Looks like the same setup as last year.

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:04:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in again this year!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#3]
We can run this in GD about a week before the race. Seems like there are only nine or ten of us who actually finish the season no matter how many join in.
Link Posted: 2/9/2013 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I took the year off last year but I'm in again this year
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 10:08:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Getting closer.

Picks lock at 1pm eastern Sunday.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:07:39 AM EDT
[#6]
in,
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 8:47:53 AM EDT
[#7]
IBTL

Link Posted: 2/24/2013 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I joined. Just threw together a racing team.

Never played fantasy racing so this should be an interesting season.

ETA*** Are there any ins/outs I should know about? Like I said.... never done fantasy racing and just created my team 5 minutes ago. spent the max dollar.....
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 11:05:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#11]
OP, can you bold one of the threads and make it the official page?

I'll post this one in the other one as well, so you'll see it. I don't know which one is official.

OK , I just saw the sticky thing. Still, if you'd bold it it would be easier on my old eyes, and maybe a few others.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Big group this year. Hope everyone remembered to pick their drivers.

Did you guys notice the salary cap rule change? If your drivers increase in value, your salary cap goes up too. Buy low, sell high.

Good. Similar to my fantasy soccer i'm playing.

Started out the season with 100 and now have my team at 105.5 with 1.5 in the bank.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Big group this year. Hope everyone remembered to pick their drivers.

Did you guys notice the salary cap rule change? If your drivers increase in value, your salary cap goes up too. Buy low, sell high.

Yep I bought low, none of my picks even made the chase last year.

I like the real time stats on the fantasy page. Till Edwards wrecked I was doing real good.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I didn't know about this thread.  Well......... here we go!
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Im pretty happy with 14th gambling on mediocre picks. Just waiting on driver value changes, that's where I was hoping to get ahead. Anybody know how to access that information right now?
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 10:57:26 AM EDT
[#17]
I didn't do half bad for my first day in Fantasy racing.

I picked the winner as my first driver.

What does the order of drivers have to do with anything? Do you get more points out of the driver in the 2nd spot than those in 3rd - 5th. I'm talking driver list order on the fantasy site. Not racing order.

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What does the order of drivers have to do with anything? Do you get more points out of the driver in the 2nd spot than those in 3rd - 5th. I'm talking driver list order on the fantasy site. Not racing order.

The order has like everything to do with points pretty much.

Last place 1 point First place 43 points.

If Tony Stewert wouldn't suck ass I would have done really good.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I asked the same question in the other thread and was told the order you choose them has nothing to do with it.  You add together the total points your picks accumulate.  The order you choose them doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#20]
^^^^^ hmmmmmm two very different answers.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 4:15:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The order you PUT them in your roster doesn't matter.

I misunderstood the question i believe.

Sorry.

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The order you PUT them in your roster doesn't matter.

I misunderstood the question i believe.

Sorry.

Okay. Thanks for the reply man!
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Just a reminder to anyone wanting to make a change to their lineup. I think I've changed mine too many times.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#24]
My wife is trying to join the goup and it says it's full.  What's up with that?
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Bump
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My wife is trying to join the goup and it says it's full.  What's up with that?

See your IM. Rosters lock an hour before the race starts.
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 1:21:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Well, I picked the winner for today, but with Danica crashing and one of the others in 20 ish, I fell back a bit.
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#28]
I think I should drop Danica, she may be the death of me.

Link Posted: 3/4/2013 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#29]
In order to improve my chances as well as Tony Stewart's I have dropped him from my team.  I believe I jinx him and I by having him on.  Look for him to make a run to the top.  Go Smoke!
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 6:01:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Just heard that the NRA to sponsor Texas NASCAR race in April

link

SI

Way to use all that new membership money

ARFCOM Thread
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Any interest in a attending / get together  for the Race in Ft . Worth in April
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You paying?  
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You paying?  

LOL!

Link Posted: 3/4/2013 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Nvm I do believe I had rather stay home and catch it on the tube .
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 9:39:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Nvm I do believe I had rather stay home and catch it on the tube .

Please click this.  

