Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2014 3:55:22 PM EDT
Think about volunteering to go there as a GS what is it like? Been to Kuwait, Iraq, and Saudi Arriba  in 1991 and 1992. I’ve heard it is very nice. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 4:21:56 AM EDT
[#1]
It's ok. It's a small Army base on the backside of Al Udeid. I stayed at AUAB and drove over there daily. Between there and the Deid, you won't have much need for anything - plenty of facilities around and such. All depends on how you are billeted and such as to how much you will enjoy it - if you are restricted to base or living off-post, etc. I am at ADAB now as a GS, and it's nicer there than here, if that tells you anything.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's ok. It's a small Army base on the backside of Al Udeid. I stayed at AUAB and drove over there daily. Between there and the Deid, you won't have much need for anything - plenty of facilities around and such. All depends on how you are billeted and such as to how much you will enjoy it - if you are restricted to base or living off-post, etc. I am at ADAB now as a GS, and it's nicer there than here, if that tells you anything.
View Quote

Thanks I've put in for a job there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top