Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am on a buying trip out of state, I have a 4g iPad and am going to try to draft, I looked at the yahoo app and can't figure out how to set my pre draft rankings or keepers
View Quote

Does your hotel have a computer in the lobby maybe or a business center?
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 5:12:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

We are driving back to Ohio, so I will be in car
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am on a buying trip out of state, I have a 4g iPad and am going to try to draft, I looked at the yahoo app and can't figure out how to set my pre draft rankings or keepers

Does your hotel have a computer in the lobby maybe or a business center?

We are driving back to Ohio, so I will be in car

You should be able to use the native web interface to set your three players at a minimum. As long as every manager drafts their three picks then auto draft should work for you worst case, since all the taken players will be gone by the time we get to round 4. It only turns into a CF if someone auto drafts something outside their first three picks.
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#5]
From what I understand the first three rounds will go by in a matter of seconds with our picks from last night being automatically selected.  

I don't think anyone could pick a player chosen last night because they will all be assigned to each team in the first three rounds.

Am I mistaken?
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
From what I understand the first three rounds will go by in a matter of seconds with our picks from last night being automatically selected.  

I don't think anyone could pick a player chosen last night because they will all be assigned to each team in the first three rounds.

Am I mistaken?
View Quote

Provided all managers set their pre-draft list with their first three picks then yes it can all be done automatically in a very short amount of time.

Link Posted: 8/19/2013 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Provided all managers set their pre-draft list with their first three picks then yes it can all be done automatically in a very short amount of time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I mistaken?

I guess I am not fully understanding how it works then.  It doesn't seem to make much sense for yahoo to make you edit your list if all of the drafted players have been set as keepers.  

You only have to do that if you are auto drafting, correct?
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I guess I am not fully understanding how it works then.  It doesn't seem to make much sense for yahoo to make you edit your list if all of the drafted players have been set as keepers.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Am I mistaken?

It looks like it was set up as a separate league. Not sure if you have to manually set it or just wait until the draft and make people pick their auction draft choices.
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I mistaken?

I am not sure how this will play out. Since I added the players as keepers, hopefully this overides anyones specific list.

I guess the question is why are we waiting to the last minute to address this Bryan?    (I know I am a tryant and an asshole...did I forget anything?)
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It looks like it was set up as a separate league. Not sure if you have to manually set it or just wait until the draft and make people pick their auction draft choices.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I mistaken?

I went in today and manually added all the players chosen last night to each owners team as their first three picks. I think we should be ok.

Link Posted: 8/19/2013 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted: (I know I am a tryant and an asshole...did I forget anything?)
View Quote

Yes Mein Fuher
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#12]
so last night, i was the last person without thier 3rd pick...i lost internet and was trying to get back on, barely got back on and ended up with wes welker.

since i was the last person without 3 players, shouldent i be able to pick whoever i want?? reggie bush was who i wanted by the way...told u all my internet would fuck me
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
so last night, i was the last person without thier 3rd pick...i lost internet and was trying to get back on, barely got back on and ended up with wes welker.

since i was the last person without 3 players, shouldent i be able to pick whoever i want?? reggie bush was who i wanted by the way...told u all my internet would fuck me
View Quote

Get lost, punk.
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#14]
lol.  well you all let someone do it last year.  im tellin ya, i was the last person left, all other owners had 3/3, i wanted bush and got jacked by the internet
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 8:31:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
lol.  well you all let someone do it last year.  im tellin ya, i was the last person left, all other owners had 3/3, i wanted bush and got jacked by the internet
View Quote

We all want bush....  Most of us never get it though........    
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 8:38:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ya he was my only hope
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I just tried to pre-rank my players, and when I hit 'save' I got an error saying 'Not in Pre-Draft Mode'

Go on Internet, dump me and auto-pick Vick Ballard.  I dare you.
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Good draft everyone.

Link Posted: 8/19/2013 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The draft order isn't correct on the draft page.  Maverick has the first pick tonight, followed by Berserkers.

This should be the start of the 4th round.
View Quote

Did you read what Tom said on the previous page?   Not saying you are wrong but Tom was fairly certain of how it was supposed to work.
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 10:17:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I cannot wait to read the post-draft AAR here.

Link Posted: 8/19/2013 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Did you read what Tom said on the previous page?   Not saying you are wrong but Tom was fairly certain of how it was supposed to work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The draft order isn't correct on the draft page.  Maverick has the first pick tonight, followed by Berserkers.

This should be the start of the 4th round.

I was wrong.  It just panicked me a little.  I'm better now.

Link Posted: 8/19/2013 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I cannot wait to read the post-draft AAR here.
View Quote

Pretty simple, really. I win.
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 10:39:56 PM EDT
[#24]
That moment when you look at your team right after the draft and realize...................    You have no chance of winning.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Pretty simple, really. I win.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/20/2013 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Yahoo added a pretty cool addition this year called 'Draft Grades'. You get a letter grade and detailed report. According to Yahoo, Heiny had the best draft. Sandman told me this morning looking at his team there's no way he's not winning this league.

Link Posted: 8/20/2013 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Heineken definitely snagged at least three players right in front of me who were the only guys in my queue, that sucked!  

Yahoo rankings don't mean shit though,  both my teams sucked last year and I made the playoffs in both leagues and won the Keeper League.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Yahoo said I won the draft last year in he keeper league, but I didn't even make the playoffs.

Injuries to every one of the three RB's I started plus underwhelming receiver scores sunk me.  

