Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2014 10:27:11 PM EDT
Been wanting to boost my Web presence and become more visible. Talked to a rep at YP and they're offering a top 6 slot in their local listings. Showed me stats of site search stats and it looked pretty good. Anybody dealt with YP? Positives ? Negatives?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Big negatives with yellow pages.    With the right wording you can use your website, google, yahoo, etc and get it up there better and cheaper.  

I ran the marketing for a few car dealerships and now sales/marketing director for an employee benefits company.  

A good way to tell this is use google for instance and search a company.  The yp results are never near the top.  I had trackers like crazy and unique links from every site including yp while paying them good money and we had like 6 hits on year from them vs thousands other places.  Went to cut them off when the rep came in and he told me I didn't know what I was doing after me turning him down several times.  Started talking loudly about me in a showroom full of customers.  I dislike them more then anyone else.  

What's your website / company name?  Maybe I can give you some pointers.

Also when I was learning I worked with a girl who did analytics and she felt the same way.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Big negatives with yellow pages.    With the right wording you can use your website, google, yahoo, etc and get it up there better and cheaper.  

I ran the marketing for a few car dealerships and now sales/marketing director for an employee benefits company.  

A good way to tell this is use google for instance and search a company.  The yp results are never near the top.  I had trackers like crazy and unique links from every site including yp while paying them good money and we had like 6 hits on year from them vs thousands other places.  Went to cut them off when the rep came in and he told me I didn't know what I was doing after me turning him down several times.  Started talking loudly about me in a showroom full of customers.  I dislike them more then anyone else.  

What's your website / company name?  Maybe I can give you some pointers.

Also when I was learning I worked with a girl who did analytics and she felt the same way.
View Quote

Agreed.  Yellow pages are a dying business and their online product is them trying to hang on.

Grove
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top