Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2016 7:52:57 PM EDT
I may be headed over soon and need some info.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Came back from Arifjan ~6 mo. ago.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Is Zone 6 shut down or is it still there?  Still have the nice DFAC in Zone 1?  They were building the new DFAC at Zone 2 when I was there 2010-2011.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Came back from Arifjan ~6 mo. ago.
View Quote

IM sent
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Zone 2 was supposed to be open by November.  1 and 6 are still there.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:16:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone every lived on the economy there? I am getting pitched a job there. Off-site quarters, vehicle, per diem, ect.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:24:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone every lived on the economy there? I am getting pitched a job there. Off-site quarters, vehicle, per diem, ect.
View Quote

I was last there in Jan of 16.  Living on the economy was fine.  Lots of good restaurants that weren't there 10+ years ago.  The drive from where you'll live to AJ is boring.  Going to other sites is even more boring.  
Check per-diem amount and the term.   Also confirm whether you can get your vehicle on post or have to park in the loser lot outside.   Getting a Civil ID, health card and driver's license is cumbersome but your sponsor will handle that.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top