Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 8:23:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And the 10th place team finally got a win...  I don't think his team has scored that many points all season.  He must be excited..  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've said it before and I'll probably say it again - this is a very competitive league. You guys know what you are doing. I'm proud to have you all as league mates.

When the 9th place team (out of 10!) has the 3rd highest point total, you know you're dealing with competence from top to bottom.

And the 10th place team finally got a win...  I don't think his team has scored that many points all season.  He must be excited..  

Please....when I picked my team that is the type of production I expected. If you would have told me I'd be 0-6 I would have bet 100.00 against it. I am kinda numb as to the 0-6 record, well 1-6 now. I suppose luck has a lot to do with it.

Link Posted: 10/27/2015 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Please....when I picked my team that is the type of production I expected. If you would have told me I'd be 0-6 I would have bet 100.00 against it. I am kinda numb as to the 0-6 record, well 1-6 now. I suppose luck has a lot to do with it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've said it before and I'll probably say it again - this is a very competitive league. You guys know what you are doing. I'm proud to have you all as league mates.

When the 9th place team (out of 10!) has the 3rd highest point total, you know you're dealing with competence from top to bottom.

Luck has A LOT to do with it in my opinion.  Look at the points against for the top teams (other than mine of course ).  
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, your team isn't bad at all.

In my other league, we have a winless team that features Brees & Cutler at QB (can start 2), Gore & Latavius Murray at RB, Amari Cooper at WR & Ebron @ TE. On paper, it's not a terrible team. Maybe a little thin at WR, but still not terrible. They are 0-7 with the second-highest points against in the league.

The GM sent out a message to the league looking to trade for 2016 draft picks - basically giving up on this season and hoping to get stronger for next year.

Who knew Peyton Manning was done? Oh, wait. Everybody except you!
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Both leagues are competitive and have certainly helped me draft better in a few Non-Arfcom leagues, well, except for the one that has Romo, Bryant, Lacy, and Foster.  

Anybody else doing Draftkings or Fanduel?  I just started a couple weeks ago on DK and it's pretty fun and even more challenging.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Both leagues are competitive and have certainly helped me draft better in a few Non-Arfcom leagues, well, except for the one that has Romo, Bryant, Lacy, and Foster.  

Anybody else doing Draftkings or Fanduel?  I just started a couple weeks ago on DK and it's pretty fun and even more challenging.
View Quote

No DFS for me. I don't trust them. At all.

I think you are going to see that industry get the smackdown. Right now they are getting away with calling DFS a game of skill and not a game of chance.

If it were regulated as a game of chance with a pari-mutuel payout similar to betting on horses I might be interested.

As it is, they are not required to even disclose how much they pay out for any given game. I think they typically pay out 85-90% but who knows?
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, that's why I haven't played it before now, but figured I'd see what all the buzz was about for $20 and it's nice having the ability to make a new lineup/s each week.  

This season has really pissed me off with the amount of star players I've lost in all my regular leagues.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In my other league, we have a winless team that features Brees & Cutler at QB (can start 2), Gore & Latavius Murray at RB, Amari Cooper at WR & Ebron @ TE. On paper, it's not a terrible team. Maybe a little thin at WR, but still not terrible. They are 0-7 with the second-highest points against in the league.

The GM sent out a message to the league looking to trade for 2016 draft picks - basically giving up on this season and hoping to get stronger for next year.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I took a chance with Peyton but had a solid backup. I don't see that as being my problem, not the main one anyone.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 10:20:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I tried DraftKings once. Not my thing and as Tom said, I don't trust DFS.

I'd rather do real sports betting if I had to choose between the two.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't have to choose, get both.  

On a side note, I'm really glad I decided to not keep Brady and drafted Charles instead.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Leveon Bell, Marshawn Lynch for a couple games, Drew Brees week one, Dez Bryant, Calvin Johnson, Jordan Reed, Antonio Gates.....    

I know some of you others are having as much fun with injuries as I am.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

On a side note, I'm really glad I decided to not keep Brady and drafted Charles instead.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you for releasing Brady. He's been awesome.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Leveon Bell, Marshawn Lynch for a couple games, Drew Brees week one, Dez Bryant, Calvin Johnson, Jordan Reed, Antonio Gates.....    

I know some of you others are having as much fun with injuries as I am.
View Quote

That is pretty brutal.  I had Big Ben out and lost Charles early on in this league, so I know your pain.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would have kept him if he didn't have that 4 game suspension hanging over his head when we declared keepers, really sucks to since I lost Big Rape early on as well.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#15]
It's going to be a close one between Goblin and me tonight. He needs 13 points from Martellus Bennett for the tie, 13.1 for the win.

As usual, the RBs on my bench outscored the RBs in my starting lineup. Left over 9 points on my bench.

