Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2015 7:01:39 AM EDT
Looking for recommendations on a business credit card.  I farm and raise cattle.  I generally spend 1.2 to 1.5 million annually in operating expenses.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#1]
We use amex but it has to be paid off every month. Most dairies use them also. High credit line is nice.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:28:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Check with your suppliers first.  Many companies do not take AMEX.

I use AMEX and I have actually talked several of my suppliers into accepting the card.

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 3:03:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I mainly use Chase Ink.  Cash back of 1% - 3% depending on category (3% on gas is really nice).

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I just went through the process of looking for a new business card with the intent of getting the most cash back possible. I wasn't interested in travel rewards or air miles and I don't want to be tied to one certain company or reward type. (air miles, Hilton rewards etc). I put $20-$30K monthly on the card and pay 100% of it off every month so interest rates didn't matter to me. After tons of research I ended up with the Chase Ink card and should be getting a $500 sign up bonus in another month. It's hard to get more than 1% across the board unless you find a card that gets 3-5% in certain categories but that doesn't help me because my expenses are with my suppliers and don't qualify for anything but the 1% cash back.

Also, as someone else noted not everyone takes Amex or Discover, so Visa or Mastercard is probably your safest bet.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

One reason they don't take it is because the merchant fee is significantly higher for AMEX than MC / Visa.
The other is that AMEX has a reputation for being rabidly aggressive on the side of the cardholder.
AMEX will credit you back with a phone call, and then the merchant has to jump through hoops to prove charge validity.

Shop around and compare rates and programs, go with what makes sense for you.  They are all going to be OK.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check with your suppliers first.  Many companies do not take AMEX.

I use AMEX and I have actually talked several of my suppliers into accepting the card.

One reason they don't take it is because the merchant fee is significantly higher for AMEX than MC / Visa.
The other is that AMEX has a reputation for being rabidly aggressive on the side of the cardholder.
AMEX will credit you back with a phone call, and then the merchant has to jump through hoops to prove charge validity.

Shop around and compare rates and programs, go with what makes sense for you.  They are all going to be OK.

This is true... I have called AMEX and asked about charges and they immediately take them off my bill.  

Last summer someone used one of my cards on July 4th to go on an internet spending spree.  My accountant asked me about it in December.  I called and they took all the charges off immediately.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:55:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I use Chase Ink.

They have a few choices, including miles, cash back, etc.

I generally run 25-30K month through, but never leave a balance.
View Quote

This... Our use isn't that high usually... We do employee benefits so no real expenses that aren't billed to us other then lunches, strip clubs, and a small amount of office supplies, gas, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top