Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There was some weenie from a FMSU trying to learn the guitar outside our hooches last year.  Learn isn't the best word since he was terrible and never seemed to get better, particularly since I was trying to sleep off 20 hour work days a half block down.

He left it out during a rocket attack and someone pooped in it.  The "learning" stopped thereafter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not bashing people who can actually play but it seems like every private was buying guitars on a daily basis, I don't think any of them actually learned to play

There was some weenie from a FMSU trying to learn the guitar outside our hooches last year.  Learn isn't the best word since he was terrible and never seemed to get better, particularly since I was trying to sleep off 20 hour work days a half block down.

He left it out during a rocket attack and someone pooped in it.  The "learning" stopped thereafter.

I rost.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:43:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I rost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not bashing people who can actually play but it seems like every private was buying guitars on a daily basis, I don't think any of them actually learned to play

I rost.

me too.

I purchase NFA items or send of Form 1's early in the deployments so when I get home I don't have to wait so long. In two deployments I've picked up 3 silencers, did an SBR, and an AOW pen gun. Time well spent.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I knew a guy when I was deployed to Kosovo in 99 buy some surplus Swiss Army skis that the binders would strap to your boots. One day after a nice hard snow he tried to ski the hill behind the PX. He went about 5 feet and rode the hill down on his face . We laughed so hard we about shit ourselves. He stood up after untwisting his pretzeled legs with his face looking like it was slapped by a hundred hands. I seriously thought he was going to cry. It was the funniest thing I think I ever saw.

I knew a guy who bought one of those suits at Bagram. He wore it home on leave and his wife saw him and told him to take that thing off before her friends saw him in it lol
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:44:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Saved all my money and bought guns upon return.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I knew a guy when I was deployed to Kosovo in 99 buy some surplus Swiss Army skis that the binders would strap to your boots. One day after a nice hard snow he tried to ski the hill behind the PX. He went about 5 feet and rode the hill down on his face . We laughed so hard we about shit ourselves. He stood up after untwisting his pretzeled legs with his face looking like it was slapped by a hundred hands. I seriously thought he was going to cry. It was the funniest thing I think I ever saw.

I knew a guy who bought one of those suits at Bagram. He wore it home on leave and his wife saw him and told him to take that thing off before her friends saw him in it lol
View Quote

My brother hates my straight collar suit I got in Iraq.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:27:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Had a medic join up with us at Mob straight out of AIT. He got his 20k bonus while we were still Mobing and spent it on a big ass iMac, all sorts of computer shit, and a flat screen TV. Once we got to Kuwait he proceeded directly to the nice blonde lady with the English accent in the AAFES hooch and bought a Challenger R/T. Did I mention he didn't have a civilian job to pay for it back home (National Guard).

When we got home, he promptly wrecked it and the last time I talked to him before he got kicked out for pissing hot, he told me he was thinking about "giving it back".
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#7]
One of our guys spent $7,000 buying up all the Iraqi Dinar he could lay hands on in 2005. Mr. bigshot currency speculator didn't count on the Iraqi government changing their currency later on, making all the old dinar worthless as tits on a bull.

Might as well have spent all that money on toilet paper.

Lots of guys went and bought these huge, shitty Chinese "bowie knives" with rainbow colored laminate handles. Everywhere I went, I'd see these gaudy pieces of shit flopping around on peoples' belts, and most of them couldn't even sharpen a knife.

The best was the donkey the Scout PLT chipped in to buy. They'd take turns riding it to the DFAC every day until the FOB Mayor paid a visit to their hooches and found several FOB dogs, a bunch of chickens, two goats and the donkey. No more livestock on the FOB after that. LOL
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:59:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Balut
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:47:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the winning answer.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Private broke as fuck buys a $1k area rug at KAF for his house and has it shipped home
View Quote

I have my Iraq rug

but I wasn't broke as fuck.... and it sure wasn't a grand
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:56:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Similar to what someone else said, had a guy buy that crappy sword and shield after they did a look up of his family history during mob station. A few NCO's promptly called him an idiot and told him to cancel it and get his money back.

