Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/19/2015 9:16:25 PM EDT
So it seems as if this section is mostly general questions of the market when the market is mentioned. Rarely have I seen any solid recommendations for a stock no matter how big or how small. Google and Apple are great stocks, but I'm talking about that diamond in the rough you are sitting on. No one here is held responsible for any information shared. Use info wisely.

I'll go first. I'm a high risk high payout guy. Stock symbol VOIS. currently trading @ 3/10 of a penny. They have a niche market, its called Brain Computer Interface(BCI). It's some pretty new age tech and the beauty of it is, VOIS is the only publicly traded company of its kind(BCI tech) also Joe Abrams(my space founder/bulti billion dollar guy) is on the board of directors. He is famous for turning start up companies into multi million dollar company's, that's his specialty.(this is one of the main reasons I really like this stock)

I easily see this being in the 8/10(previous high) of penny territory fairly soon at the very least. Again this is high risk but high payout. Enjoy!

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:19:55 PM EDT
[#1]
when someone comes out with doomsday insurance .  I'm investing
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#2]
ADEP

They make the kind of robots that replace and/or augment unskilled labor.  Tiny company relative to the potential market so there is plenty of room for growth.  We've got a few of their robots on our floor and they have served us very well.

They aren't making the dough right now to justify their price so you're banking on their type of robots taking off in a big way in manufacturing down the road.  They also are developing robots for food packaging so that could get interesting as well.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Too funny, I held ADEP a few years ago when it went on its run. Was and still is a great Stock!
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Likely not what you are looking for but I bought TIS on a 10% drop that came back in 45 min.  That was fun.  I was buying for yield not for a quick flip so i still have it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Likely not what you are looking for but I bought TIS on a 10% drop that came back in 45 min.  That was fun.  I was buying for yield not for a quick flip so i still have it.
View Quote

Well, I like your style. But yeah, maybe keep this to stuff that has the potential to make money in the present.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#6]
NWBO, company using new immunotherapy technology to fight cancer.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Just started checking into BABA. From what I see so far, I'll probably buy on a pull back. Balance sheet looks good. Like Amazon but with a bigger market and profit.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Company looks solid, I love me some biotech stocks. Putting NWBO on my watch list.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just started checking into BABA. From what I see so far, I'll probably buy on a pull back. Balance sheet looks good. Like Amazon but with a bigger market and profit.  
View Quote

I haven't followed BABA since the IPO days. Any idea why it has slowly declined? I wonder if this will pull a Facebook type reversal?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:10:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I haven't followed BABA since the IPO days. Any idea why it has slowly declined? I wonder if this will pull a Facebook type reversal?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They missed earnings a couple times but I'm thinking a FB type reversal might happen also. It looks like a great long term hold to me. They already make a lot of money and have access to a huge market for future growth.

I found this on their investor relations page, which gives an idea of the kind of growth they could see.

"China's online shopping population is relatively underpenetrated. China
has the largest Internet population in the world, but less than half of
the Chinese Internet users have ever shopped online."

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Company looks solid, I love me some biotech stocks. Putting NWBO on my watch list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Phase 3 data/update on DCVAX-L (for glioblastoma/brain cancer)is due anytime between now and April. They have another phase 2 version of treatment to treat other cancerous tumors in body showing promise. If approved easily 100+. Worth investing some money in at current price and potential gain. Cancer sucks. Google you tube and NWBO.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:06:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Major energy producers, exxon, mobile chevron, etc.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Keep your eyes on VOIS as I mentioned earlier, when it takes off it's going to be very very fast.

Also, I really like SMCE. It's a record label coming back from the dead, Mostly small hip-hop artists and the beach boys are signed under them. Very savvy new management. Word on the street is this label has big things in the near future.  I consider this to be low risk for a $1 stock. Need to be patient with this one, buy and hold at these levels.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:22:07 AM EDT
[#14]
If we are talking "penny stocks",
here's a couple.

LVNVF
COCP

PS:  Check out who is behind these companies.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If we are talking "penny stocks",
here's a couple.

LVNVF
COCP

PS:  Check out who is behind these companies.
View Quote

Those two made 30% combined today. You're good. Feel free to share more!
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:52:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I like TSMC.  Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company.  They do contract work for Intel, Samsung, Apple, Broadcom, and Qualcomm.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 1:51:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Throwing immunotherapeutic cancer drug company Peregrine Pharmaceuticals (PPHM) into the ring.  Their phosphatidylserine (PS) targeting drug Bavituximab is the focal point, currently in stage III and multiple stage I FDA trails.  

