Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2017 11:18:10 PM EDT
Just purchased some recreational land for our private use, and it abuts a busy highway in a rural setting.

The area's economic situation is mostly recreational use, and is adjacent to a world renowned sport fishery, as well as premium big game hunting.

90 minutes from the metro, the area is mostly cabins and hospitality services.

I would ideally like to use the 2 acres that abut the highway as a means to generate some revenue, with minimal input and maintenance costs. I don't need to use all two acres of frontage but that is what the lot size will be... roughly 600 feet of frontage.

And, go...
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:28:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Worlds biggest ball of Twine!  

Billboards
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Billboard and storage units have crossed my mind, so has cell tower site.... which is currently under served IMO.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:44:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Storage units
View Quote

not even units.
boat and rv storage. depending on if you have any zoning issues, you might not even need to pave anything. just marking off area to park them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:49:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:50:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:58:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

not even units.
boat and rv storage. depending on if you have any zoning issues, you might not even need to pave anything. just marking off area to park them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Storage units

not even units.

This

I pay $50 a month to park my 27 ft travel trailer.

Charging like $40 for boats would be normal.

Setup some kind of website for people to setup accounts and pay you. One guy I tried to use must have been allergic to taking money. I tried to meet with him twice to setup account and he didn't call me back. Ended up picking a storage place that has someone working there during the day. So, if you do storage make it easy for me to park and pay you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top