Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2015 7:52:03 AM EDT
I have an HSA through my employer.  It is with Salin Bank.  It has ~$2K balance.

Salin Banks fees have gone to over $9 a month.  Without doing the math, I don't even know if that exceeds the tax benefits?

Anyway, I will not continue to do business with Salin Bank.

It looks like there are not many options for HSA's out there.  They all have steep fees, even opening an account fees.

Are there any HSA's left that do not charge a monthly maintenance fee?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#1]
PNC if you have Medical Mutual.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Dog you have paychex for payroll. They switched our retirement services to them at my place and we can setup a flexible spending account. I'm not sure if there are fees.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I will possibly do it for free for you.  I have the HSAtoday platform.  It would include a debit card, claims vault, and some other things. Do you need lots of help with it?  There will be a fee if you have more then $1,000 and want to use mutual funds, it is like $1.50 a month. Otherwise everything else is free pretty much (I normally charge around $4 an account).  It is an interest bearing account.

link to the info of my program

Edit: Actually I see you are or were mil.  I'll do it for free for you other then the fees listed on that link (replacement card fees, investment fees and all the extra stuff).  Monthly you will have no fee unless you decide you want that additional stuff.  Send me an email address and I will send you the forms I need.  It's the same as opening a bank account as you know.  I'm out of the office right now but can talk more about our program whenever.  Put it this way though, normally I offer HSAs to companies only and they usually pay $3-$4 per employee with an account, and I have been told our software platform and customer service is worth way more then that.  If you decide you want to do it give me an email address I can send you the forms to.

Edit # 50: no opening fees or anything. You get your tax documents and everything at the end of the year free too.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#4]
efpeter,
Is there any way to get the fees waived?  Most accounts will have a fee associated with them, but most also allow for fees to be waived if you meet certain requirements such as maintaining a certain balance.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess if I post a question, I should remember to check back on it!

Thanks for the replies!

I don't use it as an investment tool really.  My company chips some in quarterly, and I put some in every pay day (weekly).  I need to have an HSA at a minimum for the company benefit.  But otherwise I just treat it like any other savings account except I pay qualifying medical expenses with it and my deposits are not taxes.

Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I use hsa bank and once you get over a certain dollar amount no fees.   I also can invest through td ameritrade with the, only transaction fees.   It cost a ton to move it but I have plans to leave it alone and use it as a tax free account.   I have 6k spread across some reits earning 6% dividends tax free not including any price growth.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 2:01:06 PM EDT
[#7]
No sales in the forums.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top