Page / 5
Posted: 6/24/2014 7:53:21 PM EDT
ARFcom Fantasy Football 2014 - CLASSIC LEAGUE

Important Dates (clear your calendars):

$50 3-round Auction Date: Sunday August 24, 2014

Time: 9:30 pm

Live Draft Date: Monday August 25, 2014

Time: 9:00 pm

After the "live" auction, I will go to the regular league and set your auction picks as keepers for your first three picks in the snake draft. This will eliminate any potential problems with someone missing the snake draft. It will also save us some time on Monday night, effectively shortening the draft by three rounds.

The Yahoo! server WILL AUTODRAFT FOR YOU if you miss the auction so set your players rankings in the event autodraft is an option you must consider.

Below is the order of how the league finished last year. In terms of this years draft you want to be in the 12th position as they get the first pick and it works back towards the top with position 1 picking last.

1. The Mighty Goblins (Wobblin-Goblin)
2. Femur Snapper (showmeballer) PAID  
3. Chain Gang (eracer) - PAID
4. Sandman's Cows (Sandman67)- PAID
5. Vegas Gamblers (form: Double Dingleberries) cpbiscoe PAID  
6. Berserkers (tctlrld) - PAID
7. FBHO (form: Nobamas) bespride PAID  
8. Infamous (Bryan_Aim) PAID
9. Maverick's Top Guns (Maverick91) PAID
10. Heineken (Heineken) PAID
11. LarnMaster (LarnMaster) - PAID
12. Handcuff Hug (form: Boston Tebow Party) calsapher. PAID

REMEMBER that the 12 spot is the most favorable spot for our draft - the higher your number, the better your pick.

Entry Fee = $50. Sandman67 is the league treasurer. IM him for PayPal/postal address if you need it. For PayPal, send $51.81 (that's $50 after the 3.5% PayPal fee).

Prizes: $50 to 3rd Place, $100 to 2nd Place and the remainder (after any MO fees, etc) to the league winner.

League settings can be viewed at the league page (see link above).

Roster:
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/RB, K, D/ST, BN x6 (15 player roster)
Draft:
$50 auction for rounds 1-3, "regular" snake draft for following rounds. We will use the Yahoo! default draft rankings for the auction.

Auction procedure:
We'll be using the Yahoo! auction draft software. If you're not in the keeper league or have never participated in A Yahoo! live auction, I would encourage you to at least try a mock auction draft at least once. The Yahoo! server WILL AUTODRAFT FOR YOU if you miss the auction.

Plan on the whole process taking several hours.

After the auction:
You WILL go to your Yahoo! team page and edit your pre-draft rankings so that the three players you won in the auction are your top three. This way, if you are late for or miss the live draft your team will still get the three players you bought in the auction. Do not screw this up.

Rules change from 2011:
Consolation bracket results no longer apply to draft position for the following season. For non-championship bracket playoff teams, the final regular season standings will determine draft order for the following season.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Here's the deal - Tom made a new league that has a 3-man roster. 3 x QB/RB/WR/TE. No bench positions. And no, you can't buy a defense or kicker in the auction.

Scoring is the same as the regular league. No moves are allowed. You can't drop, add, trade or bench anyone. In short, your auction picks will compete against the other auction picks all season long. You won't have to spend any time managing this extra "team" and I could even delete the league after the draft. I think it'd be fun to let our auction picks duke it out all season long so we can see who really "won" the auction.

After the auction, I will go to the regular league and set your auction picks as keepers for your first three picks in the snake draft. This will eliminate any potential problems with someone missing the snake draft. It will also save us some time on Monday night, effectively shortening the draft by three rounds.

The Yahoo! server WILL AUTODRAFT FOR YOU if you miss the auction.

This contest is in no way sanctioned or otherwise supported by AR15.com, and all participants take part at their own risk.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#2]
We need 2 new owners for this league. Anyone interested should post here. Team members will receive priority.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Nevah got an invite.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 7:52:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nevah got an invite.
View Quote

Yes you did, twice.

IM me your email and I can match it up to ensure it is the same one.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#6]
lawle102 just informed me he will also be dropping out of this league. That makes 2 owners gone for this year.

We need to fill these spots or drop this to a 10 man league. I like the idea of 10 man for a year. Why not try it?
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes you did, twice.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nevah got an invite.

Yes you did, twice.

