Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Great year guys.  Need some help this week.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:06:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Great start...  

I honestly think it is going to be a coin flip.  Both teams are capable of scoring, or not scoring, a lot of points.  

Although, I will say that if a team wins the title being piloted by Mark Sanchez I am afraid the world will divide by zero and we will all die.  

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great start...  

I honestly think it is going to be a coin flip.  Both teams are capable of scoring, or not scoring, a lot of points.  

Although, I will say that if a team wins the title being piloted by Mark Sanchez I am afraid the world will divide by zero and we will all die.  

View Quote

Indeed...this should be one of the fun finishes that we have ever had. Looking forward to it. Good luck to both!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Great start...  

View Quote

I may not win, but I cant blame a loss on Sanchez. He had a nice game yesterday.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I may not win, but I cant blame a loss on Sanchez. He had a nice game yesterday.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great start...  

I have no idea how it is going. I am stuck at work on a Sunday.  I honestly thought you would win though.   I noticed the match ups I had this week when I clinched my playoff spot.  I thought I would be fine until this week.   That was before some of the minor injuries my players got.  I thought I would need to get really lucky.  

Oh well, there are worse things than doubling my money this year.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I think this one is going to go down to the wire.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:25:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#8]
lol... I'm not even going to score 100 points.  

I would be pissed if I wasn't expecting it.  However, like I said, I knew a few weeks ago this week was more than likely going to suck.  

Of course I would rather win, but I will happily take the 100 bucks.  I put a good team together this year.  Not much I could do.  I would be surprised if sitting Smith will make a difference.  

I scored 142 points last week with a 0 on the board.  Match ups are OP.   Ghostfly has a good team....  Other than Mark Sanchez..   Really?  Mark Sanchez?     That's the only thing that pisses me off.  Fucking Mark Sanchez.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:36:53 AM EDT
[#9]
How in the hell did Marshawn Lynch score 2 TD's in 5 minutes?  

That will make Torrey Smith sting a little, but I can blame that one on my wife.  She said go with the experts who favored Washington this week in PPR.  Still a dumb move though.  

ETA:  I am just going to get drunk tomorrow night.  To have no confidence in Peyton Manning is a horrible thing.  I still think Ghostly has it.

Pro tip:  Do the opposite of whatever your wife recommends.. Even if she is pretty good at drafting teams.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#10]
You are looking good.  Just need 20 from Manning.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#11]
What a freaking run!! He's almost as good as DeMarco Murray.

Yeah, the final is going to be a close finish. I think PistolPutz will end up getting the win, though. Cincy is absolutely horrible on primetime. I'd like to think Peyton can get at least 20.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Guys, when the dust settles please post where you finished -only the money winners of course. Let me know how you want the funds...I can do Paypal right away, if you want a check or gift card I can do that as well but with Christmas it will probably run into next week. Sorry just being straight up with you. We have family coming and I will be swamped starting tonight.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#13]
9th place.

First class mail, personal check is fine.

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:52:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Paypal is fine for second place money.

[email protected]

Thanks....  Congrats Ghostfly.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Payout post:

1. Ghostfly: 450 sent via Paypal.
2. Deadly Dingleberries: 100 sent via Paypal.
3. Larnmaster: will hand him check during holidays
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 8:53:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Not sure what happened. Went to bed one point up and lots of time left for Payton.

Great year and congrats to Deadly and Larnmaster.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not sure what happened. Went to bed one point up and lots of time left for Payton.

View Quote

He scored enough but threw 4 interceptions.  

lol... Obviously I wasn't supposed to win with the sit/start call and Manning throwing just enough interceptions for me to lose.  Oh well.. That's FF.  

If I am being completely honest, making the calls you made on your roster and making the most of what you had available is more impressive than my team that was "supposed" to win.  

There is no denying that you deserve the win.  Congrats.  

I have a third and a second place now... Maybe a first next year?    

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
9th place.

First class mail, personal check is fine.

View Quote

I lol'd.

Congrats, GhostFly! What a way to end the season...I was sweating for both of you guys during that last quarter so I can only imagine how the both of you were feeling haha. Pistol was the top dog throughout the season but GhostFly got hot at the right time. Both will have good teams next season. Though I'm not quite sure what to expect from Peyton...he may be finished.

Great season, guys!
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, I am not sure about Manning either.  Forsett might be interesting if he were a little younger.  I think he benefited more from a really good zone blocking scheme more than just being an extremely underrated RB.  

If it looks like Manning is going downhill I wouldn't be opposed to keeping one of my other studs even at the high price.   Bell will be a 100% lock on my roster for a couple years at least unless something unforeseen happens.  

I will more than likely keep Manning though if he looks good to go for next year.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks to the two top dogs for a great finale. Might not have one this close again for a decade!

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

lol... Obviously I wasn't supposed to win with the sit/start call and Manning throwing just enough interceptions for me to lose.  Oh well.. That's FF.  

