drive and pick up a set of TRD Rock Warriors tomorrow morning. If they looks ok, I will get the ball rolling fitting 35s.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 2:30:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Slee for sure!

ETA: I am going to drive and pick up a set of TRD Rock Warriors tomorrow morning. If they looks ok, I will get the ball rolling fitting 35s.
View Quote

So awesome. Hope you do a build thread. I am not 100% sure what is involved with that kit.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:19:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So awesome. Hope you do a build thread. I am not 100% sure what is involved with that kit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Slee for sure!

Its not too bad. After you have a lift and the right wheels and tires, its only another $400-$500 in parts and you are there.

I picked my the TRDs this morning.

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Awesome. I love those and hope to find a set myself.  How much lift is needed?  I couldn't find any info on slees site.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#30]
It doesn't say. Slee uses their OME lift, which I think is 2.5"???

I am guessing here, but I would think 2.5" and greater...

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Wheels have been cleaned, painted, polished, and are just waiting for the lift to be installed.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 4:38:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#33]

hubba-hubba

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Bought the wife this for Christmas. That makes Yota #5 we have currently. It appears to be an addiction.

Revtek 2.5" up front and 1.5" in the back. BFG At KOs on Tundra Carved rims.

And yes I bought a big ass bow for the hood and she never had a clue till Christmas morning!

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Those are big bitches. Its nice to see one with AT tires.

Couldn't talk your SO into a 200 series?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:32:00 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Those are big bitches. Its nice to see one with AT tires.

Couldn't talk your SO into a 200 series?
View Quote
I will claim to have a 200 by proxy. (2 x 100's = 200 right?)

She was upgraded from an '03 Sequoia so I made mama happy and got to keep some cash for my toys.

A couple observations on the 2nd gen Sequoia: These things are boats for sure. It reminds me of my Denali HD the way you have to watch the girth going down the road. Upside is when we go on a couple vacations with the in-laws and kids all crammed in there I have a little more breathing room LOL. First thing I noticed though is that the doors feel like they are off of a Corolla. Thin and chincy feeling. I bet one 100/200 door weighs about the same as all 4 doors on this thing. Amazing how a Land Cruiser can make you take things for granted. (It's no quieter than my '99 LX470 either but as long as she's happy I'm happy. )
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#37]

My ome kit came in the mail today.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:22:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:38:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Nice
View All Quotes

Thanks. I originally wanted an icon stage 2 or 3 setup, but I'm not adding weight any time soon and I feel that I won't need the adjustability for now. I will be getting the icon upper arms and might upgrade the rest to icon over time. I feel it will make a great "starter kit".
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:40:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Thanks. I originally wanted an icon stage 2 or 3 setup, but I'm not adding weight any time soon and I feel that I won't need the adjustability for now. I will be getting the icon upper arms and might upgrade the rest to icon over time. I feel it will make a great "starter kit".
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Looks great.  You will be happy with the OME's.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:08:36 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought the OME was a little stiff for my liking.  Shock wise that is.  I ended up with Fox 2.0 shocks and really like them.  I do now need to get stronger springs though.  I am loaded up enough that my 2 in lift is now barely 1 in.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:16:44 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have icon shocks and 2" springs in the back. I Want to switch to the icon overland springs, apparently I have too much shit I the back....

Anybody want to take the 2" icon springs off my hands? Less than 10k miles on them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:21:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I have icon shocks and 2" springs in the back. I Want to switch to the icon overland springs, apparently I have too much shit I the back....

Anybody want to take the 2" icon springs off my hands? Less than 10k miles on them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pm sent.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Hey, I own a Toyota now!

88 Supra.  NA, Automatic...  Exactly what I wanted!   While undesirable for many, I wanted a NA car for less shit to go wrong, and an auto because I don't like sticks, and 3-5 days a week I drive less than 10 miles to park in a shitty tight parking garage.    

Head gaskets, timing belts, acc belts, and more were already done by the previous owner.

Not a bad car for $2100!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#46]

From this past Jan. 02nd on our way to Big Bend, Tx.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Sexy looking rig! Details?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:53:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Standard
ICON Stage 4 Remote Coilovers
35"
ICON Upper and Lower Control arms
Thorley Long Tube Headers and Y pipe
URD UCON ECU with new exhaust cams
TRD CAI
Lots of lights
TRD Big Brake kit
Drilled & Slotted rear discs
procomp wheels ( I think….its been so long)
Rear remote ICON shocks
Hydraulic Bump Stops
ARB FRont bumber
WARN 8000 winch
Dual battery set up
Snorkle (reversed to get proper airflow through the MAF)

I really like it, serves me well and had it in Dubai with me for 4.5 years as well.  It weathered both voyages there and back darn good.  Probably will not buy anything but Toyota again because of this vehicle to be honest.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

That is very sweet.

Do you have any more pictures of your bump stops and how you installed them?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That is very sweet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That is very sweet.

They just fit on the stock mounts, pretty easy really, check ICON's website an google image, you will see better then any photo I could ever take! haha.
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top