Every expert I could find confirmed my suspicions - start the Dougernaut & Stewart over Murray & Langford. Watch Langford explode tonight and Forte get Wally Pipp'd.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It's going to be a close one between Goblin and me tonight. He needs 13 points from Martellus Bennett for the tie, 13.1 for the win.

As usual, the RBs on my bench outscored the RBs in my starting lineup. Left over 9 points on my bench.

Every expert I could find confirmed my suspicions - start the Dougernaut & Stewart over Murray & Langford. Watch Langford explode tonight and Forte get Wally Pipp'd.

View Quote

Damn it! Left the winning points on my bench. AGAIN.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I suspect that somebody in this league has let their fandom ruin their fantasy.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

What are we talking about so I can get on board?  
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's kind of like you and a roster you had a few years back that had way too many Cowboys on it, except this time it's a team full of Bengals and a guy from Ohio. I suspect that's not coincidence.

If you're a Steelers fan, having Bell, Brown & Ben might work out OK. There are a few other teams like that - Green Bay comes to mind - but in general you don't want to load your team with 3+ players from the same team. And for me, you especially don't want to do that with players from your favorite team. Because when the team fails to meet your fan-inspired lofty expectations your fantasy team suffers.

So consider this one of the commandments of fantasy football: don't let your fandom ruin your fantasy.

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 9:17:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's kind of like you and a roster you had a few years back that had way too many Cowboys on it, except this time it's a team full of Bengals and a guy from Ohio. I suspect that's not coincidence.

If you're a Steelers fan, having Bell, Brown & Ben might work out OK. There are a few other teams like that - Green Bay comes to mind - but in general you don't want to load your team with 3+ players from the same team. And for me, you especially don't want to do that with players from your favorite team. Because when the team fails to meet your fan-inspired lofty expectations your fantasy team suffers.

So consider this one of the commandments of fantasy football: don't let your fandom ruin your fantasy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, not sure I'd have Green and Eifert on the team.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh...  He has had 1389 points scored against him.  With 10 teams the league is more competitive.  Catching breaks on match ups is more important than ever.  

If I had 1175 points scored against me I would have 1 or 2 losses at the most...  Even with Bell and Bryant hurt.  That's the game though, and we all have been on both sides of it.   His team definitely isn't the best, but the match ups look like they have taken a dump on him.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:49:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Man... this is a tight race. It's about to get interesting in these next few weeks.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Man... this is a tight race. It's about to get interesting in these next few weeks.
View Quote
It's been a few years since I backed out of the other "classic" league, but these ARFcom leagues have been the most competitive leagues I've ever had the pleasure to compete in.

With two (er, one and a half?) weeks left on the schedule, only one team out of ten has been mathematically eliminated from contention and zero teams have secured a playoff spot.

There are very few leagues that competitive.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's been a few years since I backed out of the other "classic" league, but these ARFcom leagues have been the most competitive leagues I've ever had the pleasure to compete in.

With two (er, one and a half?) weeks left on the schedule, only one team out of ten has been mathematically eliminated from contention and zero teams have secured a playoff spot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately, I think I am a dead man walking.  Way too many injuries. I don't think it is a fluke either.  The speed and aggressiveness of hits/tackles seems to be escalating every year.  

Thinking this will be my last year in any season-long league.   If anything, week to week looks to be where it's at.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Unfortunately, I think I am a dead man walking.  Way too many injuries. I don't think it is a fluke either.  The speed and aggressiveness of hits/tackles seems to be escalating every year.  

Thinking this will be my last year in any season-long league.   If anything, week to week looks to be where it's at.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting. I'm moving the other way. I joined a dynasty league in 2012 and it's my favorite format. I have zero interest in daily or weekly, at least the commercially available variety.

If the software was out there for weekly/daily fantasy for free - set up a league with co-workers, friends/family, etc., maybe I'd be interested - but industrial DFS is a rip off. The payout is worse than a slot machine at an Indian casino.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:27:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my first year in this league, my first year doing a keeper league too. I've never been in a league this competitive. It's been a lot of fun. I've been going over the possible outcomes of this week and it really could go either way for all of us, well most of us. #1 plays #3, #2 plays #4... sitting at #5 that's a good position for me to be in if I can take down The Mighty Goblins .

Thank you to whom ever dropped Jamaal Charles. He may be one of my keepers next year.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

This is my first year in this league, my first year doing a keeper league too. I've never been in a league this competitive. It's been a lot of fun. I've been going over the possible outcomes of this week and it really could go either way for all of us, well most of us. #1 plays #3, #2 plays #4... sitting at #5 that's a good position for me to be in if I can take down The Mighty Goblins .

