Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2017 6:07:17 PM EDT
Snapchat (SNAP) is currently trading for $11.50 after hours since releasing their earnings. The remaining IPO lockup shares are released on Monday. Is anyone else thinking this might be the bottom for SNAP?

I might throw some money at it and go long.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I absolutely hate snapchat. My kid sends me videos on it all the time, they just go away!!!!
I try to show them to my wife when I get home from work and they are gone!
I hate that frigging app. Seems some of the kids are not using it they way they were a year ago.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:41:44 PM EDT
[#2]
SNAP will never make a recovery. Facebook/Instagram copy any new ideas they have, so it really isn't a huge player anymore.

The only use for it is to send nudes. A lot of girls make extra income by havin a subscriber base, and they're given access to their Snapchat account where to post nude stories and photos.

Anyone that knows of Snapchat, especially parents, know it's association with sending nudes. So you tell me how any parent is even going to allow that app to be downloaded to their kids phone. Overcome that hurdle, and it might be a company worth investing in.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't buy stocks based solely on personal desire for their products or services  I'm interested in their ability to generate value. I think they have a substantial audience with their product and potential to deliver targeted marketing.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Snapchat (SNAP) is currently trading for $11.50 after hours since releasing their earnings. The remaining IPO lockup shares are released on Monday. Is anyone else thinking this might be the bottom for SNAP?

I might throw some money at it and go long.
View Quote

I had the exact same thought.  Disagree with other posters.  I'm 50 and use it as a news aggregator.  I have basically replaced twitter with it.  Easier and better interface.  I'm gonna throw a few bucks at it for what it's worth.

Just for the sake of validation, here is my portfolio return this year (last year was better)....

XIRR
65.00%
XIRR vs. S&P
51.66%
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 2:22:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I am in it for the long bet, the youths seem to love it and that's usually a good thing

will see where it is in a few years
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I was watching that when it dipped below $11.  I should have purchased in the mid $10 range.  It would have given me a nice gain in a short time period. 
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Snap might have some value if someone buys them. It will take a long time before they work their way to any substantial value.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 11:46:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Snap broke out of a month and half trading range on price and good volume today up 1.65 11.51% This would be a good time to add to a position or take a new position in the stock. I don't know what the stock will do tomorrow. I can only see what it did today. This is great indicator for future upward movement of the stock. As long as the market stays positive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top