Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:55:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah I'd bench them, Pistol. By the way, if you could drop a few points and lose a game so I can take the throne I'd appreciate it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah I'd bench them, Pistol. By the way, if you could drop a few points and lose a game so I can take the throne I'd appreciate it.
View Quote

lol..  Well I don't have this week locked up yet by any means.   If I do luck out again this week it is only because you all let me have Peyton Manning for $18 a couple seasons ago.   I will probably keep him until he retires, and he is worth every penny..  

ETA:  You have the fewest points against in the entire league.. Meanwhile, I am over here with the second highest.   I think I have earned my spot even if it only lasts for a few more days.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Money league or not, I'd bench them in a heartbeat. No question whatsoever. Basically, all you are doing is kneeling the ball to run out the clock.

Or, you could be like the Giants and try to run the ball....
View Quote

Exactly.  Think of it as the fantasy version of the victory formation.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:28:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

lol..  Well I don't have this week locked up yet by any means.   If I do luck out again this week it is only because you all let me have Peyton Manning for $18 a couple seasons ago.   I will probably keep him until he retires, and he is worth every penny..  

ETA:  You have the fewest points against in the entire league.. Meanwhile, I am over here with the second highest.   I think I have earned my spot even if it only lasts for a few more days.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha you certainly have. And you beat me a few weeks ago, too.

I've been getting a bit lucky with matchups sure but I also have the 2nd highest points total in the league to be fair.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've been getting a bit lucky with matchups sure but I also have the 2nd highest points total in the league to be fair.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah... At least you have over 900..  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You two want a room?

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:36:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You two want a room?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You two want a room?

You want in?  Maybe we can get a circle jerk going with Peyton Manning.....
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Hell if Peyton is coming then I'm in  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I am starting to think that at least one playoff team will have a losing record.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:51:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't get it. Every time I look at the rosters of my two teams (keeper and classic), I think, "How on earth is my keeper team by far the worst of the two?"

In a PPR league, I've supposedly got good WRs up the wazzoo, with one of the best pass-catching RBs in the game in Bernard. At the start of the season, I thought Matt Ryan would kick ass this year, instead, he's royally sucking week after week. Same goes for WR Keenan. He was a keeper for $5, but is performing more like a WR4 this year, not the WR1-2 that we all expected.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:10:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am starting to think that at least one playoff team will have a losing record.

View Quote

If not two  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:13:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't get it. Every time I look at the rosters of my two teams (keeper and classic), I think, "How on earth is my keeper team by far the worst of the two?"

In a PPR league, I've supposedly got good WRs up the wazzoo, with one of the best pass-catching RBs in the game in Bernard. At the start of the season, I thought Matt Ryan would kick ass this year, instead, he's royally sucking week after week. Same goes for WR Keenan. He was a keeper for $5, but is performing more like a WR4 this year, not the WR1-2 that we all expected.
View Quote

Yep....take a look at my team. Tell me how that even equates. In fact this week McCoy is on my bench because I really consider everyone else I have starting better than he is right now. Give me a reason to start him over who I have in. And if you say Ingram, I'll wager a membership right now Ingram scores more fantasy points this week than Shady does.

Someone looking to make a nice playoff run could get McCoy from me pretty cheap......just sayin  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:19:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yep....take a look at my team. Tell me how that even equates. In fact this week McCoy is on my bench because I really consider everyone else I have starting better than he is right now. Give me a reason to start him over who I have in. And if you say Ingram, I'll wager a membership right now Ingram scores more fantasy points this week than Shady does.

Someone looking to make a nice playoff run could get McCoy from me pretty cheap......just sayin  
View Quote

I would make you an offer but I don't think I have anyone you'd be interested in.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why I always say a big part of how the season goes depends on luck.  Nobody predicted McCoy to take a dump this season.   I actually saw him above Adrian Peterson on a couple preseason draft boards, especially in PPR.   Speaking of that, Empire has had some really lousy luck too with the Peterson thing and Montee Ball tearing his nut sack.  

I had shit luck last year myself.  My starting RB's were injured, who were both predicted to be decent preseason,  and then the Saints just pretty much quit using Sproles.  I also was depending on Mike Wallace last year, and he did exactly dick for me.   This year he is scoring some decent points for you.  

I drafted Ray Rice in my other league because I thought the whole thing was over with the two game suspension...  That hasn't worked out so well either..  

You definitely need to get good players.. But you also have to hope that you don't get screwed over by coaches changing the game plan, player stupidity, and/or injuries.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Absolutely...all good points.

