Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2016 1:43:10 AM EDT

I'm in the ARFcom keeper league, so I probably won't be talking to much about my thoughts on that league here, but I'm in other leagues too and have an off season trade to consider that has me rather indecisive.

12 teams. Dynasty since 2012. 20 roster slots, 10 starters:

QB, RBx2, WRx3, TE, OP, DST, K

OP flex means basically a 2 QB league.

My QBs: Luck, Brady, Osweiler

My RBs: Rawls, Langford, Forte, Duke Johnson, Jerick McKinnon

I am down on Brady. He'll be 39 when the season starts, will only play 11 games during the fantasy season, and I not confident at all in his prospects at 40 and older.

I am a little down on Langford. Not as down as some, but I don't expect him or Matt Forte to be Matt Forte 2014 anytime soon.

Would you trade Brady + Langford for Eli + Adrian Peterson?

I am seriously considering it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:27:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I would damn near call it a wash either way. On the one hand you have a QB who routinely has high scoring games and a RB who will be part of a RB committee. On the other side you have a QB who is about 50/50 on good games and bad games but a clear cut #1 RB who rarely loses out on touches except for breathers. Since it is a dynasty you can also look at who provides better long term value. AP is nearing the twilight of his career, and with a strong RB pool shaping up for the NFL draft next year the Vikings may get his replacement. Brady is 39 but has shown no signs of slowing down. He retained his WR corp and added Bennett at TE. Dion Lewis will be back as well. Looking at the points per game from last year Brady was great for 90% of his games, Eli for about 60%, AP for about 80%, and Langford had a run of three or four games putting up big numbers but the rest of his games were single digit point totals. Osweiler put up pretty pedestrian numbers even though he was playing with two great WRs, and Eli is just as likely to put up four INTs as he is four TDs.  All things considered, especially looking at your QB situation, I would keep Brady and try and pawn off Langford to somebody in desperate need of a RB.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top