Thank you to whom ever dropped Jamaal Charles. He may be one of my keepers next year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, check the draft results for a value and add $5. Chances are you won't like what you find. I think his keeper value would be close to $60.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:34:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yeah, check the draft results for a value and add $5. Chances are you won't like what you find. I think his keeper value would be close to $60.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking about that afterwards and wondered which way it went. I've heard of both ways of doing it and figured this league would be that way. Personally I think that if someone picks someone up as a FA they shouldn't be on the hook for what someone else paid for them prior to dropping them. It just doesn't make sense. Why would a player hold their value if someone dropped them to the waiver wire?
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 3:01:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Final weekend of the regular season and only one team (GhostFly's Dolphins) has clinched a playoff spot (but not a bye).

Playoffs go 6 teams deep here, and we have 6 teams vying for the 5 remaining spots.

Maverick's Top Guns, The Mighty Goblins and The Corleone Family are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.

GhostFly's Dolphins (currently #1) matches up with I Touchdown There (#7). GhostFly secures a bye with a win, I Touchdown There needs a win to avoid elimination.

House of Tards (#2) matches up with H.U.D.S. (#4). The winner will secure a playoff spot and possibly a bye. The loser - if House of Tards loses, they probably still make the playoffs due to a high PF. If H.U.D.S loses, they will probably still earn a playoff berth with a high PF.

Deadly Dingleberries (#3) plays Maverick's Top Guns. Dingleberries could be eliminated with a loss but probably not - again, due to high PF.

JuiceBox Smash (#5) is the highest standing team at 6-6 and faces 6-6 $89 for the win (#6) in a loser goes home matchup. The winner makes the playoffs.

All 3 teams that are 6-6 are within ~25 points of each other, so PF is going to be a big deal.

It's coming right down to the wire, boys.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I was thinking about that afterwards and wondered which way it went. I've heard of both ways of doing it and figured this league would be that way. Personally I think that if someone picks someone up as a FA they shouldn't be on the hook for what someone else paid for them prior to dropping them. It just doesn't make sense. Why would a player hold their value if someone dropped them to the waiver wire?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A couple of reasons:

1. We have an IR spot for this. If a likely keeper goes to IR you can keep them on your roster if you want.

2. If you have the #1 waiver spot, you could conceivably drop a guy then add him via waiver claim to eliminate his keeper value. We wouldn't let you get away with it, but per the letter of the law someone could at least try it.

3. The rule is UDFA = $0, not FA = $0. There is a difference...

I can see the argument for a player reverting to $0 if they are dropped for any reason, but I'm also perfectly happy with the system we have.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

A couple of reasons:

1. We have an IR spot for this. If a likely keeper goes to IR you can keep them on your roster if you want.

2. If you have the #1 waiver spot, you could conceivably drop a guy then add him via waiver claim to eliminate his keeper value. We wouldn't let you get away with it, but per the letter of the law someone could at least try it.

I can see the argument for a player reverting to $0 if they are dropped for any reason, but I'm also perfectly happy with the system we have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A couple of reasons:

Well I certainly agree that we wouldn't want people to draft someone, drop them, and eliminate the cost with a high waiver pick... That's pretty easy to avoid.

However, if they're drafted by someone else and dropped - I don't see how that would transfer over to other people who didn't draft them.  Why would I have to pay what someone else paid last year plus $5 if I picked them off of FA on the WW because they dropped him... Obviously they didn't hold any value to them.

Just my opinion. Like you said, we have an IR spot if someone wants to retain them...
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#32]
A couple of reasons:

View Quote

Well said Thomas!
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Agree
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 5:40:55 PM EDT
[#35]

<snip>

Well I certainly agree that we wouldn't want people to draft someone, drop them, and eliminate the cost with a high waiver pick... That's pretty easy to avoid.

However, if they're drafted by someone else and dropped - I don't see how that would transfer over to other people who didn't draft them.  Why would I have to pay what someone else paid last year plus $5 if I picked them off of FA on the WW because they dropped him... Obviously they didn't hold any value to them.

Just my opinion. Like you said, we have an IR spot if someone wants to retain them...
View Quote

It could also diminish competition towards the end of the season.  People who are low in the standings could start stacking their team for the next year.  Others may not be able to do that who are pushing for playoff spots.  

I would have loved to keep some of the players I dropped, but I have had so many injuries this year I had to sacrifice some.   I had to drop Drew Brees after week one because I had three starters get hurt including him.  He definitely had value to me, however, if I am going to maintain a competitive team I need to make sure I have players that can actually play.  

Also, the value of better players are usually determined by more than one person via the bidding process.   Resetting values seems to be counterintuitive in regard to the auction drafts.   I can't really see any reason at all why the value should reset.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

If Juicebox Smash beats me, I fire him on Monday
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

JuiceBox Smash (#5) is the highest standing team at 6-6 and faces 6-6 $89 for the win (#6) in a loser goes home matchup. The winner makes the playoffs.

All 3 teams that are 6-6 are within ~25 points of each other, so PF is going to be a big deal.