When I got into country I had a fridge someone left in the room, we cleaned it out and used it. I bought a bunch of cigars, a microwave, 15" tv, xbox 360, and this computer I'm using (after my old one sh*t out on me). I later sold the microwave and 360 to guys just arriving in country. I sold the fridge too, so that was just a bonus.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And gettin ready to do it again.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
When I was a Pvt in the Gulf War as we were deploying coward, I saw a guy
In alpa company with a Indiana Kyber Bou
On his LBE. He couldn't have made in 30 mins without
The SGM seeing it.
View Quote

Is this supposed to be a haiku?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
One of our guys spent $7,000 buying up all the Iraqi Dinar he could lay hands on in 2005. Mr. bigshot currency speculator didn't count on the Iraqi government changing their currency later on, making all the old dinar worthless as tits on a bull.

Might as well have spent all that money on toilet paper.

Lots of guys went and bought these huge, shitty Chinese "bowie knives" with rainbow colored laminate handles. Everywhere I went, I'd see these gaudy pieces of shit flopping around on peoples' belts, and most of them couldn't even sharpen a knife.

The best was the donkey the Scout PLT chipped in to buy. They'd take turns riding it to the DFAC every day until the FOB Mayor paid a visit to their hooches and found several FOB dogs, a bunch of chickens, two goats and the donkey. No more livestock on the FOB after that. LOL
View Quote

I'd piss myself if I saw that shit go down  
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I was coming home on midtour leave, and was clearing customs in Kuwait when all of a sudden one of the Coasties working customs goes "Amnesty!" I look over and the dude in the stall next to me was trying to bring home a fucking sand viper in a whiskey bottle. He said he bought it from a guy in a souk when he was on patrol.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

One kid wanted some Kuwaiti Dinar for a souvenir, did the conversion backwards, and pulled out equivalent of $800US haha.

View Quote

I did that too on the way home
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#17]
I stay away from the Bazaar. Everyone in my platoon bought some Beats by Dre, or Beats Pill, or Bose Mini Soundlink. When I pointed out that they were fakes..."no, man, I registered it for the warranty and the serial number checked out!". I just didn't have the heart to point out that there is a disclaimer on the website (Bose, at least) that states that even if the S/N checks out, if you send it in for warranty repair and they find that it is a fake, they will not honor the warranty.

My wife keeps trying to get me to buy her stuff from there...souvenirs, like. I always tell her that she gets me back home, safe & in one piece, as a souvenir.

The other thing I find hilarious is the guys that will drop $3000 for a gaming laptop. Fuck, I didn't even take my laptop on this last trip...I took an 8" tablet to watch movies on. Worked just fine until some asshat sat something heavy on my bag in the RSOI building and broke the screen...three weeks before we were supposed to leave.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I was coming home on midtour leave, and was clearing customs in Kuwait when all of a sudden one of the Coasties working customs goes "Amnesty!" I look over and the dude in the stall next to me was trying to bring home a fucking sand viper in a whiskey bottle. He said he bought it from a guy in a souk when he was on patrol.
View Quote

How fast did everyone run in different directions?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We had a monkey. All it did was throw shit and masterbate.
View Quote

That explains so much
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Coast Guard made him put that shit on the table and stand 3 steps back. then they all stood way the fuck back like the bottle was going to explode or something while they got the vector control guy in there. All the meanwhile I'm standing about 2 or 3 feet away from the bottle, while my guy just rolls his eyes and continues to rummage through my shit like nothing happened.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:24:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The Coast Guard made him put that shit on the table and stand 3 steps back. then they all stood way the fuck back like the bottle was going to explode or something while they got the vector control guy in there. All the meanwhile I'm standing about 2 or 3 feet away from the bottle, while my guy just rolls his eyes and continues to rummage through my shit like nothing happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really a "shit that I bought" story, but still a pretty cool Customs story:

When I was in Iraq, one of our pilots had a misfire on one of his flechette rockets. Happens more often than you'd think...armament guy on the pad gets in a rush and accidentally breaks the wire in the motor when locking the rocket into place. Anyway, said pilot decided to saw the rocket in half to see what was inside of it. He then proceeded to give the flechettes out to just about everyone in the Company. I managed to acquire two of them, put them in my carry on bag with my deployment coin, and forgot about them.

8 months later, I am  going through Customs in Kuwait. Everything is dumped out on the inspection table, and the customs guy (Navy, I think) picks up my carry on bag, turns it upside down, and shakes it. One coin and two flechettes bounce on the surface of the table, and I am thinking to myself "FUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK!!!!!" I had honestly forgotten all about them!

We both look at the flechettes, we both look at each other, and I ask "ok, what now?"

He picks one of them up, looks at it closer, and says "well, it's not a projectile...just put it in your pocket!

