Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/18/2015 10:16:25 AM EDT
Please note MAJOR CHANGE made to league: There will no longer be a 3 round auction draft. This league will now use a standard snake draft. I will let Yahoo pick the order at draft time to keep it fair.

Previous owners -all invites have been sent out today 6.18.2015. If you do not receive yours please let me know ASAP.

Second invite has been sent out -7.30.15

Status of league as of 7.30.2015

10 confirmed teams have joined the league:

Sandman's Cows
Berserkers
FBHO
Femur Snapper
Handcuff hug
The Mighty Goblins
INFAMOUS
Maverick's Top Guns
Vegas Gamblers
heineken_NoBaDjUjU

IMPORTANT DATE:

Draft will be held on:

New draft date!!!!

Date: Wednesday September 9, 2015

Time: 8:30 pm

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Could be interested depending on stakes.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#2]
will be monitoring this thread.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 1:36:44 PM EDT
[#3]
would be interested if a spot opened up.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:19:11 AM EDT
[#4]
It looks like we will have at least 1 new owner this year, maybe more. With that in mind, below are the details of this league. Any open spots will be filled by Team members first.

ARFcom Fantasy Football CLASSIC LEAGUE

Head to head Yahoo league.
Entry Fee = $50.
Sandman67 is the league treasurer. IM him for PayPal/postal address if you need it. For PayPal, send $51.81 (that's $50 after the 3.5% PayPal fee).

Prizes: $50 to 3rd Place, $100 to 2nd Place and the remainder (after any MO fees, etc) to the league winner.

Each player is issued "50 auction dollars" for a 3-round Auction -this fills up the first 3 spots on your team. The rest of the spots are filled via a regular live snake draft. The 3 round auction is a lot of fun and adds another element to the hybrid system.

After the "live" auction, I will go to the regular league and set your auction picks as keepers for your first three picks in the snake draft. This will eliminate any potential problems with someone missing the snake draft. It will also save us some time during the live draft effectively shortening the draft by three rounds.

The Yahoo! server WILL AUTODRAFT FOR YOU if you miss the auction so set your players rankings in the event autodraft is an option you must consider.

League settings can be viewed at the league page (see link above).

Roster:
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/RB, K, D/ST, BN x6 (15 player roster)

Draft:
$50 auction for rounds 1-3, "regular" snake draft for following rounds. We will use the Yahoo! default draft rankings for the auction.

Auction procedure:
We'll be using the Yahoo! auction draft software. If you're not in the keeper league or have never participated in A Yahoo! live auction, I would encourage you to at least try a mock auction draft at least once. The Yahoo! server WILL AUTODRAFT FOR YOU if you miss the auction.

Plan on the whole process taking several hours.

After the auction:
You WILL go to your Yahoo! team page and edit your pre-draft rankings so that the three players you won in the auction are your top three. This way, if you are late for or miss the live draft your team will still get the three players you bought in the auction. Do not screw this up.

Rules change from 2011:
Consolation bracket results no longer apply to draft position for the following season. For non-championship bracket playoff teams, the final regular season standings will determine draft order for the following season.

The 12 spot is the most favorable spot for our draft - the higher your number, the better your pick.

This contest is in no way sanctioned or otherwise supported by AR15.com, and all participants take part at their own risk.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:23:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Due to a lack of interest I am seriously considering letting these leagues die. Does anyone have interest in taking them over as commish?
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:47:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Lack of interest? Imo,  Lots of people are on vacation mode this time of year.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:36:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

We've been doing this for years. Guys know the drill. I sent invites out over a month ago and the teams are only half filled.

I'm just getting old and tired I guess.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:55:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We've been doing this for years. Guys know the drill. I sent invites out over a month ago and the teams are only half filled.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I'm busy with summer living and in Fantasy Baseball mode right now...this shit is like a part-time job.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah I guess let's see what happens come August.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:12:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Gobblin is queer
View Quote

He is, but he is no longer on arfcom. Not sure what happened, but that sucks.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in. I agree with previous poster. I don't even think about FFL until August. (Getting there)
If I didn't join yet, I will do so right now.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:58:20 AM EDT
[#13]
No one has signed up for the 3 round auction draft. I just sent reminders to everyone again.

If there is no one signed up by 8.1.15 I am killing that league and the classic league will go back to a normal snake draft for all rounds. This is getting to be too much damn work.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Never got anything for the 3 round league. FBHO
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:12:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No one has signed up for the 3 round auction draft. I just sent reminders to everyone again.

If there is no one signed up by 8.1.15 I am killing that league and the classic league will go back to a normal snake draft for all rounds. This is getting to be too much damn work.
View Quote

I'm all for killing the first three auction rounds. Never cared much for the hybrid draft. It will reduce your work load and makes sense.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm all for killing the first three auction rounds. Never cared much for the hybrid draft. It will reduce your work load and makes sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok...I'm thinking we kill that as well. It does add to the workload and emails were sent out twice, but only one guy signed up, so lets kill that part and make it a normal snake draft.

If someone misses the auction style then join the keeper league we still have openings!
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Can someone email these 2 winners and ask them to join the league in Yahoo:

heineken_NoBaDjUjU
Chain Gang
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#19]
I am here bitches!