Link Posted: 3/5/2013 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#36]
No problem man I know U were just fooling about I thought about it after posting and realize I rather stay home
EDT . Yes Nightfalcon you should drop Danica before it is too late
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Wow this is a tough group to compete against. I was in the 49.8 % for my points this weak and I got 30th of 34 in this group. Im not doing too well.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 12:09:17 AM EDT
[#38]
For the Tony Stewart fans. I got to hang out in the pits before and during the Las Vegas race. He looks really fat on TV, but in person, he is a small guy.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#39]
182 today.  That's what I'm talking about!
I'm creeping up through the field boys.  From last to 21st.
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 7:11:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No problem man I know U were just fooling about I thought about it after posting and realize I rather stay home
EDT . Yes Nightfalcon you should drop Danica before it is too late

I think those guys who camp out on the infield against the fence and watch the race on tv at the same time have the right idea.  I love going to races (my wife and kids love it too) but sometimes it's so hard to know what's going on when you're in the stands.
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 7:15:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Just to help out the other guys in the top 10, here's some advise for this week.  

1.  JJ Yeley
2.  "Front row Joe"
3.  Danica
4.  MW
5.  Hamlin

You're welcome.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 7:30:34 AM EDT
[#42]
My picks today.

Johnson
Keselowski
K. Busch
Kennseth
Logano

Last week I got lucky enough to move from nearly last to middle of the pack. Don't know if it'll go that way this week.

Logano has been strong lately, he could be up near the front at the end. Keselowski has been really fast his year. Johnson, setting a record, hopefully his car will run that way all day and wasn't just a qual car setup. I don't think it is, he's been strong and he's good enough that he could qualify mid pack and move up to the front. Busch, never can count him out. On the fence about Kennseth, but today he might get lucky, or might get a top 5.

I started to add Jr, but I would have had to drop one of these guys. I have a feeling he'll show well today.
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My picks today.

Johnson
Keselowski
K. Busch
Kennseth
Logano

Last week I got lucky enough to move from nearly last to middle of the pack. Don't know if it'll go that way this week.

Logano has been strong lately, he could be up near the front at the end. Keselowski has been really fast his year. Johnson, setting a record, hopefully his car will run that way all day and wasn't just a qual car setup. I don't think it is, he's been strong and he's good enough that he could qualify mid pack and move up to the front. Busch, never can count him out. On the fence about Kennseth, but today he might get lucky, or might get a top 5.

I started to add Jr, but I would have had to drop one of these guys. I have a feeling he'll show well today.

pavlovwolf

I pick longo too, but the big question is will smoke let him finish the race?

Thoughts

Link Posted: 4/7/2013 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#44]
I'd honestly like to see Smoke fall to the back of the pack or go out early just to see what Logano can do.
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 11:06:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My picks today.

Johnson
Keselowski
K. Busch
Kennseth
Logano

pavlovwolf

I pick longo too, but the big question is will smoke let him finish the race?

Thoughts

Smoke is like that guy you work with that's a great guy, but you never want to go to a bar with because he's always looking for a reason to get pissed.  He'll find a reason and make an ass out of himself.  When the morning comes, he's over it (and is back to being a good guy) even if nobody else is.  

Point being, he IS a good guy (see his victory lane time from the Daytona Nationwide race this year) but can't control himself.  He throws temper tantrums like a 3yo and often is a hypocrite.  

He'll stay away from Logano.
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'd honestly like to see Smoke fall to the back of the pack or go out early just to see what Logano can do.

I find It hard to fall to the back of the pack being the track is only 1/2 mile in length

smoke starting at 26 position so he almost there

Link Posted: 4/7/2013 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Just to help out the other guys in the top 10, here's some advise for this week.  

1.  JJ Yeley
2.  "Front row Joe"
3.  Danica
4.  MW
5.  Hamlin

You're welcome.  

USMARINE

Or throw out one of them and pick Mike Bliss would help

Link Posted: 4/7/2013 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

1.  JJ Yeley
2.  "Front row Joe"
3.  Danica
4.  MW
5.  Hamlin

You're welcome.  

USMARINE

Or throw out one of them and pick Mike Bliss would help

I thought about it, but his record isn't very strong this year.  

Link Posted: 4/7/2013 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#49]
What's up with ESPN not showing me any points for Keselowski ?

It's not showing a position, current or start, and it isn't giving me points for that either. Every other driver I have is showing all data, and giving me points.

Anyone else getting that?
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Last week i picked somebody that didn't even qualify for the race.I am a dumb ass sometimes.

My picks.

All in the top 13 so far.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top