Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Maverick mentioned this may be looked at as not being fair if I undo what Tom did.

You guys work it out and I will abide by whatever decision you all make.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a post typed up yesterday, but decided not to post it. However, after seeing Pistol clearly has an issue with this, I'll post my thoughts - can't make it too long because I'm at work:

Reversing Tom's mistake of dropping Langford is not fair. Simple as that. I understand Tom had no intention of dropping Langford, but he did. There were no extenuating circumstances here. As Pistol pointed out, you even get a confirmation screen to confirm the transaction.  The commish is doing a favor for an owner after the owner made a mistake. That type of scenario has the potential to evolve into something ugly especially when there is money involved.

Having said that, Tom's a longtime owner here, he's always been fair, and this is an isolated occurrence. I'm not going to call for Sandman to reverse this, but we need a rule in place for next season to prevent this from happening again.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Look, I'm not trying to get away with anything here. I made a mistake when making a claim, brought it to the commissioner's attention as soon as I realized it, and he corrected the mistake. In my mind, and I've been a league commissioner before both here and elsewhere, this is exactly what a league commissioner is for.

Should we have made Brian pay $89 during the draft?

If a majority of owners disagrees with the move, reverse the correction. I'll live with it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 1:25:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm OK with the reverse as we have corrected mistakes in the past ($89).  I would say in general it is a PIA for the commissioner to do this so hopefully it stays minimized.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look, I'm not trying to get away with anything here. I made a mistake when making a claim, brought it to the commissioner's attention as soon as I realized it, and he corrected the mistake. In my mind, and I've been a league commissioner before both here and elsewhere, this is exactly what a league commissioner is for.

If a majority of owners disagrees with the move, reverse the correction. I'll live with it.
View Quote

I actually brought that up to Sandman, but he said they're not the same. I guess I'd agree.

Just be more careful in the future. I expect better of you, Thomas.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 3:47:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I actually brought that up to Sandman, but he said they're not the same. I guess I'd agree.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I probably won't be making any more waiver claims on my phone at midnight, for what that's worth.

If the $89 had been an error of judgement, the bidder would have to live with it. When it's fat-fingering your keyboard when you're in a rush, that's an honest mistake that can be easily remedied - and should be.

In my case, I fat-fingered my phone.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I wasn't here for the draft so I have no idea about that.  I am a little baffled that the roster switch was even considered.  In every other league I have been in it's not even a question.  Everyone else just laughs and points and hopes their next in line to capitalize from the the screwup.  

My opinion should probably matter the least though.  If I limp into the playoffs, and cash somehow, my winnings are going to a great charity called Project Healing Waters.  Then I am going to step away from FF for a bit.  

So since the league is in a charitable mood consider throwing for a good cause...  .
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I wasn't here for the draft so I have no idea about that.  I am a little baffled that the roster switch was even considered.  In every other league I have been in it's not even a question.  Everyone else just laughs and points and hopes their next in line to capitalize from the the screwup.  

My opinion should probably matter the least though.  If I limp into the playoffs, and cash somehow, my winnings are going to a great charity called Project Healing Waters.  Then I am going to step away from FF for a bit.  

So since the league is in a charitable mood consider throwing for a good cause...  .
View Quote

Oh, you missed a good one during the draft. Bryan inadvertently bid $89 on someone (Todd Gurley?) when the prior bid was $7 or $8. It was pretty obvious he was trying to bid $8 but someone beat him to it. When he tried to bid $9, he ended up bidding $89. It was quite the ordeal while the commish figured out how to pause the draft and correct the bid.

This reminds me of the old Adrian Peterson (RB-CHI) auction trick. Someone would nominate "the other" Adrian Peterson and hope that some fool placed some crazy bid thinking it was the real Adrian Peterson. Made for some very funny mock drafts. People lost their minds. Anyone else remember that?
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had a post typed up yesterday, but decided not to post it. However, after seeing Pistol clearly has an issue with this, I'll post my thoughts - can't make it too long because I'm at work:

Reversing Tom's mistake of dropping Langford is not fair. Simple as that. I understand Tom had no intention of dropping Langford, but he did. There were no extenuating circumstances here. As Pistol pointed out, you even get a confirmation screen to confirm the transaction.  The commish is doing a favor for an owner after the owner made a mistake. That type of scenario has the potential to evolve into something ugly especially when there is money involved.

