User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/3/2012 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/3/2012 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Outstanding job, video a ride.  That old side valve V twin has a sound all its own..

Oddly enough you posted it as done on my birthday.  Now take it out and do what it is supposed to do, ride!  While not exactly up to modern standards it does ride well.  Dad was of the opinion that the Indian was twice the bike that contemporary Harleys were.

Wherever he is, I bet the old man has a smile on his face when he sees this.

Ops
Link Posted: 11/3/2012 10:59:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No one has asked, so I will.

Is it for sale?

As a practical matter, no.  Although everything I own is for sale at some price.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 12:01:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Unbelievable that I have just discovered this thread and even more unbelievable is the outstanding job you did on that bike.  

OP, you rule.

Nice work and here's to many miles down the road.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 12:39:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Brownie, what a magnificent thread and the bike is a true work of art. How has your wife handled this "other woman" and what does she think of the bike now?
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Brownie, what a magnificent thread and the bike is a true work of art. How has your wife handled this "other woman" and what does she think of the bike now?

Actually the wifey is good about this kind of stuff.  I think she is a little disappointed I didn't restore the bike with the dual seat.

BTW, I rode the bike today about 20 miles while I tuned the carb on the fly.  She is running sweet.  I rode to the local airport to show some of the guys and then I rode to the body shop that painted the sheet metal.  They really liked it.

I'm quickly getting used to the feel of the clutch and shift points.   Its coming together.

I'll get video when I get the chance.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 6:45:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually the wifey is good about this kind of stuff.  I think she is a little disappointed I didn't restore the bike with the dual seat.

BTW, I rode the bike today about 20 miles while I tuned the carb on the fly.  She is running sweet.  I rode to the local airport to show some of the guys and then I rode to the body shop that painted the sheet metal.  They really liked it.

I'm quickly getting used to the feel of the clutch and shift points.   Its coming together.

I'll get video when I get the chance.  

Can't wait!
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I lost track of this thread, Brownie you are the MAN!! That bike is gorgeous.

Link Posted: 11/5/2012 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#9]
so what's your total cost and man hours spent restoring this beauty?
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#10]
nice project find
amazing resto

great job
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Somewhere between $18-20k.  $5k for the bike + about $12k for everything else.  Most expensive item was farming out the engine/tranny rebuild.  Farmed out the body and paint on the sheet metal parts too.  Plus I bought the lift which made my life much easier.  Didn't keep track of my hours.

BTW, there is no need to tell my wifey.   No need upsetting her pretty little head with stuff like this.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#12]
What's it worth in today's dollars to the right collector?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Somewhere between $18-20k.  $5k for the bike + about $12k for everything else.  Most expensive item was farming out the engine/tranny rebuild.  Farmed out the body and paint on the sheet metal parts too.  Plus I bought the lift which made my life much easier.  Didn't keep track of my hours.

BTW, there is no need to tell my wifey.   No need upsetting her pretty little head with stuff like this.  

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 12:02:17 AM EDT
[#13]
So much WIN!!
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What's it worth in today's dollars to the right collector?

Quoted:
Quoted:

Rough guess = about $35-40k

For comparison, Google:   Jerry Greer's Engineering Bikes for Sale;  Kiwi Bikes for Sale; and Ebay to get a feel for used vs freshly restored prices.
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#15]
thread needs to be kept alive
Link Posted: 4/10/2013 11:23:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I said it before and will repeat it.

You really need to ride your pile of hard work to the Indian museum in New York state. (even if it gets most of the way there by trailer or van give the old girl the privilege of rolling into the lot under her own power.)

I have to believe the folks there would make you king for the day when you rolled in!

Maybe it is just me but it seems the right thing to do
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 9:08:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I said it before and will repeat it.

You really need to ride your pile of hard work to the Indian museum in New York state. (even if it gets most of the way there by trailer or van give the old girl the privilege of rolling into the lot under her own power.)

I have to believe the folks there would make you king for the day when you rolled in!

Maybe it is just me but it seems the right thing to do

I'd love to see the museum.  Maybe I'll make it up there someday.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 10:42:22 PM EDT
[#18]
My first attempt at video.  Ignore wind noise.  I'll work on it.

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 11:02:51 PM EDT
[#19]
BEAUTIFUL! Sounds great!
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 11:36:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the video. That's one heck of a driveway.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 1:01:41 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:02:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That is an incredible find!  Good luck with that project, take your time and do it right.

I see that you took your time and did it right!  Incredible job sir.  I have really enjoyed this thread.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 9:01:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I think the Vette and Chevelle deserve their own thread!  

Here's another glimpse of my babies.    Just a short clip I had from the helmet cam experiment shots.

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

You lie!

Link Posted: 6/8/2013 1:30:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 4:10:42 AM EDT
[#27]
She is beautiful!
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 11:44:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Came across the link to this thread in another thread. Just looked at all 12 pages of it. It's hard to believe that it's the same bike. It turned out just absolutely gorgeous man.

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Excellent job Sir!

This thread was a real treat to find and I really enjoyed watching your progress.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks!  I've worked out the kinks and she rides great!

I've put a few thousand miles on her now.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks!  I've worked out the kinks and she rides great!

I've put a few thousand miles on her now.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:56:32 AM EDT
[#32]
I still haven't found the time to do much with mine
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top