I felt like I had the best draft EVER this year and yet I have my worse team EVER this year.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Jay Cutler?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow, that trade posted is interesting.  Seems a little one sided right now.  Bernard almost has the same amount of points as Marshawn Lynch.   Curious to see how Beckham plays out too.. Right now Randle is getting the targets and probably will continue to get a lot moving to the slot.

Good luck fellas... I love trades like this...  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:59:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Gio is hurt and may not play this week as of this morning. I checked last night before accepting the deal and he was good to go  

I think going forward Shady will begin to look like his old self with 2 or 3 starting linemen returning soon, problem is I cannot wait for that to happen. I needed something a bit more reliable right now. Gio also came off a very lousy performance last week, so there is question marks all around. As far as Odel goes, I disagree. I think this guy is already a legit WR1 and will put up monster points the rest of the season. I honestly went  back and forth between him and Maclin in the package and still wish I would have kept him and went with Maclin.

Time will tell but I really see the trade as dead even, not one sided at all. The backs should be a wash and Odel is a bonus for Wobblin taking a risk on McCoy. James Jones means nothing to me and will most likely be dropped for a different bench player.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh, I agree Beckham could put up big numbers.  I just think he might have to do it on fewer targets.   That always makes me nervous in a PPR league.   Randle is still doubling him in targets, and they said they might play Randle in the slot more often now which would make him see the ball even more.  

If Eli gives him good passes and he catches his 5-7 targets he could be great.. I just think it might be boom or bust game to game.  Beckham is definitely the big play TD threat though.  

If the targets start to shift in Beckham's favor then I agree with you 100%.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Oh, I agree Beckham could put up big numbers.  I just think he might have to do it on fewer targets.   That always makes me nervous in a PPR league.   Randle is still doubling him in targets, and they said they might play Randle in the slot more often now which would make him see the ball even more.  

If Eli gives him good passes and he catches his 5-7 targets he could be great.. I just think it might be boom or bust game to game.  Beckham is definitely the big play TD threat though.  

If the targets start to shift in Beckham's favor then I agree with you 100%.
View Quote

You should always agree with me 100%
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Sanders only has one TD the entire season up until now.  The week I face him he has two in the first half.   The rest of your team better suck this week Empire...

ETA:  Make that 3... I mean seriously...?  

ETA2:  39 points from him this week is exactly fucking dildos.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sanders only has one TD the entire season up until now.  The week I face him he has two in the first half.   The rest of your team better suck this week Empire...

View Quote

Looks like I'll be taking 1st this week!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:01:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/yesjacknicholson.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/yesjacknicholson.gif

Please... I'm still projected to score more points than you (as usual).  

Whether or not I actually will though... That is the question...
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:17:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Fuck you, Yahoo! Fuck you too, London.

My desperation play RB gets ruled out minutes before kickoff and I get a notification from Yahoo! In the middle of the third quarter.

ETA: Maybe not as bad as I thought. Dude got 0.5 points before leaving the game. At least he played.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Speaking of RB's taking a dump.. Marshawn Lynch has scored less than 10 points three straight weeks now.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:25:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:57:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Speaking of RB's taking a dump.. Marshawn Lynch has scored less than 10 points three straight weeks now.
View Quote

Dump? I had 3 backs score less than 10 points combined. That's full blown diarrhea!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Dump? I had 3 backs score less than 10 points combined. That's full blown diarrhea!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but it really sucks when they cost over a quarter of your budget... Like McCoy and Lynch.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
it hurts to lose by .4 points
View Quote

Yeah, 5 yards is all that was...  I couldn't even watch the overtime because I thought I was done for when Witten scored that TD.  Sorry man...

On another note, you assholes can still feel free to stop scoring so many points against me though...
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah, but it really sucks when they cost over a quarter of your budget... Like McCoy and Lynch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed...where are those friggin tums  
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Yeah, 5 yards is all that was...  I couldn't even watch the overtime because I thought I was done for when Witten scored that TD.  Sorry man...

On another note, you assholes can still feel free to stop scoring so many points against me though...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you want a title in this league, you've got to earn it.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

5 of the 8 players have had their best game of the season against me.  I think it is a good combination of picking decent players and blind ass luck that I am where I am.  

I think I would give it all up though if the Royals could just win game 7 tomorrow....   If they do, I'm good as a KC fan for another 20-30 years.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#33]
You really can't make this shit up. I get Gio from Wobblin in an attempt to get someone on my team that offers steady week to week production and now this fucker is hurt and most likely is going to miss this week. I really can't fucking win  

I am growing to despise this game.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You really can't make this shit up. I get Gio from Wobblin in an attempt to get someone on my team that offers steady week to week production and now this fucker is hurt and most likely is going to miss this week. I really can't fucking win  

I am growing to despise this game.
View Quote

Happened to me last year...  Traded for Roddy White who was coming off an injury.   He hurt himself again in practice when I got him and did nothing for me the rest of the year.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 1:10:00 AM EDT
[#35]
I know a lot of folks love to trade, even consider it a big part of the game. Me? I almost hate trades. Draft your team and roll with it, picking up free agents when you can. I have rarely been happy with the long term results of a trade.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 5:05:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I know a lot of folks love to trade, even consider it a big part of the game. Me? I almost hate trades. Draft your team and roll with it, picking up free agents when you can. I have rarely been happy with the long term results of a trade.
View Quote

I don't mind trading...Although I agree that they haven't worked out as well as I hoped they would for me in the past.  

