Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2016 9:35:02 PM EDT
My fault,  didnt change my witholding all last year....

Roughly $1500 went to Arizona,  how  do i get it back? File a return? Turbotax capable of this?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:29:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Were you a resident of Arizona at all last year?

If you were a resident for a portion of the year you will use 140PY form
If you were not a resident at all then you will use the 140NR form

The forms are available here:
https://www.azdor.gov/Forms/Individual.aspx

You'll fill out the left side of the income portion (Federal) with your full amounts from federal return and then fill out the right side of the form (Arizona) with 0 if you were not a resident, if you were a resident part of the year you would fill out the right side portion with the percentage amount of your federal that you were an AZ resident (Ex. $100,000 total income for year but lived in AZ for one month, would results in you filling out AZ income as $100,000*(1/12)=$8,333.

Hopefully that clears it up.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:33:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, not a resident all year...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top