ARFcom Fantasy Football 2013 - CLASSIC LEAGUE

League is up and can be accessed here:
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/pistolputzisinchargenow

All 12 teams have joined the league.  

Important Dates (clear your calendars):
$50 3-round Auction
Sunday, August 18, 9:00pm Eastern

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
New "league" just for the three round auction. Click here: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/arfcom3rdauction

The auction WILL NOT be here on the AR15.com Sports Forum.

IM me for details if you have any questions.

I am sure that our fellow ARFcommers will appreciate the lack of auction threads (we usually have about 40) and nobody will have to pester a moderator to clean up after us.

Here's the deal - I made a new league that has a 3-man roster. 3 x QB/RB/WR/TE. No bench positions. And no, you can't buy a defense or kicker in the auction.

Scoring is the same as the regular league. No moves are allowed. You can't drop, add, trade or bench anyone. In short, your auction picks will compete against the other auction picks all season long. You won't have to spend any time managing this extra "team" and I could even delete the league after the draft. I think it'd be fun to let our auction picks duke it out all season long so we can see who really "won" the auction.

After the auction, I will go to the regular league and set your auction picks as keepers for your first three picks in the snake draft. This will eliminate any potential problems with someone missing the snake draft. It will also save us some time on Monday night, effectively shortening the draft by three rounds.

The Yahoo! server WILL AUTODRAFT FOR YOU if you miss the auction.

Live Draft
Monday, August 19th, 9:00pm Eastern time

Yahoo! League Page - same as it ever was.

*Draft dates are tentative at this time

2012 final standings and draft order for 2013:
1. LarnMaster (LarnMaster) - paid - joined league
2. The Mighty Goblins (Wobblin-Goblin) -paid-  joined league
3. Heineken (Heineken) - paid - joined league
4. Femur Snapper (showmeballer) -paid- joined league
5. Infamous (Bryan_Aim) -Paid - joined league
6. Nobamas (civprod) - Paid - - joined league
7. LoneStar Gunners (ar15bubba)- paid - Withdrawn now Lawle102's team - Will move to last I assume - joined league
8. Homicidal Maniacs- Withdrawn now Double Dingleberries (PistolPutz) - Will move to last I assume - Paid - joined league
9. Chain Gang (eracer) -paid- joined league
10. Sandman's Cows (Sandman67)- Paid - joined league
11. Berserkers (tctlrld) - Paid - - joined league
12. Maverick's Top Guns (Maverick91) -paid- joined league

REMEMBER that the 12 spot is the most favorable spot for our draft - the higher your number, the better your pick.

Entry Fee = $50. Sandman67 is the league treasurer. IM him for PayPal/postal address if you need it. For PayPal, send $51.81 (that's $50 after the 3.5% PayPal fee).

Prizes: $50 to 3rd Place, $100 to 2nd Place and the remainder (after any MO fees, etc) to the league winner.

League settings can be viewed at the league page (see link above).

Roster:
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/RB, K, D/ST, BN x6 (15 player roster)
Draft:
$50 auction for rounds 1-3, "regular" snake draft for following rounds. We will use the Yahoo! default draft rankings for the auction.

Auction procedure:
See the IMPORTANT UPDATE above. We'll be using the Yahoo! auction draft software. If you're not in the keeper league or have never participated in A Yahoo! live auction, I would encourage you to at least try a mock auction draft at least once. The Yahoo! server WILL AUTODRAFT FOR YOU if you miss the auction.

Plan on the whole process taking several hours.

After the auction:
You WILL go to your Yahoo! team page and edit your pre-draft rankings so that the three players you won in the auction are your top three. This way, if you are late for or miss the live draft your team will still get the three players you bought in the auction. Do not screw this up.

Rules change from 2011:
Consolation bracket results no longer apply to draft position for the following season. For non-championship bracket playoff teams, the final regular season standings will determine draft order for the following season.

