Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2017 2:37:10 PM EDT
My wife was thinking about being a "Financial Blogger". Where you would pay her a fee per month and then any and all questions relating to Financial Advising would be answered. Keep in mind she is not a financial advisor but she would be just like Suze Orman. It's not like she knows someone in the business to help her.

What would you pay for that service a month?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 5:05:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My wife was thinking about being a "Financial Blogger". Where you would pay her a fee per month and then any and all questions relating to Financial Advising would be answered. Keep in mind she is not a financial advisor but she would be just like Suze Orman. It's not like she knows someone in the business to help her.

What would you pay for that service a month?
View Quote

I would pay nothing. 99% of the info I need on anything can be found online, or on ARFCOM, or a book. If she were to find a niche, and has some kind of unique personality I can see her doing well though.

ETA: She needs to find a way to make what she is talking about interesting to specific groups ie young people or ladies.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing.

People will pay if she's a known wealthy person.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:45:45 PM EDT
[#3]
If she is not a kazillionaire why would I want to pay someone who hasn't hit it big? If she's just like Suze Ormand then every answer is you're living outside your means. If she's analyzing stocks I'd be more likely to pay but probably not because I can get it online or free from my brokerage firm's analyst
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:11:53 AM EDT
[#4]
If she had a fuck ton more money than me I might pay to learn. If not why the fuck do I care what she thinks? No offense meant but I get fitness advise from athletic people and financial advise from rich people.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I think a subscription-based service would be a tough sell, especially as a no-name person.  Most of the blogs I know of make money through advertising and affiliate links, rather than direct payments from readers.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 1:45:12 AM EDT
[#6]
There are thousands of high quality free financial blogs already. What'd be so special about hers that'd I'd pay for it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top