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

When I was in Iraq, one of our pilots had a misfire on one of his flechette rockets. Happens more often than you'd think...armament guy on the pad gets in a rush and accidentally breaks the wire in the motor when locking the rocket into place. Anyway, said pilot decided to saw the rocket in half to see what was inside of it. He then proceeded to give the flechettes out to just about everyone in the Company. I managed to acquire two of them, put them in my carry on bag with my deployment coin, and forgot about them.

8 months later, I am  going through Customs in Kuwait. Everything is dumped out on the inspection table, and the customs guy (Navy, I think) picks up my carry on bag, turns it upside down, and shakes it. One coin and two flechettes bounce on the surface of the table, and I am thinking to myself "FUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK!!!!!" I had honestly forgotten all about them!

We both look at the flechettes, we both look at each other, and I ask "ok, what now?"

He picks one of them up, looks at it closer, and says "well, it's not a projectile...just put it in your pocket!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol, I stashed a few flechetts in my gear, only found one so far. I'll find the others one day.

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 9:46:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've seen a USN E-4 haul ass to the haji shops every pay day to spend all of her money one cheap ass jewelry, suits, clothes, and rugs.

She has openly bragged about buying $4000+ worth of "precious stones" because she can sell them for 3x what she paid for them in the states.  She spent at least $1k on a black diamond ring which I'm fairly certain is just tin and obsidian...Unless of course the Afghan jewelers have invented a way to drill into diamonds with hand tools.

View Quote

Is that a Wings of Alaska C206 in your avatar?
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 10:16:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've seen a USN E-4 haul ass to the haji shops every pay day to spend all of her money one cheap ass jewelry, suits, clothes, and rugs.

She has openly bragged about buying $4000+ worth of "precious stones" because she can sell them for 3x what she paid for them in the states.  She spent at least $1k on a black diamond ring which I'm fairly certain is just tin and obsidian...Unless of course the Afghan jewelers have invented a way to drill into diamonds with hand tools.

207, 39 was my baby.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#26]
We had a guy in the company buy a motorcycle off of a Lithuanian SF guy.

Problems:
FOB was too small to ride around on it.
Lived in a Province where there was a two-wheeled motorcycle ban.
Infantry guys hated us RCP guys for finding the shit they didn't. (1st ID FOB Owners, we just passed through)

Ended up "giving" it to the range thanks to the 1SG.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 11:53:59 PM EDT
[#27]
In Thailand our A10 pilots chipped in to buy a tuk tuk.  Somehow they smuggled it back to Korea.  They kept it on the flight line and used it to drive people out to the jets.  I don't know how long that lasted but it was still there when I left 4 months later.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:08:01 AM EDT
[#28]
A couple suits from the Haji ship for $500. Good deal I guess for later use though...

We left out COP/FOB to get propper haircuts (gunny said we looked like neanderthals), so we left for a day trip to Camp Fallujah to look all spiffy and stock up on smokes a dip. Some POG commented behind my back about a huge fucking "Persian" rug was shipping home. He said to his buddy "I don't understand why boots buy $1000 rugs in Iraq".

I turned around and said "nah man, I took this from an insurgent house we took over".

They're eyes kinda lit up and had this wed look on their face as if they never have left the Camp. They had a nice pair of camies on and an 8pt cover, while I was in a flight suit and boonie cover.

The PO wouldn't ship it without a box, and a full bird offered to personally drive me across the Camp to find a box that would fit the rug
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I stay away from the Bazaar. Everyone in my platoon bought some Beats by
Dre, or Beats Pill, or Bose Mini Soundlink. When I pointed out that
they were fakes..."no, man, I registered it for the warranty and the
serial number checked out!". I just didn't have the heart to point out
that there is a disclaimer on the website (Bose, at least) that states
that even if the S/N checks out, if you send it in for warranty repair
and they find that it is a fake, they will not honor the warranty.

View Quote

I paid $35 for my Beats by Haji.  They sound good and the Bluetooth works with my laptop.  I could care less about a warranty.

Quoted:

Not bashing people who can actually play but it seems like every private
was buying guitars on a daily basis, I don't think any of them actually
learned to play
View Quote

Had
a bunch of guys who couldn't play guitars order guitars and try to
learn, they were all made fun of and made to play way down the road away from where everyone else slept and hung out.  Seriously a lot of guitars, we'd have to take two trucks to get mail, one for regular mail and one for all the damn guitars.  Then Craig Morgan came to Bagram to
play a show for the USO and he wanted to come visit us.  Turns out he was in the artillery battalion in my BCT
back when he was in, found out we were there and cleared an afternoon on his schedule to see how we were doing.  He must have signed 30
guitars that day.  Even played a few of them when he and his band, who
are also mostly veterans, played a quick private show for us.  No one
made fun of the guitar guys after that.

