Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2017 5:07:16 AM EDT
I've been out here almost a year and plan on heading home in late May. Instead of 're-deploying' I just plan on paying out of pocket to return home and turn in my gear in at a nearby base. I am well aware of NOT taking body armor, helmets, knives and other military equipment through Dubai.

What about NBC gear? I can't mail that equipment home. Are we able to turn it in at BAF or somewhere in Kabul? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been out here almost a year and plan on heading home in late May. Instead of 're-deploying' I just plan on paying out of pocket to return home and turn in my gear in at a nearby base. I am well aware of NOT taking body armor, helmets, knives and other military equipment through Dubai.

What about NBC gear? I can't mail that equipment home. Are we able to turn it in at BAF or somewhere in Kabul? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.
View Quote

What do you mean "Instead of 're-deploying' I just plan on paying out of pocket to return home and turn in my gear in at a nearby base."?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#2]
While I was an LNO in Kuwait last year we saw this alot.

I would recommend against it and redploy the standard way by getting into contact with USFOR-A or your Contractor

And all the people we witnessed try and go through Dubai on their own dime, it didn't end well for them. No matter if they were sporting O6 rank
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What do you mean "Instead of 're-deploying' I just plan on paying out of pocket to return home and turn in my gear in at a nearby base."?
View Quote

There is the standard way of exiting country via military aircraft - back to Kuwait and then back to Ft Bliss to turn in your gear. It's free.

I was planning on going on leaving in late May and purchased a ticket already. I would rather just fly home commercially and turn in my gear at a nearby base. Most of my gear can be mailed back w/o a problem. It's jut the NBC gear that I need to figure out to deal with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top