Site Notices
11/24/2014 4:59:23 PM
Author
Fat, promiscuous and pasty!
Posted: 6/28/2012 11:26:08 AM EST

I'm in the process of buying a duplex to live in and rent out and I have no spreadsheet type software on my computer. I've heard quickbooks is good, would OpenOffice suffice? Is there anything else I should get?

I'm looking at SmartMove by Transunion for credit and BG checks and the Landlording Kit from Socrates for boilerplate.

Thanks,

Snow
Look, if I can't put everyone into little boxes and then blindly apply my feelings about those boxes to the people I put in them, how am I supposed to know who I can look down on? -- Snips
ColonelHurtz
Horror and moral terror are your friends.
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/28/2012 11:47:52 AM EST
"If people insist on photoshops that have nothing to do with anything but racial stereotypes - like Obama dressed like a pimp, eating watermelon and asking where the white wimmenz are at - then that thread will be locked too."
DK-Prof
BigeasySnow
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/28/2012 2:59:34 PM EST
Originally Posted By ColonelHurtz:
http://www.amazon.com/Care-And-Feeding-Of-Tenants/dp/0873642406

Good luck with your endeavor.

Lol! Thanks.

I'm trying to find my way through the Operating Agreement for the llc right now. I feel like I'm back in school.
Look, if I can't put everyone into little boxes and then blindly apply my feelings about those boxes to the people I put in them, how am I supposed to know who I can look down on? -- Snips
BigeasySnow
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/3/2012 4:28:32 PM EST

I checked out Bookkeeping for Dummies, LLCs for Dummies and an LLC book from NOLO.

Met with my accountant today. He advised me to modify my LLC. Wish I'd had a chance to meet with him first but I can fix it or start a new one, they're so easy and cheap. He said that Excel would be fine. Bookkeeping for such a small company isn't so scary now that I'm refreshing my memory on the stuff I learned in school.

Looking at these books too, if anyone has any input.