BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:02:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No shit.  I'd bet money he goes undefeated.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn, your team is stacked Pistol.

208 points right now.

Meh...  Steve Smith was kind of disappointing today.  He has really taken a nose dive.

If you PM me your address I'll send you the first place prize tomorrow

Question I have is how the hell did we allow one owner to get both Peyton, Graham and Lynch????  

No shit.  I'd bet money he goes undefeated.

Peyton Manning will be on my team until he retires.... And he is worth every penny..  I bought him for $18 when he came off his injury season.  He will only be $33 next year which is still a bargain.  

I doubt very seriously that I will go undefeated.  I think I play Tom's team next week, and he has had some nice wins with good scores lately.  I also have 3 players on a bye next week, and my bench has been under-performing.

If I get through next week then maybe there is a chance, I would be surprised if I did though.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 2:04:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I will start the wrong QB and lose by single digits.

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 11:12:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 4:50:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quick question because I obviously don't understand the rules as usual.

How did I not clinch a first round bye this week?  The worst I can finish before the playoffs is 10-3 now which means only Maverick can catch me.  

It shows that Maverick, and I clinched playoff spots.  However, I thought it also showed clinched byes last year as well?
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:37:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

How did I not clinch a first round bye this week?  The worst I can finish before the playoffs is 10-3 now which means only Maverick can catch me.  

It shows that Maverick, and I clinched playoff spots.  However, I thought it also showed clinched byes last year as well?
View Quote

It's Yahoo!.  Lower your expectations.

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Greg Olsen just overcame Maclin + about a ten point lead. I win by one point!
Maverick's Top Guns stays undefeated in close games this season at 2-0.
View Quote

CLUTCH.

That point difference

Pistol's team is just ridiculous.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This -and STOP yer bitching. You made the playoffs.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not like my team can't have a bad week in the playoffs.....  I WANT that bye.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's not like my team can't have a bad week in the playoffs.....  I WANT that bye.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, your crap week is coming.  You'd best hope it's against me this week or sometime shortly thereafter - because the odds against you going wire-to-wire without a single turd have got to be very low.

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oh, your crap week is coming.  You'd best hope it's against me this week or sometime shortly thereafter - because the odds against you going wire-to-wire without a single turd have got to be very low.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no illusions or going undefeated.  Of course, I would like to, but I would much rather my starters stay healthy.  

The worst week I have had was when my team scored 111 points.  Which is quite a bit below my normal projections.  Shit happens though.. Especially in the playoffs.  Usually, teams that make the playoffs have the potential to have a great scoring week at any given time.   I don't expect to win just because I have the best team.   I will think my team is the best even if I don't win this season.  

I would really like to win though...
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:26:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Wobblin had a team much like yours many years ago. My team sucked and barely made the dance. Playoffs came around and I beat his ass in the first round and won the whole thing. He never got over it to this day.

It would be nice to repeat history again  

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wobblin had a team much like yours many years ago. My team sucked and barely made the dance. Playoffs came around and I beat his ass in the first round and won the whole thing. He never got over it to this day.
View Quote

Meh.

Nothing like averaging 140pts (no PPR, either, as it was the Classic League) a week only to lay a turd in week 15 with 90pts and lose to a team made up of the deaf, dumb, and blind.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Meh.

Nothing like averaging 140pts (no PPR, either, as it was the Classic League) a week only to lay a turd in week 15 with 90pts and lose to a team made up of the deaf, dumb, and blind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh.

Sounds like another typical Sandman fantasy team.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Trust me... I am not overly confident.   I don't like the match ups some of my good players have during the playoffs.  Anything can happen.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Meh.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh.

as I said, still hasn't gotten over it  
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh.

This scenario could easily happen to you as well as pistol, so keep talking  
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

Hate to quote myself but as of this moment Yahoo! has me projected to win by just under 2 points.

But wait!  Starting QB Russell Wilson was outscored by bench QB Jay Cutler by just over 5 points.

Fingers crossed that I did not foretell my own demise so accurately.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Hate to quote myself but as of this moment Yahoo! has me projected to win by just under 2 points.

