Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2014 8:06:22 AM EDT
A company I worked for 20+ years ago sent me this form. It has my name on it along with a bank name and an amount. I know there was a retirement plan but don't remember much about it.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that you are no longer eligible for their retirement program and they are notifying you to exit. It could be for any number of reason. The originating company may no longer exist through closure, merger or reorganization.The fund selections in your original 401k has been closed. You get the idea. They're telling you to come get your share. Be careful how you exit to limit tax implications.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 2:07:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe that you are no longer eligible for their retirement program and they are notifying you to exit. It could be for any number of reason. The originating company may no longer exist through closure, merger or reorganization.The fund selections in your original 401k has been closed. You get the idea. They're telling you to come get your share. Be careful how you exit to limit tax implications.
View Quote

Thanks!

Guess I'll start making some phone calls Monday.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure they're not just doing something like going from Lincon National to Fidelity?
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sure they're not just doing something like going from Lincon National to Fidelity?
View Quote

I thought about that, but this isn't a case of it going from one big retirement/401k company to another.....although you could still be correct.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top