Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2008 8:37:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/15/2008 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not rustic, decent PX, nice Gym. Hot during the summer, rainy and muddy during the winter.

ETA: The chow hall was shit-hot when we first got there, but took a turn for the worst right after.
Link Posted: 1/15/2008 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/15/2008 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I was on FOB Marez for almost 2 years. Marez is across the street from DBack.

Wetter than Baghdad in the winter. We got snow a few times. The range on Marez is nice.
Blackwater has a nice camp on Marez, close to chow hall. BW has their own helipad/LZ next to their camp. I assume your BW from your avatar.

The guys at the weapons shop on DBack can hook you up with custom work on your weapons if your company allows it.

If you get to Erbil, go to the TripleC compound in Ankawa. They have a pool and a nice restraunt/bar.

ETA, also when in Erbil, stop by FOB Zytun (sp) It's a South Korean FOB. Fantastic chow hall.
Link Posted: 1/16/2008 8:06:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#5]
like the other guys said, rainy, muddy, can get snowy/icy in the winter, but mainly lots of wind and cold.  the summers are hot, and the sandstorms blow in hard in september.  I've heard D-back absorbed Marez though.  Freedom had an AWESOME desert bar back in the day, and FOB Sykes way out in Tal Afar always ran outta food.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top