User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 7:23:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Dropped Stewart for Montoya.
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats really to bad about Tony. Him and his team have really gotten some momentum going only for this to happen.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey Wild

you are still licking my boot heels by 2 points and it better stay that way

I see your picks were all in top 13 good job

I was lucky with one driver only getting 1 point to get 153 points

AKA Hydro
View Quote

It seems as though shakleford1 you and I have been battling for position for quite a while now. And that 2 point for the segment, 12 for the total.

I wonder where Id be if it wasn't for this.

http://games.espn.go.com/stock-car-challenge/2013/en/entry?entryID=57979&spid=87
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be happy if I wind up in the top 10.

First year doing this, and made a few stupid mistakes , like picking drivers that weren't actually in the race hurt me. Of course, I've made some stupid mistakes that actually paid off as well. I had one where I forgot to change drivers that week, and one of them that I was gonna change won the race, and one of them I was gonna change also came in 3rd, and led a bunch of laps. So maybe it's almost even.

The first segment was where I hurt, but the second one was better. Hopefully, from here on out I'll get lucky. I moved up a few places from the first segment, so maybe that'll keep happening.

Some of you guys are on target every week pretty much. I have no illusions of doing more than breaking the top 10, but next year maybe I'll be up there with some of you hot shots.
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Losing Tony is bad for us but bad for our sport as well .
He is a colorful guy and was racing his best at the time of the accident .
It is an opportunity for another driver who Tony bests to come to the front and take his spot .
Who that driver is and who picks him for his team will pick up the points that the 14 gives up

AKA : Col.Sanders
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 11:14:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

First year doing this, and made a few stupid mistakes , like picking drivers that weren't actually in the race hurt me. Of course, I've made some stupid mistakes that actually paid off as well. I had one where I forgot to change drivers that week, and one of them that I was gonna change won the race, and one of them I was gonna change also came in 3rd, and led a bunch of laps. So maybe it's almost even.

The first segment was where I hurt, but the second one was better. Hopefully, from here on out I'll get lucky. I moved up a few places from the first segment, so maybe that'll keep happening.

Some of you guys are on target every week pretty much. I have no illusions of doing more than breaking the top 10, but next year maybe I'll be up there with some of you hot shots.
View Quote

You mean like, Danica?

Link Posted: 8/9/2013 1:40:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/10/2013 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You mean like, Danica?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean like, Danica?

lol, not exactly.

I picked Mark Martin in a race he wasn't running and left myself a big blank, only four drivers.

I did the same thing two other times, but luckily, once was with my cheap , throwaway pick.

I will pick Danica on the tracks like Indy and Daytona and the road courses for my cheap thrill pick.

Link Posted: 8/11/2013 3:04:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Guys I put up official pro and college football pick 'em games. Please join up and lets make it fun.

Pro is spread pick, college didn't have the option that I could see.

if you see anything I could do better, let me know. The rules are in the threads.
Link Posted: 8/11/2013 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

lol, not exactly.

I picked Mark Martin in a race he wasn't running and left myself a big blank, only four drivers.

I did the same thing two other times, but luckily, once was with my cheap , throwaway pick.

I will pick Danica on the tracks like Indy and Daytona and the road courses for my cheap thrill pick.

View Quote

Im just joshing you a little bit. I did the same thing with Martin at the beginning of the year.

I cant join you on the football leagues, Im just not a fan.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 1:53:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I dropped Smoke for his replacement driver Max Papis. Wish me luck.
View Quote

I had the same team as you, and didnt pick Max Papis.

Nice score.
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Come on old man, hold 'em off.

Martin used to be my favorite driver when he drove a Ford. Still like the guy. I would love to see him get a win today.

Link Posted: 8/30/2013 11:51:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Picking early and hoping for the best . Will be exciting to see who will make the chase
I cannot have another bad day or will be overtaken by one of you .
I will be out of town but my father _N_Law is a NASCAR fan so chances are I can watch

Col. Sanders
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm the same way. I had a horrible day at the end. At the beginning, I was up in the top 3-5, and nearly that for the first half, all of my drivers had led a lap but one. In the second half though, they started dropping.

I was moving up a spot or two each couple of races until week before last,, where so many got good picks, and this past week, where very few picked high, but still wound up better, or the same.

My goal is to get into the top ten by the end of the segment, but I don't think I'll get there.