This stock is high risk high reward, do your due diligence.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Following this, some good info put out here.

21 YR old here almost graduated from college and looking to start my portfolio.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:43:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Recently picked up SBUX (Starbucks)  for some long-term growth.  Bought a fairly minor position in AER (AerCap Holdings N.V.) a couple weeks ago after coming across them using my stock screener.  Their fundamentals are pretty solid, and when I ran a DCF they appear to be undervalued.  I'm hoping for some significant growth from them.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 2:09:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Keep your eyes on VOIS as I mentioned earlier, when it takes off it's going to be very very fast.

Also, I really like SMCE. It's a record label coming back from the dead, Mostly small hip-hop artists and the beach boys are signed under them. Very savvy new management. Word on the street is this label has big things in the near future.  I consider this to be low risk for a $1 stock. Need to be patient with this one, buy and hold at these levels.
View Quote

bought 55,000 VOIS the day you posted that. It is now worth about 1/2 of that. Thanks dick. Just kidding well not about the 1/2 value but their little neuro controller deal they sold to Amazon will be releasing soon and may be a game changer.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I am in VOIS also 20k shares waiting till the product hits the market. Right now really liking the hemp drink stocks Ngcg, Thcz, and no other drnk
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Will you settle for some no-load mutual funds?

I’m in about 30 Fidelity funds right now.  The best performers are:
FBIOX
FSPHX
FSHCX
FPHAX
FSMEX

Average performance for all my funds over the last year has been 17.65%.  My wife and I have the majority of our money in various IRAs, Roths, 403bs and 401Ks to keep the tax burden down.  

My guidance come from - http://mutualfundinvestorguide.com/category/investor-guide-to-fidelity-funds/.  I’ve made a hell of a lot of money and never lost money buying his “Strong Buy” recommendations.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:39:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Anyone have any $1.00 or less stocks they like? What about $.01 or less stocks?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Just jumped VOIS with some change I had in there.

Also watching DRYS and FREE.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

FBIOX
FSPHX
FSHCX
FPHAX
FSMEX

Average performance for all my funds over the last year has been 17.65%.  My wife and I have the majority of our money in various IRAs, Roths, 403bs and 401Ks to keep the tax burden down.  

My guidance come from - http://mutualfundinvestorguide.com/category/investor-guide-to-fidelity-funds/.  I’ve made a hell of a lot of money and never lost money buying his “Strong Buy” recommendations.  
View Quote

30 funds? Don't you get over diversified at that point and simply just mimic the index fund or total market fund?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

FBIOX
FSPHX
FSHCX
FPHAX
FSMEX

View Quote

Have considered consolidating your investments so you don't get raped on fees?

Don't see the sense in this unless all your funds have near 0% expense ratios.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:49:35 PM EDT
[#27]
ORIG has been doing well.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:15:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Posted by Techsan02:
30 funds? Don't you get over diversified at that point and simply just mimic the index fund or total market fund?
View Quote

If I was picking funds at random, maybe.  If you read the last line of my post that you referred to, you’ll see that I’m not doing that.  

Posted by Burgh:
Have considered consolidating your investments so you don't get raped on fees?

Don't see the sense in this unless all your funds have near 0% expense ratios.
View Quote

If you read the first line of my post that you referred to, you’ll see that I’m in no-load funds.  Also, I’m buying them directly from Fidelity through my accounts with them.  
While there are management fees with any fund, doing it this way reduces those fees to the point where I can ignore them.  I can sell one fund and buy another in the same account with no fees at all.  

I’m in so many funds because that’s how many growth funds have “Strong Buy” recommendations and I don’t like to have more than around $25,000 in any one fund.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:09:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I like BLOZF.  
Cannabix Technologies Inc. develops patent pending Cannabix Marijuana Breathalyzer for law enforcement in North America. The company?s Cannabix Marijuana Breathalyzer drug-impairment recognition system is based on breath testing technology.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I like BLOZF.  
Cannabix Technologies Inc. develops patent pending Cannabix Marijuana Breathalyzer for law enforcement in North America. The company?s Cannabix Marijuana Breathalyzer drug-impairment recognition system is based on breath testing technology.
View Quote

Interesting. I am about to invest in growblox

"GrowBlox Sciences (OTCQ GBLX) – merges state-of-the-art technologies in plant biology, cultivation and post-production processes in order to optimize safe, consistent medical Cannabis. The company is pioneering technologies and industry-leading processes in combination with a Big Data-driven clinical research and development program to bring relief to patients in communities across the country."