Having said that, Tom's a longtime owner here, he's always been fair, and this is an isolated occurrence. I'm not going to call for Sandman to reverse this, but we need a rule in place for next season to prevent this from happening again.
View Quote

Don't forget Tom and I have slept together, so there is that to consider.

Honestly I didn't think twice about doing it, but after consideration I guess it could be an issue for some. I'm waiting for 89 to chime in. I'm curious what his thoughts are....
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Honestly I didn't think twice about doing it, but after consideration I guess it could be an issue for some. I'm waiting for 89 to chime in. I'm curious what his thoughts are....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Best I ever had, too.

I am boxing up your Christmas present tonight.

I can only assume that your pallet of ammo arrived on schedule.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 1:39:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Being the newest, or tied for newest, in this league my opinion means nothing. However, being the idiot I am I will comment on it. From where I stand I don't see this as a big deal. The owner spoke up and the commish took action. It's not like he waited a few days to see what kind of news came out about the players etc. Now, I am a commish in a few leagues and we have all been together for a long time. It would absolutely not happen in those leagues. Like the other owner said; we'd laugh at them. Someone would reap the benefits of someone's mistake etc. etc. etc. However, I think a case can be made due to the sincerity of the mistake and the swiftness of the actions taken by both the owner and commissioner. I would also agree, however, that a rule should be in place that no reversals of add/drops should ever be considered from here on out. I would also say that the only exception would be the 89$ type situation. It's not logical to think that someone would jump from 7 to 8 to 89$ on a bid. If that person speaks up and it can be corrected I think it should if it was as obvious as the 89$ mistake. I don't think add/drop corrections should be considered anymore though. IMHO, FWIW.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Being the newest, or tied for newest, in this league my opinion means nothing. However, being the idiot I am I will comment on it. From where I stand I don't see this as a big deal. The owner spoke up and the commish took action. It's not like he waited a few days to see what kind of news came out about the players etc. Now, I am a commish in a few leagues and we have all been together for a long time. It would absolutely not happen in those leagues. Like the other owner said; we'd laugh at them. Someone would reap the benefits of someone's mistake etc. etc. etc. However, I think a case can be made due to the sincerity of the mistake and the swiftness of the actions taken by both the owner and commissioner. I would also agree, however, that a rule should be in place that no reversals of add/drops should ever be considered from here on out. I would also say that the only exception would be the 89$ type situation. It's not logical to think that someone would jump from 7 to 8 to 89$ on a bid. If that person speaks up and it can be corrected I think it should if it was as obvious as the 89$ mistake. I don't think add/drop corrections should be considered anymore though. IMHO, FWIW.
View Quote

Is it logical that someone would drop UDFA J. Langford at this point in the season?

I agree that if I had waited any time at all that the legitimacy of my request would suffer dramatically.

As stated above, I won't be making any more late night roster moves on my phone.

I don't see how having a mistake corrected by the commissioner is an issue so long as 1) the owner that makes the mistake notifies the league immediately and 2) it is in fact an honest mistake and not an error of judgement (like some kind of retroactive sit/start decision). I believe this no matter what the mistake might be.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Best I ever had, too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best I ever had, too.

Indeed it did. The .223 would have been fine. You went above and beyond with the .308  

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

First off your an owner in this league and your opinion counts just as much as anyone else.

And I tend to agree now that this has come up. The 89.00 thing would have all but ruined Bryan's season and we all knew it was a major mistake that could have happened to anyone trying to quickly outbid another owner.