Really what it comes down to is that if you think you need a significant trade your season isn't going the way you expected it to anyway.  That was the case for me last year.  My RB's all got hurt, and I made a lot of bad calls with WR's in the draft.  I took a chance on a trade because it really couldn't make my team much worse if it didn't work out.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 8:32:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've pretty much stopped trading.  I've never had one work out in my favor.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Well so far here's my results with this years trade with Wobblin:

I acquired Gio Bernard...

First game he scores 12.70 points, the exact same amount as L. McCoy, (who I traded in order to acquire Gio) scores that week. -You can't make this shit up.

Second game -he's out this week, hurt.

Third game -they have the Thursday night game this coming week and early word is he won't be ready to play then either.

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 11:03:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

First game he scores 12.70 points, the exact same amount as L. McCoy, (who I traded in order to acquire Gio) scores that week. -You can't make this shit up.

Third game -they have the Thursday night game this coming week and early word is he won't be ready to play then either.

View Quote

Sounds like a standard fantasy football trade....

FF is a nasty bitch..  The most consistent player I have on my team is Le'veon Bell even though he hardly ever scores.  I think he has 2 TD's on the season.   Not much in this game makes sense.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 11:41:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Be thankful you didn't acquiesce to my demand for Maclin instead of Odell Beckham. I'd still be relevant in the Keeper League if you had.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Be thankful you didn't acquiesce to my demand for Maclin instead of Odell Beckham. I'd still be relevant in the Keeper League if you had.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maclin is my bitch. I own him in both leagues and a third.

Odel is going to relevant for you. I don't believe anyone is out of either league just yet.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#42]
I can hardly believe that after my dismal 1-2 start that I am going to be one of only four teams in this league with a winning record after week 9.

This league is rough, unless you're a dingleberry - in which case apparently this league is a cakewalk.

Perhaps the reason this league is so competitive is because we're all spectacularly bad at fantasy football.

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I can hardly believe that after my dismal 1-2 start that I am going to be one of only four teams in this league with a winning record after week 9.

This league is rough, unless you're a dingleberry - in which case apparently this league is a cakewalk.

Perhaps the reason this league is so competitive is because we're all spectacularly bad at fantasy football.

View Quote

I usually fall into that category.  I will be the first to admit that I have had a lot of luck this season so far (knock on every piece of wood in the universe ).  

I only won by 4 yards last week.   A lot of teams are starting to hit their stride.   I think Sandman was last a few weeks ago.. Now he has climbed up into 5th.  I am probably setting up perfectly for an early round disappointment in the playoffs...  lol.  

I had a specific strategy going into the draft that worked ok.   Nothing new or ground-breaking.  I have made a lot of moves to make my bench better because it was pretty awful after the draft.  Other than that I have tried to force myself not to fool with my lineup that much.   I have had a horrible habit of switching players quickly when they have an off week in the past.   That has hardly ever worked.  

That is the only thing I have done differently.   Other than that it is all luck which I am thankful for..  I have been on the other end of that spectrum plenty.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#44]
What is up with Anthony Dixon (RB - BUF) being listed as Boobie Dixon on Yahoo! fantasy?

At first I thought it was a joke and would not last but he's still listed as Boobie Dixon...
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What is up with Anthony Dixon (RB - BUF) being listed as Boobie Dixon on Yahoo! fantasy?

At first I thought it was a joke and would not last but he's still listed as Boobie Dixon...
View Quote

They did explain it but I forget what it was.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn, your team is stacked Pistol.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 8:22:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

208 points right now.

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

208 points right now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

208 points right now.

Meh...  Steve Smith was kind of disappointing today.  He has really taken a nose dive.

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:56:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Meh...  Steve Smith was kind of disappointing today.  He has really taken a nose dive.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

208 points right now.

If you PM me your address I'll send you the first place prize tomorrow

Question I have is how the hell did we allow one owner to get both Peyton, Graham and Lynch????  
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Question I have is how the hell did we allow one owner to get both Peyton, Graham and Lynch????  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

208 points right now.

No shit.  I'd bet money he goes undefeated.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top