Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/2/2013 4:53:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Expanded, and hopefully better, coverage for the EPL, the Special One back at the Bridge, the whole season as a lead up to the World Cup next summer.

Going to be good.

Link Posted: 8/2/2013 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Tired of watching the reruns on FoxSoccer Channel.  Great to have the season start again.  Coming off the Gold Cup win I'm psyced about the MNT going forward.  First time ever this team is really deep.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 8:27:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Zhukov, Man U has lived up to your expectations so far in preseason.

I'm hoping they get the losses out of their system prior to the season.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 12:01:36 AM EDT
[#7]
In for another season of probable disappointment.  I don't even care about winning the league at this point...just get back into contention for the Champions League.  

Any thoughts on Dempsey's move to the Sounders?
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want to play BPL fantasy then here is my league.

1008619-236177

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Link Posted: 8/4/2013 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I think I'm going to like Herr Schurrle
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So is anyone else pulling their hair out about the awful announcing we've had to endure on Fox Soccer? At least BeIn has that crazy Irish guy, but damn if that FSC guy doesn't sound like JP Dellacamera. He is perhaps the most inept, most unlikable announcer EVER. His voice makes me want to strangle kittens. If it's not him, then we are cursed with a perfect voice-double.
View Quote

Gus Johnson needs to stick to College Football.

I'm not as an experienced soccer critic as you are, so perhaps this is a novice's opinion, but I will miss the Ian Darke/Steve McManaman combo that ESPN had for EPL games.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 10:08:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is anyone else pulling their hair out about the awful announcing we've had to endure on Fox Soccer? At least BeIn has that crazy Irish guy, but damn if that FSC guy doesn't sound like JP Dellacamera. He is perhaps the most inept, most unlikable announcer EVER. His voice makes me want to strangle kittens. If it's not him, then we are cursed with a perfect voice-double.

Gus Johnson needs to stick to College Football.

I'm not as an experienced soccer critic as you are, so perhaps this is a novice's opinion, but I will miss the Ian Darke/Steve McManaman combo that ESPN had for EPL games.

So that was Gus Johnson?

No, but he's been on a lot of the recent Fox telecasts.  He's the worst example of Fox soccer coverage.

Link Posted: 8/4/2013 10:17:46 PM EDT
[#15]
As bad as Johnson and JP were during the Gold Cup final, I was actually more annoyed by Wynalda's commentary.  I think he bugged me so much because he was saying incredibly obvious things and acting like they were profound insights.

Who was the guy during the US v Mexico game that made the comment about the US team's corner kick defense looking like "The Alamo"?  That's the sort of colorful commentary we need more of, for pure comedy's sake.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2013 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 8/5/2013 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Dempsey to Sounders – I thought it was a good move. He will get plenty of playing time leading up to the World Cup next summer. He wasn’t going to get much time at Spurs.

Gus Johnson -  I got to say I like him but then again he did join the American Outlaws and as an American Outlaw I can’t hate on a fellow member.

Eric Wynalda - I love that dude. He tells it like it is. Doesn’t sugarcoat anything. Sure he says some crap that is obvious a lot but hell… what person out there doesn’t do that?

I agree on the Ian/Steve combo. They are good together.

**ETA** I'm normally at the soccer pub we all watch at so I don't get to hear everything said. We are usually singing songs/screaming at calls/etc etc etc so needless to say I can make out about every other word spoken through the speakers.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Dempsey to Sounders – I thought it was a good move. He will get plenty of playing time leading up to the World Cup next summer. He wasn’t going to get much time at Spurs.

Gus Johnson -  I got to say I like him but then again he did join the American Outlaws and as an American Outlaw I can’t hate on a fellow member.

Eric Wynalda - I love that dude. He tells it like it is. Doesn’t sugarcoat anything. Sure he says some crap that is obvious a lot but hell… what person out there doesn’t do that?

I agree on the Ian/Steve combo. They are good together.

View Quote
I like him, too.  And I also like Warren Barton.  I sometimes think the two of them don't like each other very much.  Wynalda gets on Barton's nerves.

Link Posted: 8/5/2013 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#20]
^^^ big time! That's another reason I like Eric. Someone has got to put that Englishman in his place every now and then.

(I like Warren too)

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 8:44:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
^^^ big time! That's another reason I like Eric. Someone has got to put that Englishman in his place every now and then.

(I like Warren too)

View Quote

I'm actually a big fan of Warren and Eric both.
They kind of mix well together.

