Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2015 10:24:29 PM EDT
I'm no chart guy but it appears to me crude broke its downtrend today. A 38% retracement of the move would target you around $47. With short covering I could see it getting there fairly quick. Might be worth the gamble on a trade.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm no chart guy but it appears to me crude broke its downtrend today. A 38% retracement of the move would target you around $47. With short covering I could see it getting there fairly quick. Might be worth the gamble on a trade.
View Quote

How you plan on playing it?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Went long two days ago with UWTI 3x ETF.  Bought In at $0.78 per share.  these leveraged ETFs can be scary and can pay big in a hurry but also lose big in a hurry. Only put about 2% of my investment account into it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Went long two days ago with UWTI 3x ETF.  Bought In at $0.78 per share.  these leveraged ETFs can be scary and can pay big in a hurry but also lose big in a hurry. Only put about 2% of my investment account into it.
View Quote

I would love to see a simulation of that ETF's variance while crude is in contago.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#4]
It does seem to be bouncing back significantly the past few days, who knows, maybe we FINALLY hit the bottom.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#5]
With normalization of relations with Iran, there should be more oil on the market.  Wouldn't this increase in supply affect the price by driving it downwards?  M-T mines (empty minds) wanna know.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:32:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With normalization of relations with Iran, there should be more oil on the market.  Wouldn't this increase in supply affect the price by driving it downwards?  M-T mines (empty minds) wanna know.
View Quote

crude fell when the deal was announced, may be priced in already. They still need to build out the infrastructure though
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:08:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Saudi Arabia needs $100+ oil to not run a deficit. That tells me all I need to know about the eventual price. Short term price is anyone's guess.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top