It's coming right down to the wire, boys.

If Juicebox Smash beats me, I fire him on Monday

I was going to say something about at least waiting for Tuesday, but it looks like neither of you has anyone going on MNF.

Fire away!
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:21:47 AM EDT
[#37]
It'll be very interesting to see how this plays out. It's going to be close.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Unless my math is wrong, I don't think I'm technically eliminated yet.

5. JuiceBox 6-6 1516pts
6. $89 for the win 6-6 1506 pts
7. TouchDown There 6-6 1492 pts
8. Maverick 5-7 1470 pts

JuiceBox and 89 play each other this week, so one of them will be 6-7.
If Touchdown loses to Ghostfly, he will be 6-7.
If I beat Deadly Dingle, I'll be 6-7.

If the three outcomes above take place, 6th spot will come down to PF. Granted, I'm about 40 points behind in that race, but it's a possibility.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:13:05 PM EDT
[#39]
I need some commissioner assistance.

Last night I made some waiver claims using my phone and this morning when they went through...

It appears as though I picked up D. Inman and dropped J. Langford.

This was not my intent.

It was supposed to be +Inman/- V. Davis.

Can you use your commissioner powers to put Langford back on my team and drop Vernon Davis?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Last night I made some waiver claims using my phone and this morning when they went through...

This was not my intent.

Can you use your commissioner powers to put Langford back on my team and drop Vernon Davis?

Thank you.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This was not my intent.

Thank you.

I knew that would be the response here.

Stupid phone app, late at night just before the waiver deadline, etc.

It's an honest mistake. Nobody in their right mind is dropping Langford right now.

Comments about the state of my mind can commence in 3, 2, ...

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Unless my math is wrong, I don't think I'm technically eliminated yet.

5. JuiceBox 6-6 1516pts

6. $89 for the win 6-6 1506 pts

7. TouchDown There 6-6 1492 pts

8. Maverick 5-7 1470 pts

JuiceBox and 89 play each other this week, so one of them will be 6-7.

If Touchdown loses to Ghostfly, he will be 6-7.

If I beat Deadly Dingle, I'll be 6-7.

If the three outcomes above take place, 6th spot will come down to PF. Granted, I'm about 40 points behind in that race, but it's a possibility.

View Quote

I believe you are correct. You are not mathematically eliminated yet, but dang - talk about a long shot.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This was not my intent.

Thank you.
View Quote

Let me see what I can do....stay tuned.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 6:24:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Tom,
You dropped Vernon Davis for Julius Thomas.

Not sure what I need to do here????
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Tom,

You dropped Vernon Davis for Julius Thomas.

Not sure what I need to do here????

View Quote

Let me look at it again. Under no circumstance did I intend to drop Langford, that much is certain.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#46]
I submitted three claims last night.

Apparently they were:

DROP V. Davis

ADD J. Thomas

DROP J. Matthews (Doh! mistakenly selected J. Langford and not J. Matthews)

ADD D. Inman

DROP J. Matthews

ADD K. Aiken

My plan was to swap out TEs and add either Inman or Aiken, in that order.

So I guess the correction would be:

DROP Aiken

ADD Langford

Sorry about the confusion. That's what I get for using Yahoo!'s crappy mobile app at midnight...

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 8:34:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Apparently they were:

DROP V. Davis
ADD J. Thomas

ADD D. Inman

DROP J. Matthews
ADD K. Aiken

DROP Aiken
ADD Langford

Sorry about the confusion. That's what I get for using Yahoo!'s crappy mobile app at midnight...

View Quote

Done.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 9:11:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Done.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Apparently they were:

DROP V. Davis

ADD J. Thomas

ADD D. Inman

DROP J. Matthews

ADD K. Aiken

DROP Aiken

ADD Langford

Done.

Thanks. Sorry about the mix up.

But hey, at least I didn't bid $89...

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 12:50:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently they were:

DROP V. Davis
ADD J. Thomas

ADD D. Inman

DROP J. Matthews
ADD K. Aiken

DROP Aiken
ADD Langford

Done.

You clicked the wrong person... Didn't read the confirmation and get the player back?  

Gee... Two weeks ago I intended to start Rawls if Lynch was out.  He was listed as "questionable but expected to play."  However, he went from expected to play to surgery...   Can I get those points Rawls would have given me and the win please?  

I was working when it updated... It's only fair right?
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 2:12:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You clicked the wrong person... Didn't read the confirmation and get the player back?  

Gee... Two weeks ago I intended to start Rawls if Lynch was out.  He was listed as "questionable but expected to play."  However, he went from expected to play to surgery...   Can I get those points Rawls would have given me and the win please?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently they were:

DROP V. Davis
ADD J. Thomas

ADD D. Inman

DROP J. Matthews
ADD K. Aiken

DROP Aiken
ADD Langford

Done.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top