Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2014 4:51:10 PM EDT
I am looking to move my Roth IRA to a provider that has the capability to auto draft my bank account and invest the draft in a pre-selected fund each month. I currently use Scottrade but it requires me to go in and purchase the investment vehicle, which also costs a fair amount to do when you are talking about 5500 split over 12 or 24 transactions. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I use Vanguard.  They have an option to automatically maximize your annual contribution in whatever interval you want.  They are taking ~$229 out of my bank account twice a month and investing it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 on Vanguard.  They have the capability to auto draft a certain fixed amount or you can set it to maximize your contributions for the year.  Also you won't be hit with transaction costs when you buy (If you are buying their funds) and you'll have access to some of the cheapest mutual funds in the industry.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. That's the route I will go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top