Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2015 10:42:21 PM EDT
Im not sure if this is the right place. Can anyone help me with some questions I have? If so please post then I will list them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you want to know?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:24:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been in college doing engineering for the past couple years. I have decided that college isn't for me despite only have 2 years left until I graduate. I am amazing with figuring out how things works and also electrical components so I decided rather than waste my skills in civilian life I want to do it saving lives and also because enlisting has always been on my mind. I have close to if not over 60 semester hours meaning when I enlist I will be E3. I am confused about how exactly you go into the EOD program. When I enlist I have boot camp but what comes after that? Do I serve for some time before I can become EOD or do I immediately go into EOD training? What is the EOD challenge program? From my understanding this puts me through a harder basic but once again do I go to EOD right afterwards or do I have to serve time before going? Since I have specialized schools to attend such as dive and jump school are these things I would complete on my own while enlisted such as....I finish boot camp and then serve a couple months then I decided to go to jump school then I serve a couple more months or close to a year and do dive school or... is it finish basic then move to jump school immediately then immediately dive school and etc.? I also have to choose a source rating (AB AO BU, CM, EN, DO, GM, EM, IC, IT, HT, MN, OS, PH, MM, SK, PR, QM). What is this? Thank you for your help.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:29:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there a certain time to enlist so you go through school at a better time of the year or is there only one basic training section a year? for instance enlist so you go through during the winter rather than summer.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:51:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy wall o' text Batman!!!

You will sign a contract to enlist as an EOD tech.  You will be trained harder in bootcamp than a normal rate.  You will train with other NSW types.
After boot you will go straight through the EOD pipeline.  The pipeline includes everything like jump school and all the diving stuff.  If you graduate then your EOD if not your kicked to the fleet.  

The Navy does not do source ratings anymore.  EOD has their own rate.

Click Me For INFO

In the Navy unless you are a NSW type its super hard to get to jump school.  The only non NSW types I have ever seen with jump wings were PRs and usually they at one point were attached to a NSW unit.  

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:54:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there a certain time to enlist so you go through school at a better time of the year or is there only one basic training section a year? for instance enlist so you go through during the winter rather than summer.
View Quote

Time of year has nothing to do with it.  If you want it then you will get it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:01:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Thats the exact link I was going over. What is the "A" school? If I dont make it through EOD which Im not planning on failing do I choose where to go in the fleet or is it wherever Im needed. Could I service that job then jump back into the EOD pipeline where I failed or is it a one shot thing? In EOD do people make a career out of it or do they finish their term and do civilian work? Is the term six years?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:02:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Go talk to your local navy recruiter , order official copies of your transcripts and get a contract set for EOD. Don't buy  the crap he feeds you about not guaranteed job. If you make it with high enough asvap pass any qual test before or during boot and then make it through their a school. Then after youve made it through EOD school would you go through the other stuff on their time frame.

If navy recruiter gives you bs go talk to an air force recruiter for EOD. The school has a high drop out rate for a reason. Needless to say good luck and keep your head on straight. They're guna do psych evals among other things and any thing from your past may come bite you in the backside.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#8]
The navy pipeline goes boot, dive school, EOD school, jump school, then the Navy's tactical training. Dive school and EOD school both have high wash out rates, although the Navy's EOD students have the highest pass rate. If you fail out you might get the chance to go through again or you might not. It all depends on the needs of the service. "A school" is the navy term for the school you got to after boot in order to learn your job. In your case that would be EOD school. Last I heard washout go to the fleet as unqualified seamen, meaning they do whatever menial jobs you don't need special training to do. That was a few years ago though, things may have changed. There are good contracting jobs on the outside for EOD techs but they might be pretty hard to get by the time you get out. There are a bunch of EOD techs with years of deployment experience on the market right now, and the Army is significantly downsizing it's EOD component so there are going to be a lot more techs looking for civilian jobs soon.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#9]
anyone ever heard of C.E.X.C before?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Im not sure if this is the right place. Can anyone help me with some questions I have? If so please post then I will list them.
View Quote

I work at the dive school here in Panama City FL(NDSTC)If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Doc
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:27:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Holy wall o' text Batman!!!

In the Navy unless you are a NSW type its super hard to get to jump school.  The only non NSW types I have ever seen with jump wings were PRs and usually they at one point were attached to a NSW unit.  

Hope this helps.
View Quote
I knew Reserve IDW types (IS Enlisted and 183x Officers) with jump wings...

You can guess who they were deploying with.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:33:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Changed it to ACME didn't they? The one at KAF at least
It was a few years ago now...
They always had good shirts to go with that acronym
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top