But wait!  Starting QB Russell Wilson was outscored by bench QB Jay Cutler by just over 5 points.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard Antonio Brown stubbed his toe and isn't playing tomorrow.  You probably should go ahead and pull him... They are trying to keep it quiet.

Neither one of our teams are exactly setting the field on fire this week... Really surprised the Broncos stunk it up that bad against the Rams.  Also doesn't help my playoff hopes if Thomas and Sanders are hurt.

ETA:  Well, I think you got me Tom.    This week was definitely was a shitfest so I hope I don't have another one.    
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:58:39 AM EDT
[#19]
If i win, it won't be due to my amazing sit/start decision making. I left a lot of points on my bench.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:20:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If i win, it won't be due to my amazing sit/start decision making. I left a lot of points on my bench.
View Quote

Bell almost ran you down there in end.   Good win though... The turd my team left on the field was just a little bigger than yours.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:33:50 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Bell almost ran you down there in end.   Good win though... The turd my team left on the field was just a little bigger than yours.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

w00t!

I'll take it!
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow, has the trade deadline already passed?  From what I see in the settings it was November 14th.   That seems early compared to a lot of other leagues.  Most of what I have seen is this week or next week.

No big deal or anything.  I was just surprised the standard end date for Yahoo is that early.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Wow, has the trade deadline already passed?  From what I see in the settings it was November 14th.   That seems early compared to a lot of other leagues.  Most of what I have seen is this week or next week.

No big deal or anything.  I was just surprised the standard end date for Yahoo is that early.
View Quote

I say your message late and figured I'd reply in the morning.  Then I realized the trade deadline was past.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:53:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I say your message late and figured I'd reply in the morning.  Then I realized the trade deadline was past.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I assumed there was a little more time before I sent the message.  I should have checked first, but I assumed there was at least a few more days.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:33:57 AM EDT
[#25]
We use the standard default deadline date set by Yahoo.

Yahoo also posts messages in the league homepage and sends an email to all owners multiple times.

Basically what I'm trying to say is you guys are both idiots  
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yahoo also posts messages in the league homepage and sends an email to all owners multiple times.

View Quote

Like I said, not a big deal. I might have regretted the trade anyway.  

Completely missed it on the homepage... I will admit that.  However, emails from the league hardly ever come through for me.  I don't have any about the draft deadline.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Completely missed it on the homepage... I will admit that.  However, emails from the league hardly ever come through for me.  I don't have any about the draft deadline.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what was the trade? Let the rest of us decide if it was a regret or not  
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He said my RBs suck (true) and that he'd trade Marshawn Lynch for Antonio Brown.  Said he couldn't give up Le'Veon Bell due to his sub-$20 keeper value.

The thing is - Antonio Brown has an equally low keeper value (he'll be $20 next year) and he's the only bright spot on my entire roster.

I might consider Bell for Brown, but with PPR scoring and keeper values in mind - even that would be a close call.

ETA - please note the Titans DST pickup by the league leader.  If that's not an "I'm getting ready for a title run." move, I don't know what is.

Titans face the Jets and the Jaguars in weeks 15/16.

Well played, sir.

I did the same thing in my dynasty league where I'm 10-1 and have outscored the entire league by over 300 points.  I have a shot at doubling up the season point total of the last place team.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:34:26 PM EDT
[#29]
I was considering that trade, yes.  I wasn't 100% sold on it myself, but I thought I would bounce it off of you not realizing the deadline had already passed.  

I didn't remember what Brown's cost was this year.  If the roles were reversed I wouldn't trade Brown for Lynch either knowing what the cost is.   It would be extremely difficult for me to let go of Bell.   He is my most consistent player even though he doesn't score many TD's.  If he got into the end zone more he would be amazing.  

As far as the playoffs go well, I am just trying to give myself a decent chance.  I lost last week.  I am not going to be favored this week...  Anything can happen.  I am willing to do a little sticking and stabbing if I need to do so to win...  
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Interesting trade, personally I would have kept Brown for next year and built around him. But the trade had its merits.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Damn it!