This contest is in no way sanctioned or otherwise supported by AR15.com, and all participants take part at their own risk.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 11:55:44 PM EDT
[#1]
New thread for the new year..   Ignore the dates and some of the info in the previous post.  I have no idea what I am doing.  I will try to figure it out as I go, but I will most likely drag all of you down with me in one hellacious blaze of glory.  I will edit the above post with current information within the next couple of days.  

Is the team list still the same for this year, other than Tom?  I am assuming I can look up the placings from last year in the current league?  

Anybody have a preference on a draft date?  I am guessing we should get that nailed down.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 11:31:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Just don't make it the same day as the keeper league.

Also make sure the snake draft and the three round auction are on seperate days as well.
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 8:22:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just don't make it the same day as the keeper league.

Also make sure the snake draft and the three round auction are on seperate days as well.

Ok, thanks....   I have been trying to work on it a bit today, but I keep getting a message saying the page is down.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Im in bitches.

Got a kid now...so only one league for me, but you know this is always my top choice.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 8:10:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Where are we at here? I am starting to get nervous as the season will be here before you know it and good draft dates go quickly. At the minimum we need to start collecting for this league, we need another owner and we need draft dates set within a week or so.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where are we at here? I am starting to get nervous as the season will be here before you know it and good draft dates go quickly. At the minimum we need to start collecting for this league, we need another owner and we need draft dates set within a week or so.

I am getting nervous as well....

1.  I really don't know what I am doing...  I think I can figure it out, but...

2. I am still having trouble getting the league pages to pull up.  I keep getting error messages.   I don't even know the full list of current teams.     Are you still the treasurer Sandman?
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, but I am hesitant to start taking money for this league as it is not even up and running technically.

I just went in the league and everything is up and running fine. What seems to be your issue? If you go to league page do you see a list of 7 or 8 teams that have joined?

Click under commish tools and choose draft date.

I didn't want to originally, but if you want me to commish the league I will. If you really want to do it, I am more than fine with that but then we need to get going here. This league has been around too long to have it die now.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I will try again when I get home this evening and get the draft dates selected.  I am on my lunch break now.  

The last couple of days I have received an error message saying something like,  There was was problem with some of the information on this page, please try again later.  

That message would show up in red, and it wouldn't let me access any of the leagues.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will try again when I get home this evening and get the draft dates selected.  I am on my lunch break now.  

The last couple of days I have received an error message saying something like,  There was was problem with some of the information on this page, please try again later.  

That message would show up in red, and it wouldn't let me access any of the leagues.
View Quote

Yea not sure what's up with that. I just checked again and I can get right in. Perhaps change the browser you are using?
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 5:53:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yea not sure what's up with that. I just checked again and I can get right in. Perhaps change the browser you are using?
View Quote

I was able to get in on a different computer.  I believe it says that Tom made you the commish for both leagues though.  I am unable to change anything.

ETA:  I am still getting the error sometimes.  This is exactly what it says:

There was a temporary problem with the server. Please try again shortly. (Error #115)
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#11]
ok well setup a team and I can transfer commish to you. Do you feel you can get everything done now?
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
ok well setup a team and I can transfer commish to you. Do you feel you can get everything done now?
View Quote

Yeah, the only problem I am having is that I keep getting the error message that I posted above.   As long as I can get to the page I can get it done.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 10:55:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah, the only problem I am having is that I keep getting the error message that I posted above.   As long as I can get to the page I can get it done.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of Yahoo has been fucked up this evening.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:17:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Pistol,

You are now the commish. I kept myself as co-commish just in case, but I do not have as much power as you, so you can still screw up the league and I cannot fix it.

You need to get draft dates NOW for both the actual league and the 3 round auction. NOW!!!!  
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Last chance to sound off on a preference of draft date/time.  Or if there is a date/time that you would rather it not be.  I am doing it later tonight when I get home.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 1:15:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Tentative draft date has been selected.  The standings/draft order from last year has been updated as well.  

Do I need to send invites to team owners who have not joined?

