Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2015 12:54:38 PM EDT
I happen to like DNP right now. I had some funds in GTVAX, but due to the likely increase in interest rates sometime soon I pulled them. I need a new place to park the funds.

PETDX looks interesting though not an actual income fund. What you likey?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I happen to like DNP right now. I had some funds in GTVAX, but due to the likely increase in interest rates sometime soon I pulled them. I need a new place to park the funds.

View Quote

what do you like about that one>?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice distribution yield though a bit inconsistent. The share price/dividend yield seem kind of strange. Haven't had a lot of time to look into it, but the distribution yield is usually pretty high.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've been doing well with VSEQX. Vanguard in general has done me well.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So that's what you consider an income fund?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nice distribution yield though a bit inconsistent. The share price/dividend yield seem kind of strange. Haven't had a lot of time to look into it, but the distribution yield is usually pretty high.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder why.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
What about PFF?  Paying out about 5% monthly.

Red

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 5:03:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm hoping for a little higher yield
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I wonder why.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder why.

Are you referring to it being a real estate fund? I'm trying to figure out what the catch is since its between an 8% and 40% dividend most years.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Are you referring to it being a real estate fund? I'm trying to figure out what the catch is since its between an 8% and 40% dividend most years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder why.

yep as in what are they doing
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok what about an oil shipping stock - has about an 14% payout right now.....

TOO

Should be a good one - went from 35 bucks a share down to about 15 right now.....

Red

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ok what about an oil shipping stock - has about an 14% payout right now.....

TOO

Should be a good one - went from 35 bucks a share down to about 15 right now.....

Red

View Quote

This might be a good one, but it took another 6% dump this morning. I'll keep an eye on it though.

I thought it was kind of funny when I looked up the ticker there was a comparison with FRO. TOO and FRO. Teehee.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What about PFF?  Paying out about 5%0.5% monthly.

Red

View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not the best, but as I said I've done well. If you were looking for something more permanent, then yea, don't go there. You just said you needed someplace to park it, I thought you meant temporarily. I was thinking you might be concerned more with short term fees than gains, especially if it is just a temporary park for 6months - 2 years.  More yield = more risk, thats not something I would want to mess with if I was just doing a temporary investment for the timbering.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top