The only invites I got were for the keeper league and the 3roundauction "league."
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The only invites I got were for the keeper league and the 3roundauction "league."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nevah got an invite.

Yes you did, twice.

I just looked and it said you were invited twice. I just sent another.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Count me in again guys.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Important Info here: Please read and comment!
So are we good with 10 teams this year or should we try to find 2 new owners?

I like the 10 team idea. Opens up more talent for the pool.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 4:22:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
i like men.
View Quote

Not sure what he's talking about, but a 10 team league is ok with me. 12 is better, though.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not sure what he's talking about, but a 10 team league is ok with me. 12 is better, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i like men.

Then start recruiting. I posted in here over a week ago and not one chirp.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm ok with 10 teams, especially since only four teams make the playoffs.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 8:25:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Those owners ok with 10 teams this year are:

Sand is the man
Maverick
Gobblinpenis
showmepenis
BryanMyAim'snotsogood
Larnmaster
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 8:48:56 AM EDT
[#16]
IMPORTANT NEWS: PLEASE READ THIS....

Draft dates and times have been set.

Important Dates (clear your calendars):  

$50 3-round Auction Date: Sunday August 24, 2014

Time: 9:30 pm

Live Draft Date: Monday August 25, 2014

Time: 9:00 pm

Are there any west coast guys here? If not we can move the time up to 8pm EST?

Also.....let's agree to set the deadline for adding new owners to August 8th. If we do not have 2 new owners by then the league will move to a 10 owner league for this year. I need a few weeks to set up everything so we need a drop dead date.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry, I didn't realize a new thread had been started.  I looked back through my emails and the invitations got pushed into the "promotions" tab and I didn't see them.  I'm in, I 'm fine with it being a 10 team league if necessary.  I potentially may have issues with the draft days because we have a 2 week trial that is starting that Monday and I imagine there will be some late nights around there.  I imagine I would be done by then, but I wouldn't want the time to be moved up, if we can avoid it.  Sorry about that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Roger that -we won't move the time up.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#19]
If you need another let me know. I'm handsome, punctual, and I haven't vomited since 2002.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If you need another let me know. I'm handsome, punctual, and I haven't vomited since 2002.
View Quote

It's alright with me. I like the team member status, early join date and low post count  

That would push us back up to 11 and I have a potential 12th. So we are back to a 12 owner league.

Just commit to joining calsapher and I'll IM you payment info.

Before you commit we have one issue that really bugs us....please understand failure to adjust your lineup (as in leaving a player on bye in your lineup) is grounds for dismissal. This applies even if you are out of the playoff run. Play each game to win, no matter what.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:55:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I am fine with getting my players in I'm pretty meticulous about it.  I do have a couple of questions regarding the $50 dollar auction: 1. Do I need an extra 50 on top of my entry fee ? Nevermind the second question I will do a mock and figure it out.  

Side note what is your cursing policy ?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#22]
I am fine with getting my players in I'm pretty meticulous about it.  I do have a couple of questions regarding the $50 dollar auction: 1. Do I need an extra 50 on top of my entry fee ?  And what is your cursing policy ?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
we love cursing, but to even be accepted you must send naked pics of yourself to wobblin-goblin, its part of the application process
View Quote

Is he looking for dirty or artsy ? i'm good with either
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:20:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I am a bush man so I hope he is not looking for well manscaped
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Alright I just did the Auction thing.  I am in. Will I need to pay immediately or is there a deadline?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I am fine with getting my players in I'm pretty meticulous about it.  I do have a couple of questions regarding the $50 dollar auction: 1. Do I need an extra 50 on top of my entry fee ?  And what is your cursing policy ?
View Quote

Only one payment of 50.00. The 3 prizes are then awarded from that pool.

I won't have you pay until I get the 12 man confirmed.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Still looking for one more player/owner. I have a couple of potentials, but if anyone knows someone to fill the 12th spot....
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 11:13:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Do you activate players if there's a zombie owner in the league?  We had a problem with that last year and our LM agreed to nip this in the bud sooner this year.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Do you activate players if there's a zombie owner in the league?  We had a problem with that last year and our LM agreed to nip this in the bud sooner this year.
View Quote

If an owner misses setting their players for a single week, there is a vote to ban them and the commish takes over the team. At that point commish sets the lineup per Yahoo's highest predicted points per player each week. In other words the best player is inserted for that position per Yahoo's ranking.

