BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/27/2013 2:36:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Good win.

Yep, Chen was very impressive. With the insurance runs they picked up I would've let him go for the complete game.

By the way, check out this minor league home run that shatters one of the stadium lights. How pro is that?

http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.jsp?content_id=26581295&topic_id=&sid=t249&tcid=vpp_copy_26581295&v=3
Link Posted: 4/27/2013 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good win.

Yep, Chen was very impressive. With the insurance runs they picked up I would've let him go for the complete game.

By the way, check out this minor league home run that shatters one of the stadium lights. How pro is that?

http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.jsp?content_id=26581295&topic_id=&sid=t249&tcid=vpp_copy_26581295&v=3

That's great. Just the other day I was wondering if anything like that had ever happened.

Another O's win.
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I don't even know where to start.  So many opportunities wasted, burned through the bullpen and no days off between 3 series on the west coast.  They're going to have to bring some people up to eat up some innings, would be a good opportunity for Brittion & Bundy.

Would be nice to get 2nd base sorted out, Flarherty, Casilla or call up Schoop maybe?
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh my, what a dumpster fire TOR is right now.
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Did you guy see Brice Harper get tossed in the first inning yesterday?  I'm not a Nats fan but it was a bullshit ejection.  Harper showed frustration with an appeal to third on a check swing and was rung up.  Instead of ignoring Harper's frustration and acting somewhat professionally the umpire rose his arms and started to push him to argue.  Harper remained silent and just started to walk back to the dugout then tossed his helmet on the grass when the 3rd base ump ejected him.  Over 90ft away and he didn't even argue, such bullshit, players aren't allowed to show frustration anymore?  This is one of the Nats key players ejected in the 1st inning and could've had a serious effect on the game.

Umpires in baseball act like they're Gods among men, there are certain situations where ejections are appropriate but they need to act professionally and not try to incite arguments from otherwise quiet players.

Here's the video.

Hirschbeck having a hissy fit:

Link Posted: 5/6/2013 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did you guy see Brice Harper get tossed in the first inning yesterday?  I'm not a Nats fan but it was a bullshit ejection.  Harper showed frustration with an appeal to third on a check swing and was rung up.  Instead of ignoring Harper's frustration and acting somewhat professionally the umpire rose his arms and started to push him to argue.  Harper remained silent and just started to walk back to the dugout then tossed his helmet on the grass when the 3rd base ump ejected him.  Over 90ft away and he didn't even argue, such bullshit, players aren't allowed to show frustration anymore?  This is one of the Nats key players ejected in the 1st inning and could've had a serious effect on the game.

Umpires in baseball act like they're Gods among men, there are certain situations where ejections are appropriate but they need to act professionally and not try to incite arguments from otherwise quiet players.

Here's the video.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/John-Hirschbeck-Bryce-Harper.jpg

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/dam/assets/130505144032-harper-ejected-nats-pirates-single-image-cut.jpg

Yes. Total umpshow.
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Here's the video.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/John-Hirschbeck-Bryce-Harper.jpg

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/dam/assets/130505144032-harper-ejected-nats-pirates-single-image-cut.jpg

Had he not thrown his bat and helmet (thereby exposing his ultra-douchey haircut, which is an ejectable monstrosity alone), he wouldn't have been ejected. Still probably shouldn't have been ejected, though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 12:13:52 AM EDT
[#8]
O's are kicking ass and taking names.

Good to see Boston get demolished.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 2:42:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

AL East:
Boston       -
Baltimore    -
New York  1
Tampa      5.5
Toronto    8.5

Looks like JJ Hardy is heating up too.  2nd base is still a dead spot though. Flaherty plays great defense but his bat is horrible.  Casilla has more experience but isn't much better.  Would be interesting to see Schoop but I doubt they'd call him up early and have to do early arbitration.  

Rumor is the Phillies might be selling Cliff Lee and Utley if they keep going south.  The Orioles have plenty of prospect in the minors and with how well they're doing I think they could shell out some dough for them too.  Just speculating, or dreaming I don't know lol.  Do you think the Orioles would trade Schoop for something like this?  Obviously Gausman & Bundy would be off the table.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

AL East:
Boston       -
Baltimore    -
New York  1
Tampa      5.5
Toronto    8.5

Looks like JJ Hardy is heating up too.  2nd base is still a dead spot though. Flaherty plays great defense but his bat is horrible.  Casilla has more experience but isn't much better.  Would be interesting to see Schoop but I doubt they'd call him up early and have to do early arbitration.  

Rumor is the Phillies might be selling Cliff Lee and Utley if they keep going south.  The Orioles have plenty of prospect in the minors and with how well they're doing I think they could shell out some dough for them too.  Just speculating, or dreaming I don't know lol. Do you think the Orioles would trade Schoop for something like this?  Obviously Gausman & Bundy would be off the table.

Probably not. Anything is possible, though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

AL East:
Boston       -
Baltimore    -
New York  1
Tampa      5.5
Toronto    8.5

Rumor is the Phillies might be selling Cliff Lee and Utley if they keep going south.  The Orioles have plenty of prospect in the minors and with how well they're doing I think they could shell out some dough for them too.  Just speculating, or dreaming I don't know lol.  Do you think the Orioles would trade Schoop for something like this?  Obviously Gausman & Bundy would be off the table.

Rangers, Red Sox are probably the two AL contenders likely to spend for a front-line starter at the deadline.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 11:17:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rangers, Red Sox are probably the two AL contenders likely to spend for a front-line starter at the deadline.

