Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2015 9:38:48 PM EDT
I'm good now.  Contacted adviser at school
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
The last 4 jobs I have been offered were with resumes I made myself.  Of course, I proof my resume over and over until there are no errors.  If you are the type to not look for errors in a detailed manner, pay someone else to build it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Make your own, it's not that hard. Just make sure you proof it numerous times and have at least two friends look it over as well.

I would aim to fit it on one page, 1" to .5" margins. Use active voice and action words. Quantitative data and and numbers if possible (problem + action = result). Ensure propper formatting and spacing (do not use template). Make sure you're only putting related jobs and skills on the resume.

A good cover letter should probably be a focus as well.

Here is a resume I made in a business writing class which should give you a basic idea of what you need to do. You could probably ditch the highlights section which would give you more room for education and work experience.

Here is an example of how many employers scan resumes. Notice where they look (beginning, professional experience, and end / education section) and what gets skipped (wall of text, middle of document)

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make your own, it's not that hard. Just make sure you proof it numerous times and have at least two friends look it over as well.

Here is an example of how many employers scan resumes. Notice where they look (beginning, professional experience, and end / education section) and what gets skipped (wall of text, middle of document)

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Business/ht_the_ladders_kb_140519_16x9_992.jpg
View Quote

That's awesome and encouraging.  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Business/ht_the_ladders_kb_140519_16x9_992.jpg

check our your schools career services department.  they will help you make a great resume.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top