Had a kid that couldn't go to the bazaar without buying a knife.  Cheap
copies of benchmades, ridiculous ornate haji daggers, butterfly knives,
switch blades, etc...  He paid $400 for a "custom made" knife from a haji shop.  He
ordered a bunch online too.  He ended up being sent home and we were
still getting Spyderco boxes for him until we left 3 months later.

Then there were the guys that ordered steroids from Germany.

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 12:49:59 AM EDT
[#30]
My chu mate was given the job of being the terp rangler, mainly because he wasn't doing anything else and they needed an E5 to fill the spot. Thankfully I was able to avoid said duty cause I was the COs gunner and company armorer.

Said roommate thought this job was most important one one the FOB. Constantly bragging and having the terps give him items so he would write them letters of reference to gain entry to the States. I'm talking Afghan clothing, money, prayer rugs, the whole shebang. I didn't care cause more time he spent with the terps the less time in the chu with me. But alas, he started bringing the terps to our CHU and they started bring some of their food as offerings. The bread was good, everything else was horrible. Between that and him leaving the door open to our CHU while they smoked hookah, I was glad when he got sent home before me. At least my last weeks in country were peaceful

I was able to being home a 50" monitor that I packaged and put into my weapons connex. Paid $80, sold it to another  guy when we got home for $140 cause he needed it badly.

Spent majority of my deployment money buying Gun parts and my first AR
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:05:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Not really a purchased *item* per say but my old roommate thought it'd be a good idea to build a model rocket at Camp Liberty in 07'. He had even taken the powder from a few .50 cals and packed it into a metal tube for the body and somehow crafted a thrust nozzle. I doubt it would have worked but our Plt Sgt squashed his hopes and dreams before launch day. I wonder what the penalty is for triggering a CRAM with a homemade model rocket in a combat zone.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Not really a purchased *item* per say but my old roommate thought it'd be a good idea to build a model rocket at Camp Liberty in 07'. He had even taken the powder from a few .50 cals and packed it into a metal tube for the body and somehow crafted a thrust nozzle. I doubt it would have worked but our Plt Sgt squashed his hopes and dreams before launch day. I wonder what the penalty is for triggering a CRAM with a homemade model rocket in a combat zone.

View Quote

AGM-114
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

AGM-114
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AGM-114

Lol solid.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 12:21:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Just had a guy drop 2k at the PX on a 55" TV and an XBOX ONE for his tiny 3 man room.

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Just had a guy drop 2k at the PX on a 55" TV and an XBOX ONE for his tiny 3 man room.

View Quote

How do you do that?

I was just one amazon and can have both shipped for under a G.
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 10:11:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

HAHA!!!  Guilty as charged.

I got my first guitar the day I deployed for Desert Shield.  I still have it, and still play it almost every day.  As much of a PITA it was to carry, I took it on every TDY and deployment for the next 19 years.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:52:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I got my first guitar the day I deployed for Desert Shield.  I still have it, and still play it almost every day.  As much of a PITA it was to carry, I took it on every TDY and deployment for the next 19 years.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I loaded eight or so guitars on a luggage pallet during my last OIR deployment.  Seemed like every swinging dick airman wanted to bring a guitar.

That said, we do have a couple of pilots who are amazing guitar players.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:18:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had fasioned a few with ripit cans and .50 cal. They flew like bottle rockets. The other team leader in my squad and I had a competition during tower guard once.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#39]
A digiridoo ( or however the shit you spell it) and had it delivered. he learned how to play it too
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:36:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Had a dude who was on year 5 or so at Camp Vance.  I'm pretty sure he was hiding overseas so he could wait for a statute of limitations to run out or something.  Anyway, he bought a custom made bed for his man can. It was a hell of a sight to watch him try to get the hired locals to fit it in to his room.  It seems he did no measuring prior to purchase.  They had to take it apart a rebuild it in the room.  

