Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/5/2013 5:22:33 PM EDT
Its 2013 now, time for a new thread.

Cardinals havent made many changes at all, they're mostly banking on the health of their starting rotation.

If the 2013 World Series isnt played between the Angels and Dodgers, heads will roll in November.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:43:41 AM EDT
[#1]
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/lance-berkman-accepts-one-contract-designated-hitter-role-222745430--mlb.html

Lance Berkman signs a one year deal to DH for the Rangers with a club option for '14.

I couldnt have any more baseball respect for the way he played on the field and in the clubhouse. Thanks for giving Stlouis one of your best years in 2011, Lance Berkman will always be a Cardinal hero for October 2011.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 7:16:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/lance-berkman-accepts-one-contract-designated-hitter-role-222745430--mlb.html

Lance Berkman signs a one year deal to DH for the Rangers with a club option for '14.

I couldnt have any more baseball respect for the way he played on the field and in the clubhouse. Thanks for giving Stlouis one of your best years in 2011, Lance Berkman will always be a Cardinal hero for October 2011.

I completely agree. Although his tenure was short in St. Louis, he definitely made his mark. Can't wait for baseball season to start back up.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Tigers should be fun to watch.

Mike Illitch has spent a fortune over the last couple of years on players and if the chemistry is there, we should have a solid team.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this a hint telling I should get the 5th Annual Which Manager Will Be Fired Thread up and running?

13 Drill Sergeant!  
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:41:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I can dig it.

Go O's!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:04:57 AM EDT
[#6]
The Braves will win the 2013 World Series!  

You heard it here first!!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#7]
RIP Earl Weaver.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Go Braves!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Stan "The Man" Musial died yesterday.

You can look at his raw numbers and its easy to see he was one of the greatest players in history, but to know what Stan Musial really was all about, was to know his humility, kindness, friendliness. He stood for everything a professional athlete should, he was the greatest Cardinal of all time, and he will be missed very much.

Thanks Stan, God Bless, and rest in peace. We will all miss you so much.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130119&content_id=41044576&vkey=news_stl&c_id=stl
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:10:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Stan was one of those "once in a lifetime" individuals. He had a a huge impact on and off the field. He will be deeply missed.

I hope to see a #6 on Cardinal's jerseys this season to honor his legacy. Stan deserves it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I hope to see a #6 on Cardinal's jerseys this season to honor his legacy. Stan deserves it.

I concur.

I remember being a kid and sitting in the upper deck at old Busch stadium watching a game and he walked right in front of me with some other people, they were checking out the new hand operated scoreboard they put up that also had retired numbers and WS flags up. I think I'll always remember seeing him up close just walk by like he was no big deal.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 12:49:09 AM EDT
[#12]
redbirds fans talking baseball in january. gotta love it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Nats going all the way this year. WORLD SERIES OR BUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/24/2013 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Pt1

Pt2

Couple mlb pieces about Stan the Man.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Go Braves!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 10:38:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Go Astros!
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 8:12:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Another season of probable disappointment.........

Go METS

and

Go RAYS.

Although there is a small comfort in knowing how your season will likely end up in January.

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 12:58:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Go Redbirds!  

If anyone knows about some sleepers on your favorite team (fantasy) let me know.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm will be rooting for my Yankees, but I really want the bats to win for some reason.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 2:45:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't be jelly. Blame Angelos for being the worst owner in sports
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Carpenter unlikely to pitch in 2013.

Son of a bitch.

Time for the young arms to step up, I just hope their offense will be more consistent in scoring runs.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#24]
You know no one is more upset than Carpenter. He's a competitor through and through.

I have just the utmost respect for his drive and will to pitch.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 10:30:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Does the bad blood between Reds and Cards fans exist in real life, or just on the espn boards?
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 11:06:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Does the bad blood between Reds and Cards fans exist in real life, or just on the espn boards?

Its real

Phillips and Cueto are fucking cunts.
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't be jelly. Blame Angelos for being the worst owner in sports

Not jealous of the Nationals. And I can't argue with Angelos being one of the worst owners in sports, he's not THE worst, though.
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 2:31:39 AM EDT
[#29]
IN, bitches! Eat a fattie, Los Angeles.

Link Posted: 2/12/2013 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Is there an ARFcom fantasy baseball league? Anyone interested in it?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 12:04:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Don't think there is one, but I'm already in two, which is my max for fantasy baseball leagues.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:23:41 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm an Orioles guy, pretty excited for this season.