I set the 3 round auction draft for the Monday after the regular draft.  This appears to be similar to what you did last year.  Is this ok with everyone?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:45:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Tentative draft date has been selected.  The standings/draft order from last year has been updated as well.  

I set the 3 round auction draft for the Monday after the regular draft.  This appears to be similar to what you did last year.  Is this ok with everyone?
View Quote

1. Yes -send the invites.

2. NO!!!!!   The 3 round auction has to go before the snake.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yes, but I am hesitant to start taking money for this league as it is not even up and running technically.
View Quote

Stop being disruptive, asshole.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 2:21:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol...  I actually knew that from reading the thread for last year.    It would be hard to set the auction picks as the first three regular draft picks the way I have it.    

Sorry...I was paying closer attention to my scotch last night than what I was doing.  I will flip flop it around.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Depending on the type of scotch that may well be a legitimate cause  
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#23]
So are we all set here? We need to vote on a treasurer and start collecting the fee.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So are we all set here? We need to vote on a treasurer and start collecting the fee.
View Quote

I thought you were the money man....
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I thought I was going to pay you.   I am away from home right now on a trip, but I am planning on paying this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:55:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been the money man since year 1 and there has never been an issue. That said, I do not want to assume the job is mine every year unless we want to just appoint it mine right now and be done with it?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I have been the money man since year 1 and there has never been an issue. That said, I do not want to assume the job is mine every year unless we want to just appoint it mine right now and be done with it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're about all set with you being a crybaby. Stop being disruptive and get on the stick, will you?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:12:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

We're about all set with you being a crybaby. Stop being disruptive and get on the stick, will you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was just trying to be fair and give the other owners a shot at this wonderful adventure  

You bastages need to start thinking about paying -I have zip from this league as of now. Keeper league is on the ball with 3 owners paid in full  
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#29]
ill pay next week via paypal sandy
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
send me your paypal again, I will send you another penis enlargment gift
View Quote

If they lock my account because of your wishful thinking in getting another playmate for you and Gobblin, I am gonna make you pay everyone here  
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Consider this the payment received post. I will continue to update this post as I receive payments. Pistol, only a suggestion, but you should update the main page with this year's paid status as well.

Infamous (Bryan_Aim) Paid via PP
Nobamas (civprod) Paid via PP
Sandman's Cows (Sandman67) Paid

Double Dingleberries (Pistol Putz) Paid
Heineken (Heineken) Paid
Berserkers (tctlrld) Paid
The Mighty Goblins (Wobblin-Goblin)Paid
Femur Snapper (showmeballer)Paid
Chain Gang (eracer) Paid
Maverick's Top Guns (Maverick91)Paid
Larnmaster (Larnmaster) Paid
Link Posted: 7/30/2013 4:22:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Consider this the payment received post. I will continue to update this post as I receive payments. Pistol, only a suggestion, but you should update the main page with this year's paid status as well.

View Quote

Yeah, I was planning on doing that.  I just sent my payment for both leagues btw.
Link Posted: 7/30/2013 7:45:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah, I was planning on doing that.  I just sent my payment for both leagues btw.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Noted and updated in both leagues  
Link Posted: 7/30/2013 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Check is in the mail.
Link Posted: 7/30/2013 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Check is in the mail for both leagues.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Check is in the mail (tomorrow...)

Let me know if we need another player - I know someone who might be interested.  I'll contact him if there's a spot open.

Link Posted: 7/31/2013 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Let me know if we need another player - I know someone who might be interested.  I'll contact him if there's a spot open.  
View Quote

Speaking from the treasurer's persepctive, I have heard from 10 of 12 owners. The only 2 that have not paid or contacted me yet are Lonestar Gunners and Berserkers. They are typically both last to join the league. I think we wait until at least August 7th before we begin to worry about them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2013 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Paid up bitches!

Get ready to get crushed this year...
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 10:16:37 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Speaking from the treasurer's persepctive, I have heard from 10 of 12 owners. The only 2 that have not paid or contacted me yet are Lonestar Gunners and Berserkers. They are typically both last to join the league. I think we wait until at least August 7th before we begin to worry about them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you IM Tom so that he can update the 'Paid' status on the first post?

