BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2014 7:08:32 PM EDT

What is your greatest success story?

Edit title to include penny stocks in general
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 7:58:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Too risky for me, seems like a pump and dump scheme mixed with a game of musical chairs.  

I wouldn't use any money you can't afford to lose, but I'm assuming you already know that.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 8:03:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Too risky for me, seems like a pump and dump scheme mixed with a game of musical chairs.  

I wouldn't use any money you can't afford to lose, but I'm assuming you already know that.  Good luck.
View Quote

From what I've seen and read, yes it doesn't really matter about the company your buying/selling on hype.  I considered that 1k a loss so if I win great I will pull my original investment out and play with the house money from there on.  Just exciting watching the ups and downs.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 8:15:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

From what I've seen and read, yes it doesn't really matter about the company your buying/selling on hype.  I considered that 1k a loss so if I win great I will pull my original investment out and play with the house money from there on.  Just exciting watching the ups and downs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Liquidity is another issue you need to keep in mind with penny stocks.

Are you investing in more standard stocks/funds as well?  I don't think there are many successful long term penny stock traders out there.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should consider options instead.  The action is the same or even better and at least there you have a remote chance of making money based on informed trades.

The most legendary options trade of my recent memory was when NFLX popped almost 100 points in a single day due to earnings and guidance exceeding expectations.  Options action was such that $500 in the right call options became $100,000 overnight.  It was spectacular.

ETA:  I should be clear that trading options is ultimately a game with a house advantage BUT at least the games aren't rigged like they are with penny stocks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You should consider options instead.  The action is the same or even better and at least there you have a remote chance of making money based on informed trades.

The most legendary options trade of my recent memory was when NFLX popped almost 100 points in a single day due to earnings and guidance exceeding expectations.  Options action was such that $500 in the right call options became $100,000 overnight.  It was spectacular.

ETA:  I should be clear that trading options is ultimately a game with a house advantage BUT at least the games aren't rigged like they are with penny stocks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no idea what an option is.  I'll read up on it but seems to have worked well for you.  Thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Buccaneer Energy.
  ticker BCC
  running about 8/10 of a cent right now.
get in a thousand, when it breaks   a nickle, pull your 5500 dollars
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Buccaneer Energy.
  ticker BCC
View Quote

I think your math is a little off ... if you buy 1000 @ $0.008 it'll cost you $8, and then if it ever gets to a nickel, you'd sell 1000 @ $0.05 for a profit of $50 - $8 = $42
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 6:30:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have no idea what an option is.  I'll read up on it but seems to have worked well for you.  Thanks for sharing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me be clear, I did not turn $500 into $100,000.  I watched OTHER people do it live as soon as their earnings were released.  

I've had a few nice wins on options though along the way though but nothing like that.  Easy to lose money too but no more so than penny stocks.  I just think it's a superior gamble if gambling is what you are going for since options can be used in an informed manner and not simply as a "greater fool" game.

Link Posted: 2/25/2014 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think your math is a little off ... if you buy 1000 @ $0.008 it'll cost you $8, and then if it ever gets to a nickel, you'd sell 1000 @ $0.05 for a profit of $50 - $8 = $42
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buccaneer Energy.
  ticker BCC

And $42 - ~15 buy/sell commission = $27

To get a $5500 profit you'd have to buy about 140,000 shares
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buccaneer Energy.
  ticker BCC

I think he means a thousand bucks.

Link Posted: 2/25/2014 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buccaneer Energy.
  ticker BCC

You're probably right.  I just didn't think anyone would be crazy enough to throw away that much on a junk stock ...
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 5:22:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I just made 10% on a $32,000 investment in the iShares Biotech ETF, exiting my position with a $3,200 profit earned over the last three weeks. I sold all and exited because I was worried about biotech being a bubble that might burst the same way the housing prices did. The top holdings in this ETF also have a P/E ratio of over 50, so that was another reason why I sold.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#13]
If you are want to try something like that, you might want to look into an emerging market.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:49:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Marijuana stocks are fun right now in penny land.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#15]
HEMP.  Bought in a 2 cents for $500.  Took profits at 30 cents and still have a few K in there that's sitting at .14 cents.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Taug
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 10:20:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Ive been making money hand over fist with the pot stocks. Before I was happy with x2 or x3 on profit. Now I dont even consider selling until Im seeing x5. That being said, everything below applied and havent commited more than $1k at any one stock. Stupid fucking profits though.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2014 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Buccaneer Energy.
  ticker BCC
View Quote

BCC is Boise Cascade Co... I see Buccaneer Energy as BCCR at $0, doesnt look like it exists anymore.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ive been making money hand over fist with the pot stocks. Before I was happy with x2 or x3 on profit. Now I dont even consider selling until Im seeing x5. That being said, everything below applied and havent commited more than $1k at any one stock. Stupid fucking profits though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Very nice gotta be careful though my last thread got locked mentioning MJ stocks even though none of them are actually breaking any laws.  How are you finding what stocks to get into?  I've been following Big investment group and just joined clay trader
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 10:08:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Very nice gotta be careful though my last thread got locked mentioning MJ stocks even though none of them are actually breaking any laws.  How are you finding what stocks to get into?  I've been following Big investment group and just joined clay trader
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

ive been thinking about joining clay trader.    is it worth it so far?
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 2:59:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Word of mouth. Everybody is getting in now that it appears the FEDs are not going to step in. There is nothing illegal about investing in a company. Thats the stupidest most ignorant thing Ive heard here in a long time.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#22]
What exchange are you using for the pennies?
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Etrade
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Word of mouth. Everybody is getting in now that it appears the FEDs are not going to step in. There is nothing illegal about investing in a company. Thats the stupidest most ignorant thing Ive heard here in a long time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed but wasn't going to fight it and get my account suspended for a few days.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What exchange are you using for the pennies?
View Quote

