User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I swear to you its never been that way, even guys who got cut for performance reasons kept they draft value
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That would not make sense. How long then do you carry over the draft price? How many years? I'll look for the original rules but if the player was dropped their value reset.

I swear to you its never been that way, even guys who got cut for performance reasons kept they draft value

I'm with Bryan until I see documented proof otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:45:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Stop yer bitching. I literally had to re-do the damn thing 3 times already today and looks like I will be changing it again  

Ok, so I bumped the 2012 thread and you guys are correct. The value stays the same and 5.00 is added the following year.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

i still love you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop yer bitching. I literally had to re-do the damn thing 3 times already today and looks like I will be changing it again  

Ok, so I bumped the 2012 thread and you guys are correct. The value stays the same and 5.00 is added the following year.

i still love you

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

i still love you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i still love you

I knew it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine look correct.   Manning for $28 and Bell for $13,

Montee Ball's keeper price should be $25 I think.   I thought I paid $20 for him in the auction last year.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll double check the auction values one more time later today. They should all be correct now.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine look good.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok, so I found the last issue, thanks to whoever pointed it out.

Montee Ball is 25.00 as a keeper, not 5.00
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:12:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought I was in good shape with my keepers.... And then I looked at who everyone else kept.     Some of you have some really good players for good prices.  I don't feel so good now.  

And of course the damn season is still weeks away and I am already having friggin RB trouble.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:21:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I thought I was in good shape with my keepers.... And then I looked at who everyone else kept.     Some of you have some really good players for good prices.  I don't feel so good now.  

And of course the damn season is still weeks away and I am already having friggin RB trouble.
View Quote

Other than about 4 or 5 lucky guys, I expect most of the rest of us will too  

a very odd year for RB's
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#14]
$16 for two keepers.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:43:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
$16 for two keepers.
View Quote

5.00 for Andre Ellington. Beat that bitch!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Indeed it does. If you drop a player, that players value resets to 5.00 as a waiver wire pickup.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I noticed Julio Jones is listed at $5, but he went for $42 last year so shouldn't he be $47 this year?  The draft price doesn't go away just because the player gets hurt and dropped or does it?

Indeed it does. If you drop a player, that players value resets to 5.00 as a waiver wire pickup.

IMO this is absolutely false.

Auction values hold year over year regardless of FA status at any point in time.

You draft a high dollar guy, he gets hurt, you drop him because he was too expensive to keep, another GM picks him up at the end of the season and can keep for $5?  No.

ETA - sorry for the prolonged absence guys.  I got a new job and don't spend all day in front of a computer any more.  While this is great for my real life it's not so great for my fantasy football life - here or elsewhere.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Auction values hold year over year regardless of FA status at any point in time.

You draft a high dollar guy, he gets hurt, you drop him because he was too expensive to keep, another GM picks him up at the end of the season and can keep for $5?  No.

ETA - sorry for the prolonged absence guys.  I got a new job and don't spend all day in front of a computer any more.  While this is great for my real life it's not so great for my fantasy football life - here or elsewhere.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I noticed Julio Jones is listed at $5, but he went for $42 last year so shouldn't he be $47 this year?  The draft price doesn't go away just because the player gets hurt and dropped or does it?

uh....we ironed this out a couple of months ago, did you at least bring a gift?

Congrats on the new job!

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:42:08 PM EDT
[#18]
OK, how do we know that everyone's keepers cost the correct amount? I don't want any of you bitches getting a free ride.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:58:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
OK, how do we know that everyone's keepers cost the correct amount? I don't want any of you bitches getting a free ride.
View Quote

The problem was an easy one to correct. Initially I was only looking at the draft results. If the player being declared a keeper for this coming season was not listed on last years draft, then I incorrectly assumed that player was grabbed off waivers and was 5.00 After an owner pointed out my mistake, I then had to search each owners draft to see if the player being kept this year was drafted last and what his price was. I added 5.00 to that and they are now all correct. It was only 3 players that were affected. And I have rechecked it 4 times. It's right -I stake my reputation on it
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Yahoo! is starting to piss me off.  I cannot get their draft app to load no matter what I do.  When I test my stem for compatibility, I get a big thumbs up in seconds.  When I try to launch a mock draft I get nothing.  It just sits there forever telling me that the draft is loading.

I have: disabled pop-up blocking, disabled AdBlock Plus, cleared my cache, tried using IE instead of Firefox.  Uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Flash.  Restarted my PC.  And still, I get nothing.  I can get into a mock draft on ESPN, CBS, NFL.com and at least one other site to remain anonymous without issue.

ETA - apparently it's not just me.  Yahoo! is just down tonight.  The folks who were scheduled for their live drafts are not impressed.

https://www.facebook.com/192236977453310/posts/843048222372179

Additionally, there's some poor bastard that is really pissed about his account and does not give a shit about fantasy football.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Been a lot of that recently. Let's hope ours go off without a hitch.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:33:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Keep drinking, I'll be right over.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Good luck tonight!
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Is anybody in the draft yet?  I kind of expected it to open up 0:30 before 6pm PDT.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is anybody in the draft yet?  I kind of expected it to open up 0:30 before 6pm PDT.
View Quote

nope and I am seriously worried they are having issues again    
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#27]
it just loaded
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#28]
I just joined.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Some owners are joining then leaving, I wonder if Yahoo! is still messed up.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:40:40 PM EDT
[#30]
I like my team.