It was an even better sight two months later when we were smashing it up for fire wood after he got posted down to Kandahar.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I was at a marina in the Bahamas where an ex-GI was taking delivery of a sailboat he had bought off of ebay while in Iraq.
He and his girlfriend were fixing it up to spend the next year sailing the Caribbean.
View Quote

Had a guy in my squadron that said he had bought a sailboat but didn't know how to sail. He knew I was from RI (grew up wet) and asked me if I could help him. I met him down at Morehead City expecting to see a real boat, he had a Styrofoam 8 ft "sailboat" with a plastic mast and something like a trash bag for a sail... wish I had pictures cause I laughed my ass off when he tried to paddle it out and it snapped in half when the first wave hit it....
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 5:05:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Had a dude who was on year 5 or so at Camp Vance.  I'm pretty sure he was hiding overseas so he could wait for a statute of limitations to run out or something.  Anyway, he bought a custom made bed for his man can. It was a hell of a sight to watch him try to get the hired locals to fit it in to his room.  It seems he did no measuring prior to purchase.  They had to take it apart a rebuild it in the room.  

It was an even better sight two months later when we were smashing it up for fire wood after he got posted down to Kandahar.
View Quote

lol....gotta love when you start busting up random furniture to stay warm. These were pallets that we started scrounging from the aerial port, and some random 4x4...

" />
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Saw an Army LT who looked barely out of high school buy a knock off picitinny mount green laser from a hadj at the bazaar for $300.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 3:36:29 AM EDT
[#44]
in 2003, I was a newly minted captain.  I met my battalion in Baghdad and was assigned as the S3.  My S2 NCO (a brand new E5, reclassed from being a 19K to 35 something...) was the guy buying everything "tactical" he could find on the internet.  He had the extra body armor, every single pouch and each one was stuffed full of God knows what, a guillie suit (yea, really) all the operator t-shirts and every accessory known to man for his M249.

And he sucked at his job and was apparently a shitty tanker to boot.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 2:43:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
in 2003, I was a newly minted captain.  I met my battalion in Baghdad and was assigned as the S3.  My S2 NCO (a brand new E5, reclassed from being a 19K to 35 something...) was the guy buying everything "tactical" he could find on the internet.  He had the extra body armor, every single pouch and each one was stuffed full of God knows what, a guillie suit (yea, really) all the operator t-shirts and every accessory known to man for his M249.

View Quote

We had a guy who I deployed with a few times that sounds similar. Only he was Air Force aircrew (so, even worse...).  But on the handful of days per year where we had to wear IBA on Bagram, this asshole showed up with his personally-bought plate carrier (despite all of us being issued IBA AND our unit having much more comfortable aircrew body armor available), complete with minimal kit because he didn't actually get issued rifle mags (or anything else, really) until we stepped to fly.

He was also known as "batman" because he would go from his normal ass annoying voice to the too-deep, purposefully-trying-to-sound-cool version of himself whenever he went out on the radios to the JTAC....or anybody else.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 2:44:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Saw an Army LT who looked barely out of high school buy a knock off picitinny mount green laser from a hadj at the bazaar for $300.
View Quote

Can't put a price on precision, bro
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We had a guy who I deployed with a few times that sounds similar. Only he was Air Force aircrew (so, even worse...).  But on the handful of days per year where we had to wear IBA on Bagram, this asshole showed up with his personally-bought plate carrier (despite all of us being issued IBA AND our unit having much more comfortable aircrew body armor available), complete with minimal kit because he didn't actually get issued rifle mags (or anything else, really) until we stepped to fly.

He was also known as "batman" because he would go from his normal ass annoying voice to the too-deep, purposefully-trying-to-sound-cool version of himself whenever he went out on the radios to the JTAC....or anybody else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We had a Captain when I was at KAF with the MC-Dozen that had the zip tie restraints in his gear. (Former ALO type) and when I asked what he carried them for the answer was basically for guys like that when they got rowdy on the plane. Probably one of the best officers I served with though.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#48]
On my third deployment (2nd trip to KAF ) for some reason almost everyone in the shop had a KA-BAR hanging off their belt at about halfway through the deployment. I showed up for night shift and BAM! KA-BARs everywhere!
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:41:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

We had a Captain when I was at KAF with the MC-Dozen that had the zip tie restraints in his gear. (Former ALO type) and when I asked what he carried them for the answer was basically for guys like that when they got rowdy on the plane. Probably one of the best officers I served with though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure I know exactly who you're talking about  
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#50]
We just had a guy spend 600 bucks on a soft rug that had a tiger on it, only for one of the guys to over look it back at our crew shack to inspect it and see a made in china tag
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top