I use etrade as well
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Update:  my original post this sub penny stock was .003 it is now up to .0177 the merger was delayed and they just released update the merger is complete.  Latest news was waiting on a stock ticker change and name change to represent the reverse merger of American Preformance technology/ motovox.  As well as audited financials for apt which is around 12 million rumored

Targeted price per share is .25-.50 within a few months
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#27]
You all say that you are using Etrade for penny stocks, what price type are you using to buy pink sheet otc. I am looking and spreading a grand across 3-4 different penny stocks froz being one and hemp another maybe also erbb.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Price type?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:12:03 PM EDT
[#29]
They will not let you use market price on OTC Pink Sheets I used limit price type with mixed results.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:42:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, never do market. If you really want the stock right away just set your limit to the ask.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:45:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yeah, never do market. If you really want the stock right away just set your limit to the ask.
View Quote

Thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Wow its down, pennies are funny, it might be buy time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 1:28:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#34]
span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:[/span]
Wow its down, pennies are funny, it might be buy time.

I pulled profits so I'm happy.  Just play every penny stock as a scam and ride the momentum.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Not really a penny stock, but HK had been looking good lately. I keep saying I should buy it, but talk myself out, thinking it's going to tank. So far this year it hasn't.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#36]
FROZ is tanking.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 1:35:09 AM EDT
[#37]
I guess it counts as a penny stock; a guy at work has been pitching STSI for at least a couple years now.  Sounds like a used car salesman trying to scam me out of something.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Look into LNGLF
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:41:26 AM EDT
[#39]

I made a nice chunk off of Liquidmetal (LQMT) this week, but it raised so many questions about the penny stocks that I'm not sure how likely I am to return to that area. It's one thing to just sort of "what if" it and compare it to buying a lottery ticket. It's something else when you make a genuine effort to research the company and their financials and then have to wonder if their biggest stock mover is social media. For some of this stuff, the only sources of information may well be completely fabricated. My current assessment is that it's a constant battle between fraudsters and dreamers. The idea of finding those few legitimate nuggets of prosperity in a field full of worthless shit does hold some appeal though.

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Look into LNGLF
View Quote

What, specifically am I looking into?

Do you have something to do with the company? (Username)
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#41]
QASP..... Could be a big day tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 12:11:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not being a dick, but what's the point in posting a comment like that with no explanation or link to something credible?
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 2:30:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Not being a dick, but what's the point in posting a comment like that with no explanation or link to something credible?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, news was supposed to be coming today... Not looking like it is going to happen though. As always do your own DD before investing, these penny stocks are a crap shoot. Lots of info here:

http://investorshub.advfn.com/Quasar-Aerospace-QASP-3940/
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Sorry, news was supposed to be coming today... Not looking like it is going to happen though. As always do your own DD before investing, these penny stocks are a crap shoot. Lots of info here:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I was just curious.

I'm not a penny stock guy, but it's interesting to see how that niche market works.

I'd be more likely to buy some way out of the money options if I wanted to venture into what I would consider a "gambling" risk level.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:17:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Not really a penny stock, but HK had been looking good lately. I keep saying I should buy it, but talk myself out, thinking it's going to tank. So far this year it hasn't.
View Quote

HK is a tank and it's position in the eastern TMS is solid. Besides GDP, HK has the best position in wilkinson county. Today's dip gave me yet another reason to further my holding.

I avoid penny stocks even though there is always rumors coming across my desk especially small E&P companies and startups. I'd tell you to stick with what you know unless you just like huge risk.

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Froz released an 8k today they got approval that starting Monday the ticker will be no longer.  It's now mtvx expect to make some money first couple days. Get in ride it up and eject
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 2:29:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Froz released an 8k today they got approval that starting Monday the ticker will be no longer.  It's now mtvx expect to make some money first couple days. Get in ride it up and eject
View Quote

So I'm new to the investing game over the past few months...still learning a lot. I own(ed) a few thousand shares of FROZ and I understand that on Monday they will be converted to a few thousand shares of MTVX on a 1:1 basis correct?

Care to share when you think a good time to eject would be? Where do you see MTVX peaking? Feel free to PM me. More then just  a # to eject at I'd like to learn how you came to that #.

Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So I'm new to the investing game over the past few months...still learning a lot. I own(ed) a few thousand shares of FROZ and I understand that on Monday they will be converted to a few thousand shares of MTVX on a 1:1 basis correct?

Care to share when you think a good time to eject would be? Where do you see MTVX peaking? Feel free to PM me. More then just  a # to eject at I'd like to learn how you came to that #.

Thanks in advance...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks in advance...

Honestly I have no idea I'm thinking my game plan is to sell midweek and buy back in after it dips.  But I'm still new to this as well so your guess is as good as mine.

Yes it's a 1 to 1 share from Froz to MTVX
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top