BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2015 10:17:18 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience? Good/bad?
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I did it.  Good experience.

I quit re-investing dividends a couple of years ago, now that the price has dropped, I may start again.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#2]
experience with comp shares or the stock itself?
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#3]
i used to work at xom in the early 80's and been accumulating since, computershare is great, i use it for other stocks as welll

you cant time your purchases, it usually takes about 5 days from when you place an order, but you probably know that

there are no  fees on xom, which isnt the case for all companies thru computershare

buy xom, the dividend is safe,
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 3:07:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Buy it because it makes liberals angry.  In ten years you can spend your Saturdays in a lawn chair handing tissues to crying liberals when gas is $7.00/gallon.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
experience with comp shares or the stock itself?
View Quote

Yes to both questions.

XOM has dropped recently, but not enough for me to worry about.

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Its a sound investment, hold for long term and you will make money, they pump liberal tears out of the ground so how bad could they be?
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, I fent. Will be adding to it over the next few months.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 10:53:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Thanks guys, I fent. Will be adding to it over the next few months.
View Quote
You could also buy Total (TOT), Royal Dutch Shell (RDS-B), BP (BP), Chevron (CVX), or Conoco (COP) to add a little bit of diversity.  They kind of hang together pretty well, but if Exxon tries to out-do BP's heroic attempt to lubricate the Gulf of Mexico, you'll have some diversification.

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Not sure about Computer Share but I like XOM. Compared to RDS.B & CVX they look the best on paper. Lower debt and more free cash flow, which should help a lot with lower oil prices. CVX and RDS.B pay a higher dividend but CVX has to borrow to cover it. Their operating cash flow doesn't even cover capex expenses. I think RDS.B was similar. XOM has added debt but they don't need to to cover the dividend and they have paid an increasing dividend for 32 years. Seems like a no brainer to start averaging in now.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 4:13:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Not sure about Computer Share but I like XOM. Compared to RDS.B & CVX they look the best on paper. Lower debt and more free cash flow, which should help a lot with lower oil prices. CVX and RDS.B pay a higher dividend but CVX has to borrow to cover it. Their operating cash flow doesn't even cover capex expenses. I think RDS.B was similar. XOM has added debt but they don't need to to cover the dividend and they have paid an increasing dividend for 32 years. Seems like a no brainer to start averaging in now.
View Quote

Exxon does have a really nice looking balance sheet with low debt.  

Don't forget about BP.  They have a great forward P/E.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 9:50:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm planning on pulling the trigger on some BP as well in the near future. If I had some balls id go all in on Seadrill.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:10:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm planning on pulling the trigger on some BP as well in the near future. If I had some balls id go all in on Seadrill.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The riskier the road the greater the profit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I've been buying XOM through computershare every month since early 2006.

Their website is clunky, but other than that, great experience.  Would recommend highly.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 2:50:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Can someone educate me on computershare ?

Why would I want to use it instead of say scottrade?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top