I was a lot happier with the team for this league as I was drafting it.  Looking at it now, I have my doubts.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Yahoo added a pretty cool addition this year called 'Draft Grades'. You get a letter grade and detailed report. According to Yahoo, Heiny had the best draft. Sandman told me this morning looking at his team there's no way he's not winning this league.

http://i42.tinypic.com/sosswk.jpg

View Quote

Wow.

I'd give the best grades to Dingleberries & Goblin.

I thnk Yahoo! is giving Sandy a hard time about the lack of K & DST, projecting a season worth of goose eggs from those two positions.

Heineken's team is horrible, as usual.

Link Posted: 8/20/2013 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 12:09:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Wow.

I thnk Yahoo! is giving Sandy a hard time about the lack of K & DST, projecting a season worth of goose eggs from those two positions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

I also like what Goblin did...  Decker could be a bust this year though for a starting WR.  If he isn't that looks like a really strong team.

I already changed my lineup.... .   I was debating taking Cameron last night but went with a RB instead.  I think (hope) James will get more time than Davis so I made the change.  Probably the first of many wrong decisions though.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#33]
I thought overall everyone had a good draft, especially the auction. Moreso than in any previous years.

Link Posted: 8/20/2013 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I thought overall everyone had a good draft, especially the auction. Moreso than in any previous years.
View Quote

Agreed. For some reason, this year there are three or four teams right out of the gate that appear to be stacked to win. It's impressive how that many teams apparently drafted so well.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

LMAO.

Dude just hasn't quite figured this out, yet.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

I am actually pretty happy with my draft.

So who has the official Snicker's Sleeper award for the year?
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

LMAO.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LMAO.

You are just being an asshole now.  Give me a fucking break, I am right in the main pack almost every year, got 3rd last year (and would have had 1st if not for a dumb ass decision on my part. )  I understand fantasy football perfectly fine, and I have a strategy, but sometimes you have to make picks based on whats available.

So anyone who wants to make a side bet when its your week to play me, just send me an IM.  Last mofo who took me up on that lost some cash, twice.

Link Posted: 8/20/2013 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought for sure that yahoo draft grade thing was a joke and you guys photshoped it  

I didnt even get snickers bar top pick things
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I didnt even get snickers bar top pick things
View Quote

That means you don't stand a cold chance in hell of even placing in the top 6 of the league. You NEED those Snicker's Sleepers!
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You are just being an asshole now.  Give me a fucking break, I am right in the main pack almost every year, got 3rd last year (and would have had 1st if not for a dumb ass decision on my part. )  I understand fantasy football perfectly fine, and I have a strategy, but sometimes you have to make picks based on whats available.

So anyone who wants to make a side bet when its your week to play me, just send me an IM.  Last mofo who took me up on that lost some cash, twice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LMAO.

Don't we see a statement like this every year offered as an excuse and promises of doing better next year?

Link Posted: 8/20/2013 8:03:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Don't we see a statement like this every year offered as an excuse and promises of doing better next year?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LMAO.

maybe but it usually always follows some dickheaded comment
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 8:55:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
maybe but it usually always follows some dickheaded comment
View Quote

LOL.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm just waiting for the breaking news telling me that all of my running backs somehow managed to break their legs the first week........
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#44]
My 'Meaningless Post-Draft Rankings Based on Data From the Main Fantasy Site I'm Using This Year.'  No surprise that my team is ranked in the top tier...LOL

1. Boston Tea Partiers

2. Chain Gang

3. Berserkers

4. Sandman's Cows

5. Heineken NoBadJuJu

6. Femur Snappers

7. Nobamas

8. Double Dingleberries

9. Maverick's Top Guns

10. Infamous

11. Larnmaster

12. The Mighty Goblins
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My 'Meaningless Post-Draft Rankings Based on Data From the Main Fantasy Site I'm Using This Year.'  No surprise that my team is ranked in the top tier...LOL

1. Boston Tea Partiers
2. Chain Gang
3. Berserkers
4. Sandman's Cows
5. Heineken NoBadJuJu
6. Femur Snappers
7. Nobamas
8. Double Dingleberries
9. Maverick's Top Guns
10. Infamous
11. Larnmaster
12. The Mighty Goblins
View Quote

There is a problem with the number 1 and number 4 team. Switch them and it actually would be pretty accurate. You also nailed the last place team.

Link Posted: 8/21/2013 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There is a problem with the number 1 and number 4 team. Switch them and it actually would be pretty accurate. You also nailed the last place team.
View Quote

Laugh it up, Fuzzball.
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Laugh it up, Fuzzball.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Laugh it up, Fuzzball.

She'll make .5 past light speed. She may not look like much but she got it where it counts. (your team I mean    )
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

1. Boston Tea Partiers

2. Chain Gang

3. Berserkers

4. Sandman's Cows

5. Heineken NoBadJuJu

6. Femur Snappers

7. Nobamas

8. Double Dingleberries

9. Maverick's Top Guns

10. Infamous

11. Larnmaster

12. The Mighty Goblins
View Quote

It's Boston Tebow Party.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 7:17:07 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

It's Boston Tebow Party.
View Quote

Kay Adams mentioned you in a video!

Check it out.  (Skip to 3:00 if you don't want to watch the rest of the video.)

http://on.wsj.com/13UyovO

Link Posted: 8/23/2013 10:08:47 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm kinda hoping my Lamar Miller pick pans out well for me. Otherwise I'm about as thin at running back as a team could be.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top