Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2017 6:45:49 AM EDT
Anyone into the managed portfolios by Charles Schwab.   I have a meeting with them tomorrow morning and looking at their ETF portfolio.

Just wondering if anyone is involved with this program and what their thoughts are.

Thanks

Link Posted: 7/30/2017 12:13:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Why do you need a managed portfolio?
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Indeed. According to their website, you're going to pay 0.9% annually on your first $100K and 0.75% on the next $400K. I assume you also get to pay the annual expense ratios for the funds themselves. $3900/year for $500K portfolio.

https://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/investment_advice/schwab_managed_portfolios

Do a little research about asset allocation and buy the ETFs youself. Much less expensive.

Try Googling "lazy portfolio Bogelheads". The first link will give you some good information to start. 
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
^^^ this.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Interested in this as well. i have the Schwab 1000 fund. Hell, I don't even know what the expense ratio is!
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#5]
The whole idea behind ETF's is to eliminate the need for active managing. Don't fall for it. As posted above, learn the boglehead way. Especially if you are young.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#6]
so 1% for a robo advisor?

lol

If I am going to charge 1% I at least am going to do somthing for the client.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The whole idea behind ETF's is to eliminate the need for active managing. Don't fall for it. As posted above, learn the boglehead way. Especially if you are young.
View Quote
They are going to use ETF's to set the allocation.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I have experience with Schwab.  Their idea of a “managed portfolio” is to put you into a cookie-cutter program that will take a minimum amount of effort on the part of the broker.  
Unless you have millions, a broker won’t waste time on you.  He’ll just plug you into a standard package.  That way, he can concentrate on his cash cows and depend on lots of “little guys” to provide a steady income.
Read my advice in the “What does a diversified retirement portfolio mean to you?” thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top