Stupid QB sit/start decisions are going to ruin me.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#32]
The race for the last couple of playoff spots should be good.   Temporary Holder's steam is dangerous and getting hot at the right time.  If he makes the playoffs I wouldn't be surprised if he won the whole thing.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Yeah the injury bug is hitting me at the wrong time...my team is not the same as it was earlier this year. Not to mention Rivers' mediocre play. I'll be extremely lucky to get back my bye position from GhostFly after this week.

I can only hope Foster, Fred Jackson, and Lamar Miller are healthy in two weeks so I have my top squad out there.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:31:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yeah the injury bug is hitting me at the wrong time...my team is not the same as it was earlier this year. Not to mention Rivers' mediocre play. I'll be extremely lucky to get back my bye position from GhostFly after this week.

I can only hope Foster, Fred Jackson, and Lamar Miller are healthy in two weeks so I have my top squad out there.
View Quote

I would put Steve Smith into your lineup next week.  I dropped him so he is going to continue to go off.   He has had single digit games in his last four.  The first game I don't have him he goes off again... lol
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:38:53 AM EDT
[#35]
I scored 182 points and lost....  

Good game Temporary Holder... Please lose next week.. lol.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The race for the last couple of playoff spots should be good.   Temporary Holder's steam is dangerous and getting hot at the right time.  If he makes the playoffs I wouldn't be surprised if he won the whole thing.
View Quote

Yeah, it's win or go home for my team.  6-6 but 3 of the 5 teams at 5-7 have higher point totals than me.

And I'm a 20 point dog.

Fingers crossed!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:25:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yeah, it's win or go home for my team.  6-6 but 3 of the 5 teams at 5-7 have higher point totals than me.

And I'm a 20 point dog.

Fingers crossed!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I'm a 20 point dog.

Fingers crossed!

I was in that same situation last year... Of course I lost.  

Finished 7th.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:39:51 AM EDT
[#38]
And again I start the wrong QB.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
And again I start the wrong QB.

View Quote

Join the club Tom, I'm the president  
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Every single player on my bench outscored a starter on my team.

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:25:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Every single player on my bench outscored a starter on my team.

View Quote

I feel for you man.  That Hopkins score has got to sting.  I was in the exact same position last year and didn't make the right calls.   Sucks to go out that way.  

I'm glad I have a bye because I think my stay in the playoffs could be short with the flukey scores some of my players are getting.  Hard to have confidence when Jimmy Graham doesn't even get a target against a scrambling defense.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Man, the playoff picture is crazy in this league! Several teams will be missing out on the playoffs just due to point differential which is pretty crazy.

I really really hope Lamar Miller goes off tonight so I get the first-round bye. If I lose I'd probably play Larnmaster's team in the first round of the playoffs and his team is hot right now.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Good season, people.

After my dreadful draft, to even be in the running for a playoff spot was a pleasant surprise - or maybe a disappointment in the competency of the rest of you.

I'll be back, like it or not.

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 2:45:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Good season, people.

After my dreadful draft, to even be in the running for a playoff spot was a pleasant surprise - or maybe a disappointment in the competency of the rest of you.

I'll be back, like it or not.

View Quote

Don't go too far, we have some shit to vote on after the season.

On a high note, stinky beer boy will be joining this league too.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#45]
I vote straight ticket no.

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I vote straight ticket no.

View Quote

Oh damn...well ok. The vote was to give you your entry fee back and it was tied.

Sorry  
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#47]
I'd like to recommend a new prize schedule for 2015:

1st place - $50

2nd place - $50

3rd place - $50

4th place - $50

5th place - $50

6th place - $50

7th place - $50

8th place - $50

9th place - $50

10th place - $50

11th place - $50

12th place - $50
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#48]
1 point lead going into tonight's game (thanks Rivers you ahole). I have Jordy Nelson, LarnMaster has Julio Jones. Yahoo has me projected to win by .04 points.

Doesn't get much closer than that.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#49]
In other news my team sucks. Film at 11.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:49:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Once again, doomed by poor sit/start decisions.  At least I started the right QB this time.

I don't even want to know who many of my losses would have been wins if I had only made the correct sit/start choices.

In other news, I made it to the championship game in my dynasty league as the #1 seed in the playoffs.  I'll face off against the #6 seed, so I'm fairly optimistic about it.

Dingleberries & Dolphins - great season!  Best of luck to both of you in the title game.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top