I truly believe that cannabis will be legal in the near future. (10 years or so is my guess) With the price of BLOZF I may have to try and profit on both ends.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Just seeing this now, forgot about this thread. Well, VOIS really really pissed me off. I had been in contact with their IR guy(thought was a friend, knew of him from previous stocks) who had assured me the product launch would start in April and be a "game changer". They haven't done squat to promote their product since then, In fact they just released a PR today stating only 100 units were sold to investors. I'm truly sorry for promoting VOIS as I thought their IR guy and I were beyond business friends.....nope. I will say, I still hold a few shares for product launch and if she goes green a few days I will sell and hope for a tiny profit.  

As far as SMCE, which is the other company I like....YES DOWN HUGE lol. I know the people who are currently shorting that stock. They are low life scum and have it out for someone who is invested in SMCE. I know, sounds childish but its true. I still feel as if SMCE will be very easily $1 plus within a few months. I am heavily invested in SMCE and am currently down roughly 40%. Not selling a single share till $1-1.50 and then will hold profits with hopes for $2+

Now seeing my fantastic record here on AR15 you certainly should ignore my next stock. COTE. Lots of good info on IHUB  http://investorshub.advfn.com/Coates-International-LTD-COTE-8425/     COTE just closed a $50m deal and it sounds like more to come. Play this as you will, either a quick 50% or hold out and hope for them to reach their "target" of 7 cents(currently trading at 1 cent).  I'm not heavy invested on this one and my current average PPS is 1 cent even though it was a gigantic day for them. Tomorrow will be a fairly good indicator of where she will go.

Again, sorry about VOIS. I was honestly sharing in hopes we could all make $. I ended up losing $ and worse a friend over it.

bought 55,000 VOIS the day you posted that. It is now worth about 1/2 of that. Thanks dick. Just kidding well not about the 1/2 value but their little neuro controller deal they sold to Amazon will be releasing soon and may be a game changer.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Keep TRTC on your watch list for pot stocks. I made some $ with them early on but the stock plummeted because it was mostly all talk. Well they are finally breaking ground for building their dispensaries. I plan to invest in them again, maybe not for months though?

"GrowBlox Sciences (OTCQ GBLX) – merges state-of-the-art technologies in plant biology, cultivation and post-production processes in order to optimize safe, consistent medical Cannabis. The company is pioneering technologies and industry-leading processes in combination with a Big Data-driven clinical research and development program to bring relief to patients in communities across the country."

I truly believe that cannabis will be legal in the near future. (10 years or so is my guess) With the price of BLOZF I may have to try and profit on both ends.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just seeing this now, forgot about this thread. Well, VOIS really really pissed me off. I had been in contact with their IR guy(thought was a friend, knew of him from previous stocks) who had assured me the product launch would start in April and be a "game changer". They haven't done squat to promote their product since then, In fact they just released a PR today stating only 100 units were sold to investors. I'm truly sorry for promoting VOIS as I thought their IR guy and I were beyond business friends.....nope. I will say, I still hold a few shares for product launch and if she goes green a few days I will sell and hope for a tiny profit.  

As far as SMCE, which is the other company I like....YES DOWN HUGE lol. I know the people who are currently shorting that stock. They are low life scum and have it out for someone who is invested in SMCE. I know, sounds childish but its true. I still feel as if SMCE will be very easily $1 plus within a few months. I am heavily invested in SMCE and am currently down roughly 40%. Not selling a single share till $1-1.50 and then will hold profits with hopes for $2+

Now seeing my fantastic record here on AR15 you certainly should ignore my next stock. COTE. Lots of good info on IHUB  http://investorshub.advfn.com/Coates-International-LTD-COTE-8425/     COTE just closed a $50m deal and it sounds like more to come. Play this as you will, either a quick 50% or hold out and hope for them to reach their "target" of 7 cents(currently trading at 1 cent).  I'm not heavy invested on this one and my current average PPS is 1 cent even though it was a gigantic day for them. Tomorrow will be a fairly good indicator of where she will go.

Again, sorry about VOIS. I was honestly sharing in hopes we could all make $. I ended up losing $ and worse a friend over it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No biggie I bought in with $87 right now sitting -$11 at one point in April it was double @$160 should have dumped it then. I'll hold out for a while as the sub $100 investment is nothing and it does actually have potential. The stuff on their Facebook looks pretty sweet and I'm a tech nerd. So we will see where this goes.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#34]
FIT has an IPO next week in case anybody hasn't caught that bit of news yet.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like it. I think the typical Joe Shmoe will be hard pressed to get it at anything under $18-20 on opening day. FIT growth chart over the last few years is insanely impressive.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 9:44:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

What you did there...