It's still been fun, and who knows what the rest of the season holds.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Picking early and hoping for the best . Will be exciting to see who will make the chase
I will be out of town but my father _N_Law is a NASCAR fan so chances are I can watch

Col. Sanders
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Col. Sanders

Yep its a tough week when I get 128 and am happy with the outcome. Im gunning for you.

I actually didnt start my pick till today, still working on them.

Quoted:
I'm the same way. I had a horrible day at the end. At the beginning, I was up in the top 3-5, and nearly that for the first half, all of my drivers had led a lap but one. In the second half though, they started dropping.

I was moving up a spot or two each couple of races until week before last,, where so many got good picks, and this past week, where very few picked high, but still wound up better, or the same.

My goal is to get into the top ten by the end of the segment, but I don't think I'll get there.

Its just Bristol man, a crapshoot just like the plate races.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yep its a tough week when I get 128 and am happy with the outcome. Im gunning for you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Col. Sanders

Quoted:

Good luck today. I hope I do ok. lol

Oh, anyone else pick E Jr. , go ahead and drop him. I normally don't do that, but, I did pick him today.

The thing is, every time I pick him, he goes behind the wall early, wrecks, something. I've picked him about 5 times this year, and he's had a horrible day every time.

My picks.

Jimmy Johnson
Kyle Busch
Carl Edwards
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
AJ Allmendinger
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Good luck today. I hope I do ok. lol

Oh, anyone else pick E Jr. , go ahead and drop him. I normally don't do that, but, I did pick him today.

The thing is, every time I pick him, he goes behind the wall early, wrecks, something. I've picked him about 5 times this year, and he's had a horrible day every time.

My picks.

Jimmy Johnson
Kyle Busch
Carl Edwards
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
AJ Allmendinger
View Quote

Oh man wolf thats risky.

Ive had the same problems with Jr. myself, but he didnt even hit my radar this week, a 10th place car at best.

I drop drivers all the time. I dropped JJ today because I couldnt make my lineup work with him in it. I dont even look who I had last week, they all automatically get dropped as soon as I open the page. I redid my line up twice already today and will probably look at it again.

Good luck to you too man. You are doing much better than the start of the year.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I must have changed my line up 5 times to day guys that are going to make the cup to a line up where top 9 to 13 cause they have too finish

even looked at last nights nation wide final results

getting warmed up watching the trucks on fox1 road course
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#18]
NASCAR got it right .
Truex out Newman in and big fine for the cheaters @ Waltrip racing .
I had Newman on my team for that race and was feeling ripped off .
I can only imagine what people who are invested into these thing must have felt  about a guy throwing a race .
I think Bowyer got off too easy
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Remember all rosters are reset and you must select new drivers. Values will be up and some of your old cheap drivers won't be anymore.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Pick for last segment...
Jimmy Johnson
Kevin Harvick
Ryan Newman
Danica Patrick

Link Posted: 9/13/2013 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Started setting up a roster and all i can say is damn. Picking a tier 1 driver is gonna cost your ass.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Congrats to shackleford for winning the group
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Congrats to Shackleford.

I did better this year than last, and did better than I thought, but didn't crack the top 10 overall.

Can't wait until next season to do it all over again. Some of you guys really know how to pick them, but I hope to be in the top 7 next time. Top 5 is my goal, but I'll be happy with 7 considering the guys I'[m playing against.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#24]
12 years @ ESPN and now what?
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
12 years @ ESPN and now what?
View Quote

I have been looking for the page for the past few days and couldn't find it, am I missing something?
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:35:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Yep rumor is there is no longer a Stock Car challenge at ESPN. Now what?
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well that sucks.

I was looking forward to it this year.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Well that sucks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that sucks.

We'll figure something out, their are several places to play.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that sucks.

Just make sure to IM me.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 10:05:23 PM EDT
[#30]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1587988_.html&page=1&sr=0
if you have any input as to where you think we should go we are gonna discuss it here.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1587988_.html&page=1&sr=0
if you have any input as to where you think we should go we are gonna discuss it here.
View Quote

Posted a comment about the NASCAR.com Fantasy Live League on the thread above.  Very similar to the ESPN game.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 12:29:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Poll for host site for 2014 fantasy league

POLL
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#33]
For those who don't want to dig around and figure it out:

Nascar Fantasy Live http://fantasygames.nascar.com/live
arfcom15
boltface

need 3 more teams to be eligible for prizes
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top