QB1 Matt Ryan

RB1 Giovanni Bernard
RB2 Doug Martin
RB3 Chris Johnson
RB4 Stevan Ridley
RB5 DeAngelo Williams

WR1 Alshon Jeffery
WR2 Randall Cobb
WR3 Keenan Allen
WR4 Danny Amendola

TE Charles Clay

DST New England

K Robbie Gould

Overview: Top 5 QB with exceptional targets to throw to. Deep stable of RBs, with a few that are unquestioned starters on their respective teams. WRs 1,2, and 3 are as talented as any group on any FF roster. New England's D should be much improved this year, and Robbie Gould is on a juggernaut of an offense.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:58:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Besides blowing my wad early and not being able to count..... I think I did ok.  

Where did you find that draft overview on your team?  I looked on the league page and missed it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:30:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Where did you find that draft overview on your team?  I looked on the league page and missed it.
View Quote

Yahoo! has you projected to win the league.

And me to go 1-12.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:36:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

And me to go 1-12.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And me to go 1-12.

No way.. Where are you seeing that?  I thought the projections had me finishing third (which is still surprising).   I thought Ghostfly had the best draft according to yahoo.

ETA:  And the crazy thing is that I spent $1.00 on 9 of my players.    And I wonder why I never win these things..
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#34]
how did Charles get to 80.00? I looked down to review my cheat sheets and the next thing I knew he was sold at 80.00!!!

Did larnmaster just bid that high or was he in a bidding war with another owner?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
No way.. Where are you seeing that?  I thought the projections had me finishing third (which is still surprising).   I thought Ghostfly had the best draft according to yahoo.

ETA:  And the crazy thing is that I spent $1.00 on 9 of my players.    And I wonder why I never win these things..
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And me to go 1-12.

You are correct, I was confused.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wrote it.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I wrote it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wrote it.

lmao...  Well it looks good.

Heres mine-

Overview:  The Dingleberries have the most awesomest players ever.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#39]
You should. Waiver locks for a day and then you should be able to pick up prior to game lock.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Commish,

I didn't get to draft a kicker last night, so after the draft i dropped a player and picked up a kicker, now it says that won't happen till the 5th because of the waiver wire, will i still get to play my kicker as long as he doesn't play tomorrow night?
View Quote

You might cancel that move and wait until waivers clear so as to not lose your waiver position.

Or does waiver order reset each week in this league?

In either case, don't say I never did anything for you.

Thank me later.  With ammo.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 5:04:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You might cancel that move and wait until waivers clear so as to not lose your waiver position.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Commish,
I didn't get to draft a kicker last night, so after the draft i dropped a player and picked up a kicker, now it says that won't happen till the 5th because of the waiver wire, will i still get to play my kicker as long as he doesn't play tomorrow night?

I hope it doesn't reset.  I don't think it has in the past.  I have been last in the waivers for the last two years.    I don't want to lose my waiver spot on Friday after one game.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 5:08:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Commish,
View Quote

I agree with Tom.  If you have a good waiver spot I wouldn't pick a kicker up off of waivers.  The waivers will go through early in the morning on Friday so you will have plenty of time to pick one up for a Sunday game.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:14:27 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm really glad this league has six teams making the playoffs as my team looks fucking terrible, I'm never drafting sober again.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Commish,
View Quote

I'm in the same boat and it looks like it went through today. Let me know if it didn't.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I agree with Tom.  If you have a good waiver spot I wouldn't pick a kicker up off of waivers.  The waivers will go through early in the morning on Friday so you will have plenty of time to pick one up for a Sunday game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Commish,

exactly....see this --->    

that's me kicking myself in the ass for wasting a waiver position!!!  
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#46]
My crappy team is having a decent week, go figure.

I hate playing Goblin in this league - I've got Cobb on my dynasty league team and he's had him in this league forever - and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I am lucky enough to have Antonio Brown in both leagues, thank goodness (also Ertz & Golden Tate, FWIW).
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I hate playing Goblin in this league - I've got Cobb on my dynasty league team and he's had him in this league forever - and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I am lucky enough to have Antonio Brown in both leagues, thank goodness (also Ertz & Golden Tate, FWIW).
View Quote

Yeah, your budget team looks pretty good.  If another one of your RB's starts to play well you do a lot better than 1-12.  lol

The real question is.....  Why do our Chiefs suck so bad?    Other than their offseason moves were questionable at best.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was targeting Ertz but he went before I was ready. Was suppose to be a value TE!

He should do very well for you. What did you pay for him?
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Except for Cobb and Ryan, my team laid a fucking goose-egg today.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:21:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Yeah, but Ryan laid a golden egg.

ETA: ESPN is down, both mobile and web
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top