Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2016 7:40:22 AM EDT
I'm currently stationed overseas and won't be back home till February. If hilary wins this election she will most likely put restrictions on AR15s. I wanted to get one when I return but I don't know how that's going to work out. It's getting ridiculous.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 9:16:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Passing a new AWB in the house/senate before Feb would be a world record event for those bodies. That said, "things" will be more expensive than they are now. You're a bit behind the power curve. If you know of an FFL near your home/base I would contact them and see if they are willing to hold a weapon for you until you return. I've requested/accomplished this during my deployments. Find something at one of the big online warehouses, or gunbroker, get it to your FFL and complete the transfer when you return. If they can sit on a suppressor or SBR for 6 months...they can hold onto your Title 1 firearm. You can always purchase one through a private sale so if you know someone who might be willing to part with their investment when you get home that's an option as well.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#2]

You will still be able to get them in Feb, they will just be more expensive.  If you know what you want, find a shop back home that will sell it to you and keep it in their safe until you return.  Prices aren't likely to go down much if Trump wins but they are likely to spike if Hillary wins.

As the poster above said, new laws aren't going into effect before you get back.  It's highly unlikely the dems take the house and senate, hopefully R's will hold both.  This should limit our losses to court cases while Hillary is president.

Link Posted: 10/29/2016 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I understand where you are coming from, I'm currently deployed in AFG, What I Have been doing is ordering the uppers, and lower parts kits, and I am waiting to get home to buy a stripped lower, If you can order your stuff now, a stripped lower still won't be that much if Hillary gets elected.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top