I actually participated in an Olympic development camp and met Eric on many occasions.
No way would he remember me, but it was awesome to meet him.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 9:34:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Ray Hudson is the best commentator out there.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll just mute it tomorrow night at 9:00.  Can always unmute if there's some 'splaining being done.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Go some team to be determined later in the EPL

Come on you TBDs  

First season watching for me.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Come on you TBDs  
View Quote
Having a team makes a difference in how you view the game.  Once that's established, two hours, commercials only at half, and best of all.. the EPL games come on in the morning before "our" football.  So you get soccer, then College or Pro football.  Pure awesome.  Hard to get errands run or yard work done in the fall though

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 11:40:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Come on you TBDs  

View Quote

Enjoy it.  Having a team you're rooting for does make you more interested, but even without a team to root for it's a lot of fun watching some of the best players in the world play the beautiful game.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 10:58:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Come on you TBDs  

View Quote

I vote Swansea. Good, upcoming team on the rise with a lot of young stars. Middle of the table club that plays attractive football and you won't be called a bandwagon fan.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 9:57:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Oh my - the Chelsea/Real Madrid game is shaping up VERY nicely.
View Quote

Indeed!
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Ronaldo - he's good.  Real Madrid and Casillas were good on defense.

For my Blues..not impressed with either DeBruyne or Van Ginkel.  

Eden Hazard impressed as always.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:34:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Mourinho comments really had Ronaldo fired up and were worth at least one RM goal last night.  His header was amazing given the perfect timing and how unmarked he'd managed to get. I missed exactly how he got that open in the replays.
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Indeed!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh my - the Chelsea/Real Madrid game is shaping up VERY nicely.

Indeed!

You just can't hate Ronaldo.

That freekick was incredible.
Link Posted: 8/9/2013 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/9/2013 6:51:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The Bundesliga is underway again. Munich is already up 2-0 after 15 minutes against Moenchengladbach. Robben after an amazing pass from Ribery, and Mandzukic for #2.

[ETA] This is basically the same team they played last year. Thiago Alcantara has the flu and Goetze is still injured. Frightening.
View Quote

what a great Game
Bayern starts off really well in the Bundesliga

Link Posted: 8/10/2013 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Liverpool v Celtic starting in 20 minutes.

Link Posted: 8/10/2013 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm watching Real Madrid and Inter Milan on ESPN 3 while at work.

I know it's only a pre-season frendly, but Real is for real this year..........again.
Link Posted: 8/11/2013 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Manchester United wins the Community Shield.
Link Posted: 8/12/2013 7:55:48 PM EDT
[#40]
I see that Celtic broke up their section of Ultras with the great banners and TIFO

The perspective that the American owners of Man UTD, Liverpool have reached an agreement amongst themselves to quit transferring players since that isn't how it's done in the NFL or MLB.    Get the control back to the club and not with the players.  Although Arsenal clearly missed the memo

Link
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I see that Celtic broke up their section of Ultras with the great banners and TIFO

The perspective that the American owners of Man UTD, Liverpool have reached an agreement amongst themselves to quit transferring players since that isn't how it's done in the NFL or MLB.    Get the control back to the club and not with the players.  Although Arsenal clearly missed the memo

Link
View Quote

It is very difficult to follow all the transfer talk with European Football.

I would like to see Rooney stay at Man U.
However, I really don't care what becomes of Suarez.

He is a fantastic player.
He just needs to settle down and play the game.
Link Posted: 8/14/2013 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Suarez is an amazing player.... sucks that he is such a shit person.
Link Posted: 8/14/2013 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#43]
So pissed off right now.

USA is playing and I'm at work.
Link Posted: 8/14/2013 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/14/2013 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So pissed off right now.

USA is playing and I'm at work.
View Quote

Same.  Hooray espn updates I guess
Link Posted: 8/14/2013 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Sounds like it might have been a hell of a game.  Come back from a 2-0 deficit, Altidore has a hat trick, US wins 4-3.

Sad I missed it.

ETA:  Found a .gif of Altidore's 3rd goal:

Link Posted: 8/14/2013 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Sounds like it might have been a hell of a game.  Come back from a 2-0 deficit, Altidore has a hat trick, US wins 4-3.

Sad I missed it.

http://i.imgur.com/AXOuCdr.gif
View Quote

Almost a duplicate of Ronaldo's from the final with Chelsea last week.
Link Posted: 8/14/2013 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm watching Germany down 2-0 against Paraguay () right now on WatchESPN. Two horrible defensive lapses beautifully pounced on by Paraguay I have to admit...

Make that 2-1.  
View Quote

in the end the made it a 3:3

not what I expected that is for sure

Link Posted: 8/15/2013 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Watched a lot of the highlights from the friendlies yesterday. Some notes:

- lol Germany drawing Paraguay. Schweiny didn't play. Coincidence? I think not.
- really hope Altidore has a strong season for Sunderland; he's on fire right now
- what a goal by the Sweden player that scored who wasn't Zlatan
- biggest surprise of the night was Northern Ireland upsetting Russia in WC qualifier
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 10:17:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Sad I missed it.

http://i.imgur.com/AXOuCdr.gif
View Quote

I just saw the goal on HLN while at work.

I was watching it until US went down 0-2.

I switched to the England Scotland friendly.

I missed a hell of a game, I guess.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top