If I am being completely honest, making the calls you made on your roster and making the most of what you had available is more impressive than my team that was "supposed" to win.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually with a record like that I was thinking we kick your ass out of the league  

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Yea really. That was a dominating season,by team Deadly D.

On to keepers, i had demarco Murray and Eddie Lacy and they both worked out great. Maybe gordon next year, but the QB has me worried.

What about everyone else?  You like your keepers?
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Yeah, I am not sure about Manning either.  Forsett might be interesting if he were a little younger.  I think he benefited more from a really good zone blocking scheme more than just being an extremely underrated RB.  
If it looks like Manning is going downhill I wouldn't be opposed to keeping one of my other studs even at the high price.   Bell will be a 100% lock on my roster for a couple years at least unless something unforeseen happens.  
I will more than likely keep Manning though if he looks good to go for next year.
View Quote

In my dynasty league, I traded Peyton for Brady straight up during the rookie draft before the season started.  Most of my league mates looked at me like I was insane.  After the first three or four weeks of the season, I was beginning to wonder if maybe they were correct.  Now that the season is over I'm feeling quite a bit better about the trade.  Long term value is everything in a dynasty league and while I don't expect Peyton to retire after this season unless Denver wins the Super Bowl and even then he might not be ready to hang up his cleats. I still expect to get at least one, maybe two seasons out of Brady after Peyton retires - which gives me time to find a replacement (league starts 2 QBs).

I lost the title game in that league to the #6 seed (I was #1 seed) with a 0.2 from Andrew Luck.  I think I'm going to change my team name in that league to "Rhymes with Luck".

ETA - re: Keepers, I'll be sticking with Antonio Brown for sure but torn between Russell Wilson, Jordan Matthews and possibly Jerick McKinnon for the second keeper.

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 5:35:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yea really. That was a dominating season,by team Deadly D.

On to keepers, i had demarco Murray and Eddie Lacy and they both worked out great. Maybe gordon next year, but the QB has me worried.

What about everyone else?  You like your keepers?
View Quote

Despite the lousy performance of my team, I actually have quite a few legitimate keepers. In order of most likely to be kept:

Andre Ellington -this is no brainer as his cost will be 10.00
Mark Ingram -had a real good year, need to watch what N.O. does
Giovani Bernard
Mike Wallace - if only Miami had a QB
Jeremy Maclin -NEEDS Nick Foles
Knile Davis -have to watch this guy closely but could be well worth it
Charles Sims - a lot would have to happen in the offseason

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:38:55 PM EDT
[#25]
I think Beckham is worth $5. My second keeper might be either Keenan Allen for $10 or Cobb for $16 (depending upon where he lands as a free agent this offseason).
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 3:40:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I think Beckham is worth $5. My second keeper might be either Keenan Allen for $10 or Cobb for $16 (depending upon where he lands as a free agent this offseason).
View Quote
You think he's out of Green Bay?

Link Posted: 12/24/2014 8:46:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had Beckham in my other league. I considered picking him up here.  I don't remember why I decided not to do it.  Great pickup for you though.  

I am curious how effective Cruz will be when he comes back, and if it causes any change to Beckham's production.   Cruz signed a huge deal so I don't see them dumping him.  He is due to make over 6 million next year I think.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

SERIOUSLY??????
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

SERIOUSLY??????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SERIOUSLY??????

He had an off year this year. Look at what he did a year ago as a rookie. Guy's got talent and a high ceiling. Besides, he's going to be playing for his first big contract.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 12:07:11 AM EDT
[#30]
I picked up Golden Tate last year because he was playing for a contract.   He was a complete bust.   I didn't follow all of his numbers, but I think he had a good season with the Lions this year.  

I also had Mike Wallace last year because he was projected to have a relatively good year providing the Dolphins with a deep threat.  He was also a bust, but I think he did better for Sandman this year.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I picked up Golden Tate last year because he was playing for a contract.   He was a complete bust.   I didn't follow all of his numbers, but I think he had a good season with the Lions this year.  

I also had Mike Wallace last year because he was projected to have a relatively good year providing the Dolphins with a deep threat.  He was also a bust, but I think he did better for Sandman this year.
View Quote

He did and started off on fire but then Tannehill showed why he is not a real NFL QB and Wallace suffered for it. I may keep him, have to check price.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote

Tate would not have been a terrible flex play most weeks.  When Calvin Johnson was out, he was a pretty solid WR2.  The thing I love about Tate is that he practically never drops the ball.  I think his last season in Seattle he led the league in fewest passes dropped.  He's a better football player than fantasy would indicate.  96 catches, 1286 yards but only 4 TDs.  #13WR in ESPN standard scoring, #12 in this league.

