Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2015 1:49:42 PM EDT
I think I heard that they were down like 20%?  So I got into mostly cash and bonds earlier this year, is now a good enough time to buy back in?  I figure that is PROBABLY has a good deal farther to fal but I can't call the bottom, I don't want to get too greedy and miss the boat, was just looking to dodge some of the fall realizing that I can't call the bottom.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 1:15:21 PM EDT
[#2]
How bout the Dow and the SnP?  I mean from a sustained high, an approximate top, not just some peak in an afternoon.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are still waiting then you missed the boat, it left about a week or so before you first post.
http://us.spindices.com/indices/equity/sp-500
Stop trying to time the market, you have already proven you are horrible at it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
The market as a whole isn't down very much but a lot of individual large cap stocks are down more than 20%. There's some good deals out there. Wal-Mart just went under $60 down from about $91. There are plenty of others that have sold off by a similar amount and are close to 5 year lows.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How bout the Dow and the SnP?  I mean from a sustained high, an approximate top, not just some peak in an afternoon.
View Quote

Do you have access to yahoo finance.com?

Go there, click on SP500 index, go look at the 52 week high and then the current price.

Here's the math

Current Price - 52 Week High Price/ current price= That gives you the % of change.

Also, what is your current investment strategy?

Are you trying to trade on technicals, fundamentals, a combination of both?
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:03:18 AM EDT
[#7]
both, sort of.

market crashes sometimes occur when there is good economic news, sometimes when bad.  it depends on whether popular sentiment is accepting reality or denying reality whether the markets go up or down as per fundementals I suppose.  

Either way, I just dont' see how this bull market can really go on for much longer w/o at least a substantive correction, or perhaps something more.

I ws looking over my statements the other day for the 3rd quarter.  Sure glad positions in cash and bonds didn't go down like the parts in stocks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top