I will pay ASAP.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Sandman, your inbox is full.

IM me your paypal info and i will gift $50 ASAP.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sandman, your inbox is full.

IM me your paypal info and i will gift $50 ASAP.
View Quote

I let my membership lapse yesterday and so they reduced the email you can have. I cleaned it out and am good to go.

Are you in on the Keeper league too?

Don't pay until we are sure there will be a league. We need 2 more owners or we reduce it to a 10 team league.....
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:14:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Listen guys. It is August 4th and very soon we should have the final number of owners, money collected and dates set for the draft, etc. If there is no participation then I am more than willing to let this league die. I do not have time to solicit new owners and chase people. So we need to decide on 10 teams or get 2 more owners. If we run out of time and it comes down to last minute rushing to get this league created and set, I will not do it. Rant over.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Can someone email Chain Gang and see if he is interested? If not we can either go with a 10 team league or open up the 2 spots to new owners.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#25]
I cant be in both leagues,  but I have been with this since the start and NEED to be in 1 of the 2, what is going on with keeper league, are you guys good to go?  I will play in either, but cant do both.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I cant be in both leagues,  but I have been with this since the start and NEED to be in 1 of the 2, what is going on with keeper league, are you guys good to go?  I will play in either, but cant do both.
View Quote

Honestly the keeper looks like it is going to go under. I'm not chasing people and I don't have time to recruit new owners. If someone else wants it I will make them the commish.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#27]

Sandman's Cows
Berserkers
FBHO
Femur Snapper
Handcuff hug
The Mighty Goblins
INFAMOUS
Maverick's Top Guns
Vegas Gamblers
heineken_NoBaDjUjU

1 team have not signed up:

Chain Gang

Ok, so we have 10 teams. If we do not have 12 by August 14th then we go with a 10 team league. If some owners don't like that then they are welcome to take over as commish and try to get 12 owners.

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sandman's Cows
Berserkers
FBHO
Femur Snapper
Handcuff hug
The Mighty Goblins
INFAMOUS
Maverick's Top Guns
Vegas Gamblers
heineken_NoBaDjUjU

1 team have not signed up:

Chain Gang

Ok, so we have 10 teams. If we do not have 12 by August 14th then we go with a 10 team league. If some owners don't like that then they are welcome to take over as commish and try to get 12 owners.

View Quote

sounds good to me. i would rather play with 10 then none

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#29]
FYI Sandman, I do a lot of different types of pools and leagues throughout the year and the guy that runs most of them uses this site to manage all the entry fees - https://www.leaguesafe.com/

Might be worth looking into as it's really easy to send $ and collect winnings.  

Link Posted: 8/9/2015 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm interested in joining if you need a team. I've been an active owner in other leagues for several years. IM me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm interested in joining if you need a team. I've been an active owner in other leagues for several years. IM me.
View Quote

We need a 12th, so you are in as long as we get number 11. If he fails to show, then you are 11 and we need a 12th.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
FYI Sandman, I do a lot of different types of pools and leagues throughout the year and the guy that runs most of them uses this site to manage all the entry fees - https://www.leaguesafe.com/

Might be worth looking into as it's really easy to send $ and collect winnings.  

View Quote

Roger that, I'll check it out. Thanks SMB  
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Main page updated.

IMPORTANT DATE

Draft will be held on:

Date: Sunday September 6, 2015
Time: 9:00 pm
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 8:52:46 PM EDT
[#34]
That's Labor Day Weekend Sunday, any chance we can move it to that Tuesday ?
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
for league Fees, send $50 to me with your team name

paypal is [email protected], you must gift it

or mail it to Aim attn me
Bryan Flannagan
225 American Way
Monroe OH 45050

Sandman's Cows
Berserkers
FBHO
Femur Snapper
Handcuff hug
The Mighty Goblins
INFAMOUS
Maverick's Top Guns
Vegas Gamblers
heineken_NoBaDjUjU
View Quote

N/m I'm going to pass
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 2:18:54 PM EDT
[#37]
50 gifted via paypal.

Wooot!  Lets go!

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That's Labor Day Weekend Sunday, any chance we can move it to that Tuesday ?
View Quote

Yea I did not realize it was labor day weekend. We have the Keeper draft on Tuesday so will need to do it on Wednesday. At least we will have the latest injury reports.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

N/m I'm going to pass
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
for league Fees, send $50 to me with your team name

paypal is [email protected], you must gift it

or mail it to Aim attn me
Bryan Flannagan
225 American Way
Monroe OH 45050

Sandman's Cows
Berserkers
FBHO
Femur Snapper
Handcuff hug
The Mighty Goblins
INFAMOUS
Maverick's Top Guns
Vegas Gamblers
heineken_NoBaDjUjU

N/m I'm going to pass

Considering this guy dropping out lets just go with 10 teams this year.

Agreed?

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 4:35:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 5:05:58 PM EDT
[#42]
New draft date!!!!

Date: Wednesday September 9, 2015

Time: 8:30 pm
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:53:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Paid
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Reminder: this year there will not be a 3 round auction. We are moving the draft to a standard snake draft for all rounds.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:59:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
i got a paypal payment for somebody but with no team name, don't know which league
View Quote

That was mine classic league. FBHO
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top