Link Posted: 8/4/2013 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Sorry guys, been busy on all fronts. I'm in. IM me paypal info.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Sorry guys, been busy on all fronts. I'm in. IM me paypal info.
View Quote

IM sent
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 3:07:47 PM EDT
[#43]
time to update front page paid info  
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Payments updated -PLEASE UPDATE FRONT PAGE
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#45]
URGENT:

Since no one else is paying attention  ,
We have not heard from LoneStar Gunners (ar15bubba). I sent him an IM just now, hopefully he responds and gets in here. We need to be prepared in case he decides to bail or does not respond. He is an original owner so I would be surprised if he bails, but put it on your radar since the draft is less than a week away. We need an action plan and soon.

Thoughts?

Link Posted: 8/13/2013 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
URGENT:

We have not heard from LoneStar Gunners (ar15bubba). I sent him an IM just now, hopefully he responds and gets in here. We need to be prepared in case he decides to bail or does not respond. He is an original owner so I would be surprised if he bails, but put it on your radar since the draft is less than a week away. We need an action plan and soon.

Thoughts?

View Quote

I have been paying attention.  I updated the page to say that 11 have joined awhile ago.   I sent Lonestar the invites, but I don't know him at all.   If anyone has an alternate email address for him I can try that.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I have been paying attention.  I updated the page to say that 11 have joined awhile ago.   I sent Lonestar the invites, but I don't know him at all.   If anyone has an alternate email address for him I can try that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
URGENT:

Thoughts?

I wasn't singling you out PP. This is good information and I wish you would have posted it when you sent them. If you emailed/IM'd him and no response then we need to fill his postion ASAP.  The draft is less than a week away, so finding a fill in may be tough. Maybe you should post a  message saying there is an opening in the sports forum, if after a day no one bites, then do it in team. Save General for last.

Link Posted: 8/13/2013 10:59:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I wasn't singling you out PP. This is good information and I wish you would have posted it when you sent them. If you emailed/IM'd him and no response then we need to fill his postion ASAP.  The draft is less than a week away, so finding a fill in may be tough. Maybe you should post a  message saying there is an opening in the sports forum, if after a day no one bites, then do it in team. Save General for last.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
URGENT:

Thoughts?

Should I send him a PM and give him a day or two to respond with a firm deadline?  The invites were sent awhile ago.    I mistakingly thought somebody here might know him better and remind him.

ETA:  I just sent him a PM and told him we needed him to respond in the next day.   It shows he logged in today so hopefully he will see it soon.  I am surprised he hasn't checked here if he wants to do it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2013 8:04:36 AM EDT
[#49]
He is out, he replied to my IM. I am a little pissed he did not give us notice. This gives us 3 days to fill his spot.

I think at this point we need to make it clear in both leagues that any owner not paid up by August 1 is out, no ifs, and, or buts.

At this point as commish, I would post in Sports Forum and Team. There may be someone who wanted in, check the first page in this thread. Either way this needs to happen now.

EDIT: Eracer says he knows someone who may be interested in a previous post. I sent him an IM.
Link Posted: 8/14/2013 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
He is out, he replied to my IM. I am a little pissed he did not give us notice. This gives us 3 days to fill his spot.

I think at this point we need to make it clear in both leagues that any owner not paid up by August 1 is out, no ifs, and, or buts.

At this point as commish, I would post in Sports Forum and Team. There may be someone who wanted in, check the first page in this thread. Either way this needs to happen now.

EDIT: Eracer says he knows someone who may be interested in a previous post. I sent him an IM.
View Quote

A team member named pavlovwolf responded in the keeper thread that he wanted to participate.  I sent him a message asking if he wanted to take the spot here.  I told him we need to know ASAP.  

I don't have to work today so I will check in often.  If I don't hear from him within a couple of hours I will make the thread.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top