Wallace ended up with good numbers for the season but was inconsistent for fantasy. 67 catches for 862 yards and 10 TDs through 15 games, he probably won't break 1000 yards but double digit TDs is nice. In ESPN standard scoring he's the #21 ranked WR for the season - in this league, #17 WR. If you were hoping for WR2 numbers from him, he was a mild disappointment.  If you wanted him as a flex play, he was probably a pleasant surprise. If you were expecting WR1 production, you were delusional from the start.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#33]
I actually came out of our draft with this:

Marshall
Maclin
Wallace
Patterson

So yea, going into the season he was my flex at best. Patterson I thought would ease into the number 2 spot but we all know the failure he turned out to be.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Is Graham going to take a dump with Wilson throwing to him?     Not sure how I feel about that trade.  I am curious to see if he still goes for around $50 next season.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Is Graham going to take a dump with Wilson throwing to him?     Not sure how I feel about that trade.  I am curious to see if he still goes for around $50 next season.
View Quote

IMO, he definitely loses some value.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#36]
I think a lot of value. They don't rely on the T.E. like Brees did.

If reports on true on why he was let go, I have to ask...Drew...what the hell were you thinking?  
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I think a lot of value. They don't rely on the T.E. like Brees did.

If reports on true on why he was let go, I have to ask...Drew...what the hell were you thinking?  
View Quote

I missed what Brees said about him... I need to look that up.  I sort of figured that it was because they did ok with the backup TE's when Graham had the shoulder problem last season.   I was guessing it was a business decision more than anything to unload him while he still had value in the league.

I will have to find the Brees stuff.

ETA:  Julius Thoms to the Jags is interesting too.  Curious to see how he produces there.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote

I think Graham & Brees both suffer losses in fantasy value while Wilson's value gets a slight bump.

Gronk is the clear #1 TE now - in a tier all his own. Graham and anyone else is a distant second.

I am curious about Gore + Andre Johnson in IND - both are old but could still have value.

This is the craziest free agency period I can remember. So many big names moving around.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:04:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Agreed and it ain't over.

Supposedly Brees would not renegotiate his contract so the Saints could keep Graham. Was reported by Russo on Mad Dog radio.

If Johnson can stay healthy and Gore does not have to compete with an alternating back scenario, the Colts just got MUCH better. Granted both of them have 1 maybe 2 very good seasons left, but that's enough for that team to make a legitimate run.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:53:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Supposedly Brees would not renegotiate his contract so the Saints could keep Graham. Was reported by Russo on Mad Dog radio.

If Johnson can stay healthy and Gore does not have to compete with an alternating back scenario, the Colts just got MUCH better. Granted both of them have 1 maybe 2 very good seasons left, but that's enough for that team to make a legitimate run.
View Quote

Thanks for the info... I am already dreading the thought of picking a team next year.  

Murray, Matthews, and Sproles all in the same backfield?   Will we be able to count on a lot of production from Murray in that scenario?

McCoy going to Buffalo that has horrible run blocking....  Will he be even more inconsistent?  I haven't heard what has become of Spiller and Jackson.  

Is Graham going to help Lynch or take some of his production catching balls?  

Speaking of TE's.... Is it going to be possible to find one with consistent production that you can count on?    

Is Adrian Peterson going to Dallas?   Murray really helped Dez by forcing defenders into the box.   Who is going to be the guy for Dallas?  

Can't wait...  
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Thanks for the info... I am already dreading the thought of picking a team next year.  

Murray, Matthews, and Sproles all in the same backfield?   Will we be able to count on a lot of production from Murray in that scenario?

McCoy going to Buffalo that has horrible run blocking....  Will he be even more inconsistent?  I haven't heard what has become of Spiller and Jackson.  

Speaking of TE's.... Is it going to be possible to find one with consistent production that you can count on?    

Is Adrian Peterson going to Dallas?   Murray really helped Dez by forcing defenders into the box.   Who is going to be the guy for Dallas?  

Can't wait...  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't wait...  

McFadden now in Dallas. They have a hell of an O-line but it's hard to feel confident about McFadden at this point.

The Eagles RB situation may not be fantasy friendly but I would not be surprised at all if the Eagles are a better team in 2015. I know there are a lot of doubters out there (full disclosure: I am no Eagles fan but I've seen enough Oregon football to be a Kelly believer) but the Vegas oddsmakers have moved Philly up in their SB ranks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Yea a lot of really interesting moves so far that should have any football curios to see how they pan out.

Not a fan of Mc'D but he did show signs of greatness early on, so maybe with that O line he goes off. I am still hoping we grab AP.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 5:43:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Yea a lot of really interesting moves so far that should have any football curios to see how they pan out.

Not a fan of Mc'D but he did show signs of greatness early on, so maybe with that O line he goes off. I am still hoping we grab AP.
View Quote

Oh hell yes. Peterson in Dallas? He'd be a monster. And the league would likely be investigating Jerry for tampering.

As a Jerick McKinnon owner, I'd like to see AP gone from MIN.
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top