Have they defined a date yet? I couldn't find where it was specified anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 8:05:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What you did there...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What you did there...

The Date I found is June 17. Took a little searching for it. Looking at $13-$18 share.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 8:18:42 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Following this, some good info put out here.

21 YR old here almost graduated from college and looking to start my portfolio.
View Quote
Unless you have money you don't care about losing stick with a good growth mutual fund or invest in blue chips like Exxon etc. Some of the stocks in this thread are for guys who want to gamble without going all the way to Vegas.  

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 12:01:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Unless you have money you don't care about losing stick with a good growth mutual fund or invest in blue chips like Exxon etc. Some of the stocks in this thread are for guys who want to gamble without going all the way to Vegas.
View Quote

+1

Penny stock brokers will tell you all about the big winners that went from 10 cents to $1,000 a share.  They don't talk about the overwhelming majority that went to zero, lining the pockets of the insiders, market makers and brokers.

There are plenty of fine mutual funds and blue chips that have good track records over decades.  If you're young and looking for long-term investments, don't waste your money on straw-in-the-wind stocks.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 5:16:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

+1

Penny stock brokers will tell you all about the big winners that went from 10 cents to $1,000 a share.  They don't talk about the overwhelming majority that went to zero, lining the pockets of the insiders, market makers and brokers.

There are plenty of fine mutual funds and blue chips that have good track records over decades.  If you're young and looking for long-term investments, don't waste your money on straw-in-the-wind stocks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

+1

I 100% agree with this. However it is possible to have the majority of your $ in long term safe investments and then a little play money for penny stocks. I find it fun and keeps me alive. It's sort of like treasure hunting...Very rarely do you actually find treasure but when you do! well it's sometimes well worth the wait! Greed is also the #1 killer in penny stocks. That COTE stock I mentioned the other day went green +45% the day after I posted. If you didn't take the 45% profit then you would now technically be down -70%. Greed kills.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#41]
This is one that might tread water for awhile until metal prices improve. Positives are it's one of the best copper, silver, and gold mines in the world, the company has zero debt, and is majority owned by RIO. I already own shares in RIO which was how I came across this one. Negatives are it's in Mongolia and they are not a reliable country to do business in.

Turquoise Hill Resources  TRQ

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/breakthrough-for-rio-tintos-54b-mine-expansion-2015-05-19

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 2:23:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Major energy producers, exxon, mobile chevron, etc.
View Quote

Smaller energy companies have more room for gain.  

CHK is a great buy right now...tons of room for growth and it will go up in winter as it is a natural gas stock.

OAS...Oil stock with good room to grow.

SSE...well service company with solid room to go up.

UGAZ/UWTI for futures investing with major moves on a monthly basis.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 12:14:34 AM EDT
[#43]
on the oil/gas front I like and have vnr common, vnrap preferred and hfc. all texas oil and gas dividends with vnr's being monthly.

for straight up day trade gambling I like dust and nugt ,depending on daily situation, but never keep more than a day or two or couple of hours even.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#44]
NXPI

Good fundamentals-only going up

EPS % Chg (Last Qtr)  38%  
3 Year EPS Growth Rate  56%  
Sales % Chg (Last Qtr)  18%
3-Year Sales Growth Rate  13%  

Owns a large share in the chips that all the debit and credit cards are switching over to.  Europe has had this chip for some time, we are supposed to switch totally over during the next couple years.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 9:48:45 PM EDT
[#45]
*ATHI*. Don't get greedy!
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Keep TRTC on your watch list for pot stocks. I made some $ with them early on but the stock plummeted because it was mostly all talk. Well they are finally breaking ground for building their dispensaries. I plan to invest in them again, maybe not for months though?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

GBLX is up to .50. I should have bought a shit ton when I had the chance at .15.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good call. Currently trading at $30.6!
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Care to elaborate on your thoughts on this one?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pump and dump scam.  The value of the ENTIRE "company" is $23,400.  A buy of even a few thousand dollars would move the needle on that stock significantly.  The only possible explanation is that mynamesjohn has a position in this company and is trying to get people in so he can get out.  

Not to get too butthurt but that should be a COC violation.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Pump and dump scam.  The value of the ENTIRE "company" is $23,400.  A buy of even a few thousand dollars would move the needle on that stock significantly.  The only possible explanation is that mynamesjohn has a position in this company and is trying to get people in so he can get out.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought so. I interpreted the asterisks as maybe indicating sarcasm.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top