I like to take the common sense approach and if there is any doubt, even a little, then the owner is stuck with his dumb ass mistake. But again I'll do whatever the consensus thinks...
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Is it logical that someone would drop UDFA J. Langford at this point in the season?

I agree that if I had waited any time at all that the legitimacy of my request would suffer dramatically.

As stated above, I won't be making any more late night roster moves on my phone.

I don't see how having a mistake corrected by the commissioner is an issue so long as 1) the owner that makes the mistake notifies the league immediately and 2) it is in fact an honest mistake and not an error of judgement (like some kind of retroactive sit/start decision). I believe this no matter what the mistake might be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In all seriousness Tom I want to thank you for your maturity with this matter. I know a lot of guys who would threaten to quit (and have actually) because things did not go their way in the league.

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I completely disagree with that.  Mistakes are part of the game, and I don't think free passes should be handed out..... Leaves way too many doors open for people to blur the lines.

I don't think it is an honest mistake if you don't read the confirmation screens you are given before clicking the button twice.  It is a stupid mistake that you should be penalized for.   That's part of what makes it fun.... Not all this patty cake, taksies backsies shit.  

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I completely disagree with that.  Mistakes are part of the game, and I don't think free passes should be handed out..... Leaves way too many doors open for people to blur the lines.

I don't think it is an honest mistake if you don't read the confirmation screens you are given before clicking the button twice.  It is a stupid mistake that you should be penalized for.   That's part of what makes it fun.... Not all this patty cake, taksies backsies shit.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see your point, but I guess we just differ on the issue.

I would take no pleasure in taking advantage of a fat-finger or mouse click error on the part of another owner.

Taking advantage of an error in judgment? Now that's part of the fun.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 5:31:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

In all seriousness Tom I want to thank you for your maturity with this matter. I know a lot of guys who would threaten to quit (and have actually) because things did not go their way in the league.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks. I'm not throwing a tantrum here and wouldn't even if the majority of GMs disagreed with your decision to correct my error.

None of the players involved have played a game yet so I guess there's still time for more GMs to chime in.

Your handling of the situation is pretty much exactly how I would have handled it were our roles reversed.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I would take no pleasure in taking advantage of a fat-finger or mouse click error on the part of another owner.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is not what caused you to drop the player though.  You had an opportunity to correct the mistake had you bothered to look at what you were doing.  Then the waiver claim sat there at the top of your team page giving you another chance to see the error.  

That is what the two step verification is for.  Saying you dropped the player because of a click error is 100% false.  You VERIFIED the click error.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 10:47:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

That is not what caused you to drop the player though.  You had an opportunity to correct the mistake had you bothered to look at what you were doing.  Then the waiver claim sat there at the top of your team page giving you another chance to see the error.  

That is what the two step verification is for.  Saying you dropped the player because of a click error is 100% false.  You VERIFIED the click error.
View Quote

You are correct, though I did this late Tuesday night and the "sat there at the top of your team page" was for a couple of hours while I was asleep.

I created three claims:

1. DROP v. Davis ADD J. Thomas

2. DROP Jordan Matthews (er, Jeremy Langford) ADD D. Inman

3. DROP Jordan Matthews ADD K. Aiken

Note that Jeremy and Jordan are both 6 letters, start with J and have an R as the third character.

Also that Matthews and Langford are also both 8 characters.

Tiny phone screen. Late at night.

I'm sorry this is bothering you so much. It was an honest mistake, I brought it to the attention of the league immediately, and the commissioner gracefully accepted my explanation and corrected the error. A few other GMs have raised some eyebrows, but none seem as bothered by it as you. I don't know what else to say at this point.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You are correct, though I did this late Tuesday night and the "sat there at the top of your team page" was for a couple of hours while I was asleep.

I created three claims:

Note that Jeremy and Jordan are both 6 letters, start with J and have an R as the third character.