You're right since they both trimmed the fat off their roster salary last year and look to be contending this year.  I obviously don't like Boston but what a great move freeing up all that money and keeping your key young players with Pedroia and Ellsbury.  Their pitching is really helping them right now though, I don't know how sustainable that is now that Buchholz can't cheat anymore. Low blow I know, I don't think he was seriously cheating.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Why can't the O's manage to sweep anyone?
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I really don't get it. But unpredictable pitching is the biggest problem, we really need a solid ace to be a rock in our rotation.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Here's the video.

Gotta show who's boss. Ump's have their fair share of assholes like any other profession.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I feel sorry for baseball fans who haven't gotten the opportunity to watch Miguel Cabrera day in and day out. This man is an absolutely incredible hitter. Power, RBI, and average that are all three as good as if not better than any hitter in baseball.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 12:21:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I feel sorry for baseball fans who haven't gotten the opportunity to watch Miguel Cabrera day in and day out. This man is an absolutely incredible hitter. Power, RBI, and average that are all three as good as if not better than any hitter in baseball.

Agreed, the best hitter currently in baseball.  The MVP wasn't much of a question for me last year.

Quoted:

No one knows how to sweep
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, the best hitter currently in baseball.  The MVP wasn't much of a question for me last year.

Quoted:

No one knows how to sweep
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/942834_417951364970909_1549245974_n.jpg

I'm not complaining. I'll take 2 out of 3 every series all season long, but a sweep would be great. Especially against the Yankees or Red Sox.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Oh my, what a dumpster fire TOR is right now.
They got all the crap, money does not buy championships, its chemistry with a starting rotation that is bulletproof. Or ask the Oriole Hangout crowd , they would love to dig up Earl weaver and his 3 run homerun

Link Posted: 5/12/2013 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Here's the video.

I ump 4 times a week and I can side with the umps. Sometimes things are brewing innings past and games prior. And you have to control the game. I have umpired games in NYC and there were neighborhoods where I did not take off my mask, I have had warm up balls thrown at my head. Check swings/strike swings are the responsibility of the base umps. Judgement can not be argued. As an ump I am expected to take verbal abuse and be perfect all the time. I make mistakes too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Or ask the Oriole Hangout crowd , they would love to dig up Earl weaver and his 3 run homerun

"Pitching, defense, and the three-run homer."

I'm okay with steeling 2nd if there's two outs and you have a decent lead off batter at the plate.  Or if you have Nate Mclouth.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or ask the Oriole Hangout crowd , they would love to dig up Earl weaver and his 3 run homerun

"Pitching, defense, and the three-run homer."

I'm okay with steeling 2nd if there's two outs and you have a decent lead off batter at the plate.  Or if you have Nate Mclouth.

Preach on, brother!
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 11:22:53 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#25]
O's got screwed on a foul ball ruled a HR against the Rays and just got screwed by a terrible safe call on a pick off against the Yanks. The fix is in.
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Just got screwed again. 1st base ump is a Yankees fan.
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just got screwed again. 1st base ump is a Yankees fan.

Bad call. That was masterful by Gardner on the tag though.

Good back and forth game.

5-4 Yanks! Woo!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 10:22:50 PM EDT
[#28]
sup with your closer, yo?
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
sup with your closer, yo?

Meh.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 12:33:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, so no more baseball talk for now.  Red wings are up on the Black hawks 2 games to 1 though.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 12:50:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Vogelsong broke his hand getting hit while swinging at a pitch. #NLproblems
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#34]

Bad calls, when I make one and I have made a lot, I try to balance it out and give a break to the other team
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 10:36:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Bad calls, when I make one and I have made a lot, I try to balance it out and give a break to the other team

Both calls were in the Yankees favor but fortunately didn't effect the game's outcome.  After both of those calls he called a strike on Adam Jones on a borderline check swing.  

The Oriole's got one their way tonight at first, but it was a different umpire.
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 12:01:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Awesome walk off by Nate Mclouth.  My sources say Kevin Gausman will be starting against the Blue Jays this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#37]
This Orioles/Yankees game is dildos so far tonight.
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 10:57:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Dildos?

And it's official, Orioles on are a winning streak
Link Posted: 5/24/2013 7:57:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

See:

Quoted:

That's dildos.
Link Posted: 5/24/2013 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#40]
I like Strop, we know how good he can be.  But I couldn't help but lol at this:

Link Posted: 5/24/2013 8:50:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/24/2013 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#42]

Cabrera is the best hitter in baseball, bar none.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#43]
oye, another mega meltdown from Jim Johnson.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/26/2013 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/27/2013 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#46]
The O's and Nats are on the same channel (MASN and MASN2), when they play each other they have 1 of the regular announcers for each. The Nats announcers are such morons. I cannot stand those 2 idiots they have.
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Arggg, I hate rain delays.  What am I supposed to do with my life?  Now do I watch Philly & Boston or Tampa & Miami?  Everything else is delayed and the Red wings don't play until tomorrow

Quoted:
The O's and Nats are on the same channel (MASN and MASN2), when they play each other they have 1 of the regular announcers for each. The Nats announcers are such morons. I cannot stand those 2 idiots they have.

They are pretty annoying, I saw people complaining about them on O's fan page on facebook too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Nice rally cap, Jonesy.

Link Posted: 6/3/2013 9:49:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Wow did not expect to find so much O's chatter in here.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Wow did not expect to find so much O's chatter in here.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top