Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2016 7:39:39 PM EDT
2016 has not been my year so far. What are you guys playing?
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 12:09:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Basic strategy blackjack.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I never do penny stocks.  Too volatile and unpredictable unfortunately.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They sure are. Sure are fun when  you're on the right side of the volatility though. Truth is 2016 hasn't been really that bad. The start of summer 2016 has been. A lot of idiots out there ruining runs.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 10:56:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I rarely do penny stocks.

Almost anything else is fair game, though.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 1:50:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Basic strategy blackjack.
View Quote
LOL's

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Thread going about as planned. Suppose I should have asked if anyone has any leads on attractive females over the age of 18 years old who would like to suck me off and pay me for said services.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thread going about as planned. Suppose I should have asked if anyone has any leads on attractive females over the age of 18 years old who would like to suck me off and pay me for said services.
View Quote

Now that I can help you with!

J/K

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I just started playing a few penny stocks here and there. So far, not doing very well. I missed one last week, ATHI. I got a tip the day before that it might be a good one, but I sat it out. It opened at $1.10 and went as high as $12 during the day before closing

back at 5 something. I wish I'd bought my entire retirement accounts worth of that one at open....but I didn't, so I missed it. The few I have played recently, I've mostly lost on or got out with small enough profits to not be worth it, but I'm only playing

$200-$300 at a time. My biggest loser is ECEZ, which I've taken an 83% haircut on so far. I didn't get out in time and now I'm still sitting on it, hoping it'll go back up. I only have about $50 more to lose, so I figure I'll wait it out and see if it goes back up

or ride it all the way down. What's losing $50 more at this point. You haven't actually lost it til you sell it. Lesson learned though...cut your losses early and move on if you miss the pop.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Someone here suggested ATHI almost a year ago and was labeled as being some sort of scam artist...to be expected with penny stocks. Regardless, I went against everyones advice not to buy and bought 40M shares at .0003 cents ($12,000). Over the year it split so my 40M shares became 4000 shares. 10000 x .0003 = $3/new cost per share. I sold last week on the jump at $9.00 per share and went home with $24,000.00 off of a penny stock.

Yes, they are risky and all about timing.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 9:52:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Someone here suggested ATHI almost a year ago and was labeled as being some sort of scam artist...to be expected with penny stocks. Regardless, I went against everyones advice not to buy and bought 40M shares at .0003 cents ($12,000). Over the year it split so my 40M shares became 4000 shares. 10000 x .0003 = $3/new cost per share. I sold last week on the jump at $9.00 per share and went home with $24,000.00 off of a penny stock.

Yes, they are risky and all about timing.

View Quote

I was the one that said it was a scam and I stand by it.  Just because it worked doesn't mean it wasn't a scam.  This company only exists on paper, has no employees, no product, no revenue and no profits.  Anyone trying to get people to invest real money in "nothing" is by definition perpetuating a scam.  To this day, I don't know if he knew what he was doing or not but his actions fit the definition of a "Pump and Dump" scam to the letter.  

Don't forget that at some point in the past year your shares were worth almost nothing and could have stayed that way.  You got bailed out by "greater fools" and nothing less.  This experience shouldn't make you feel smart.  It should scare you that you almost lost $12k on an investment that was designed to lose.

Think about it like poker.  Anyone can push all in with 7 2 offsuit and get lucky but over the long run, players who play bad hands will lose with an ever increasing level of certainty as their number of hands played grows.  

That's my two cents and you can take it for what it's worth.  I'm hoping you take the money and run and don't dump it all back.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#11]
When people ask me about penny stocks, I say nothing and walk the other direction, or sigh and hang up the phone. Friends don't let friends buy penny stocks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:25:14 PM EDT
[#12]
would penny stocks be something someone could get into for fun/gambling kind of stuff and have a good time? I realize that are  not for real long term investment.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
would penny stocks be something someone could get into for fun/gambling kind of stuff and have a good time? I realize that are  not for real long term investment.
View Quote

Fun would literally be the ONLY reason anyone should ever get into penny stocks. If you make $ then awesome if you don't then try and examine how you could have played it differently. Greed is the #1 killer, being up 50% and hoping for another 50%.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Fun would literally be the ONLY reason anyone should ever get into penny stocks. If you make $ then awesome if you don't then try and examine how you could have played it differently. Greed is the #1 killer, being up 50% and hoping for another 50%.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only reason I ask is I'm a big fan of blackjack and other games where you control it somewhat. I've never done much investing but penny stocks have kinda been on my radar the last few months.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Only reason I ask is I'm a big fan of blackjack and other games where you control it somewhat. I've never done much investing but penny stocks have kinda been on my radar the last few months.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it honestly is fun, sort of tones down the whole "groundhog day" effect that life can have. If you really want to play, my advice would be to read as many books as you can and not buy a single thing before November. Summer time trading sucks anyways, use this time to learn. Pick a few plays and aim small at first with 20% or less gains.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#16]
It's that time of the year. Been waiting for this to ripen before sharing(it's been trading sideways for a while so don't start attacking me lol). Ticker CGRA. Weed Stock with massive potential. I know there are many "penny stock" haters here and I welcome them to examine CGRA and how this would NOT be a good buy @ 2 cents.

This chart should help. see link below.

https://502data.com/license/416902

Give me your thoughts!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top