I'm sorry this is bothering you so much. It was an honest mistake, I brought it to the attention of the league immediately, and the commissioner gracefully accepted my explanation and corrected the error. A few other GMs have raised some eyebrows, but none seem as bothered by it as you. I don't know what else to say at this point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I created three claims:

You trying to explain it away as something it is not is what is bothering me.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I created three claims:

Either it was intentional and I'm asking out of regret, or it was unintentional and therefore a mistake.

I guess we just differ on what "it" is.

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:25:20 PM EDT
[#23]
On a lighter note, it appears as though I'm going to get my ass handed to me this week by H.U.D.S.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
On a lighter note, it appears as though I'm going to get my ass handed to me this week by H.U.D.S.
View Quote

It sure does appear that way.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 1:51:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Did I just win 6 games in a row and go from last to first? I blacked out, what happened?

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 2:26:23 AM EDT
[#26]
I think that might be exactly what happened.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#27]
From last place to first round bye. I'll take it.

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:00:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Wow. That's quite the run. GL to everyone in the playoffs.

I'm in the classic league playoffs. My hope for cash money prize lies there!
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

i beat juicebox smash by a point to make playoffs in both leagues.   I also gets to keep his job, so its a win win
View Quote

COLLUSION!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 8:53:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Well that was an interesting finish to week 14.

Week 15 is looking like:

Championship Bracket

HUDS vs. $89
Dophins vs. Tards
Dingleberries vs. Touchdown

Unless I read that wrong.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#34]
That looks right to me. Everybody is done - no MNF players on any of the teams playing each other this week.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 1:41:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Good luck to all this week.

Merry Christmas from my family to yours.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#36]
It's looking like our top two playoff seeds are going to face off for the championship while Captain $89 and I square off to see which of us can earn our entry fee.

In my other league my day started off horribly - started Amendola over D-Jax and Golden Tate. Amendola puts up -1.7 and leaves the game. But the day ended nicely with A. Brown & Osweiler going crazy and earning me a spot in the title game.

Only one more weekend...
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 1:04:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Yep... Unless Prater puts up 11.59 points, and Tate throws up a goose-egg. It looks like it'll be Ghostfly's Dolphins vs. me for the Championship.

Like you said, one more week. This has been a really fast season.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Yep... Unless Prater puts up 11.59 points, and Tate throws up a goose-egg. It looks like it'll be Ghostfly's Dolphins vs. me for the Championship.

Like you said, one more week. This has been a really fast season.
View Quote

It's not impossible - I did get almost -2 from Amendola yesterday in my other league. But it seems highly unlikely that I will get a win here this week.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 2:46:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Merry Christmas new guy. You did well for your first year.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 1:21:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks old-timer

It's not my first rodeo, but you just never know how it'll play out.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 10:55:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Any way to grab and post standings for the last 3 or 4 years?  I think it would be interesting to reflect on the outcome.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Any way to grab and post standings for the last 3 or 4 years?  I think it would be interesting to reflect on the outcome.
View Quote
They are available on the league page, just click the Season: drop down and select prior years from the list.

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Thanks old-timer

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks old-timer

True but really I meant that you were a good owner who managed each week, didn't do anything stupid like leave a position vacant due to a bye, etc..and actually was competitive.

Link Posted: 12/24/2015 9:08:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

True but really I meant that you were a good owner who managed each week, didn't do anything stupid like leave a position vacant due to a bye, etc..and actually was competitive.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks old-timer

Inappreciate it. Look forward to doing this again next year. I already have my keepers picked out, and a strategy for next year.

Has the payout for 1st been established? I'm not sure what "MO fees" are, but that was mentioned in the beginning.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 11:37:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
i believe its
$350
$100
$50

MO fees would be if you want a MO instead of a check from me, or paypal gift
View Quote

Ah, ok gotcha.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Sandman's checks have always cleared for me.

Link Posted: 12/27/2015 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#48]

Great season gentlemen, I can't wait for next year.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Congrats to HUDS.  See everyone next year.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Congrats, H.U.D.S.!

For me, it's not over until it's over - can Hill & Sanders put up 30 points tonight?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top