We have had to kick one owner is 7 years.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#32]
I have commitment for a 12th owner. So if Bespride is in, we are good to go and back to a 12 man league.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#33]
OK I'm in.
Time to cleanup in both my leagues
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 7:37:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
OK I'm in.
Time to cleanup in both my leagues
View Quote

welcome....I'll IM you payment info
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 7:53:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Interested if a spot opens up.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

We have a verbal commit from the 12th owner, however should they back out, it is yours. I'll IM you either way.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 12:39:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

We have a verbal commit from the 12th owner, however should they back out, it is yours. I'll IM you either way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He can have my spot.  I hate to do it, but I think I have too much going on this year around draft time to stay in both leagues.  I don't want to leave the keeper league for a year, so this is the one that has to go.  I didn't want to leave if there was not another owner that can keep it a 12 team league, but it sounds like there is interest.  If there are any openings for next year, I should be back.  Best of luck to everyone.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He can have my spot.  I hate to do it, but I think I have too much going on this year around draft time to stay in both leagues.  I don't want to leave the keeper league for a year, so this is the one that has to go.  I didn't want to leave if there was not another owner that can keep it a 12 team league, but it sounds like there is interest.  If there are any openings for next year, I should be back.  Best of luck to everyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're an original owner. You CAN'T leave!!!!   +

Actually bespride is next in line for your spot.

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

FBHO.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Alright I just did the Auction thing.  I am in. Will I need to pay immediately or is there a deadline?
View Quote

We are confirmed 12 owners, so I will need payment ASAP.

Please check your IM.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 1:49:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Update on new owners:

1. LarnMaster (LarnMaster) - PAID
2. The Mighty Goblins (Wobblin-Goblin)
3. Heineken (Heineken) PAID
4. Femur Snapper (showmeballer) PAID  
5. Infamous (Bryan_Aim) PAID  
6. Nobamas (civprod) team taken over by bespride PAID
7. Boston Tebow Party (Lawle102's) team taken over by calsapher. PAID
8. Double Dingleberries (PistolPutz) team taken over by cpbiscoe PAID
9. Chain Gang (eracer) - PAID
10. Sandman's Cows (Sandman67)- PAID
11. Berserkers (tctlrld) - PAID
12. Maverick's Top Guns (Maverick91) PAID

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 6:09:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Sorry guys.  I'm definitely in.

I joined the Yahoo league when I got the first invite, then ignored everything until I got the IM.

Money is on the way when I get Sandman's PP account info. (I thought I'd paid it right away, but alas... I had not.

I don't know if I want another year like last year, where I kicked everyone's collective asses during the regular season, and got destroyed in the first playoff game.  That was pretty painful.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sorry guys.  I'm definitely in.

I joined the Yahoo league when I got the first invite, then ignored everything until I got the IM.

Money is on the way when I get Sandman's PP account info. (I thought I'd paid it right away, but alas... I had not.

I don't know if I want another year like last year, where I kicked everyone's collective asses during the regular season, and got destroyed in the first playoff game.  That was pretty painful.
View Quote

You have not joined the league. I need you to do that ASAP.

Oh and You were still in the money, stop yer bitching!  
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:44:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Important Updates:

We have two teams with issues:

-eracer has paid but needs to join the league

-calsapher needs to pay and join the league

There are also several owners who need to pay the entry fee.

Once I receive all money and all owners have joined the league then I will take care of the invites for the 3 round auction league. I am not wasting my time until we get this house in order first.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Sandy, send me payment details please.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#46]
That list I am number 3, that has got to be the year before last right?  The lower down the list the better the pick, i sucked last year, i should be way down the list
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That list I am number 3, that has got to be the year before last right?  The lower down the list the better the pick, i sucked last year, i should be way down the list
View Quote

I'll adjust the list after everyone is in.

Where's the annual wife update pic????
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Ill let her know.

The boy is 16 months now, it was a crazy past year.  Wife just got her first teaching job, time to start paying back the loans :)  When I win this year all the funds will go on the loans
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Ill let her know.

The boy is 16 months now, it was a crazy past year.  Wife just got her first teaching job, time to start paying back the loans :)  When I win this year all the funds will go on the loans
View Quote

Log out and back in     It's just not the same without seeing the beer.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Am I in the Yahoo league yet?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top