Winning the AL EAST would be so awesome. I can hope, they got pretty close last season.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 12:03:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Winning the AL EAST would be so awesome. I can hope, they got pretty close last season.

Like the Rangers, you guys should have done more in FA. I think it's asking a lot for the bullpen to not suffer any regression this season. I have Toronto and Boston finishing 1-2 in the East, but I think the O's will be in the mix again this season.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#34]
i just dont see the blue jays gelling that quickly. they may have a decent season but i think the o's are on the rise and have more passion. i think it is good to see these smaller teams being competitive again! i love it when the big teams are felled by teams with heart! i am a die hard detroit fan and know what it is like to be relevant after being a laughing stock. but as everyone knows spending money does not equal winning teams! it does help though. go tigers!
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 12:11:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
i just dont see the blue jays gelling that quickly. they may have a decent season but i think the o's are on the rise and have more passion. i think it is good to see these smaller teams being competitive again! i love it when the big teams are felled by teams with heart! i am a die hard detroit fan and know what it is like to be relevant after being a laughing stock. but as everyone knows spending money does not equal winning teams! it does help though. go tigers!

I dunno if gelling even matters with the talent they brought in. Dickey, Morrow, Johnson, Buehrle, Romero as their rotation...and a brutal top half of the order that will churn out a ton of runs.

Reyes
Melky
Bautista
Encarnacion
Lawrie
Rasmus
Arencibia
Lind
Izturis/Bonifacio

Link Posted: 2/19/2013 8:22:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno if gelling even matters with the talent they brought in. Dickey, Morrow, Johnson, Buehrle, Romero as their rotation...and a brutal top half of the order that will churn out a ton of runs.

Reyes
Melky
Bautista
Encarnacion
Lawrie
Rasmus
Arencibia
Lind
Izturis/Bonifacio

That right there still breaks my heart.

Link Posted: 2/19/2013 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm interested.  New thread?

I used Yahoo Citizen Sports the last two years, but they pulled the plug.  Yahoo has stepped up with their own.

Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#38]
lucky_day... the problem with big names is big ego. once those guys figure who is who they should be good. i am all for the blue jays knocking out yanks! i just dont know how soon. look at the bosox, marlins, phils, and such. no production and they were dismantled in favor of chemistry. look at detroit, they were supposed to murder last year and barely got their act together at the end. they also benefited from a weak division. bring on the big giants because there are a few davids coming to knock them down! baseball is near!
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
lucky_day... the problem with big names is big ego. once those guys figure who is who they should be good. i am all for the blue jays knocking out yanks! i just dont know how soon. look at the bosox, marlins, phils, and such. no production and they were dismantled in favor of chemistry. look at detroit, they were supposed to murder last year and barely got their act together at the end. they also benefited from a weak division. bring on the big giants because there are a few davids coming to knock them down! baseball is near!

All of their stars except Lawrie are Hispanic, and seem to have a very loose demeanor...the Jays will have a tight-knit clubhouse. You don't bring in established veteran leaders like Dickey and Buehrle and end up having a bunch of assholes running the team. John Gibbons is a bit of a hothead as a manager, but he should have the horses to not let the pressure build up in the clubhouse (prolonged losing streaks).

The Sox hated Bobby V and stars underperformed in that environment, and nothing needs to be said about Ozzie in Miami and lazy team leaders like Hanley Ramirez. The Phillies core simply got old, and were ravaged by injury. Detroit is a good comp, actually. They underperformed most of last season. But it wasn't a cohesion problem, as you are suggesting. I think the Tigers and Angels are the best two teams in the AL on paper, but the Jays are going to be good.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 12:47:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#42]

Zimmerman's locker, courtesy of Ross Detwiler

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#43]
this is why he is the best hitter in baseball...check out how quick his hands are

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=25619541&source=MLB&gid=2013_02_25_detmlb_phimlb_1
Link Posted: 3/2/2013 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Phillies enough said. ( yes we have no outfield) but if rumors begin to prove true for GS then we are set.
Link Posted: 3/26/2013 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm a huge O's fan as well. Pretty excited about this year, I think Chris Davis and Manny Machado will be remarkable as everyday starters. I would've like to see them grab someone with the money they have saved with Mark Reynolds.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't think there is one, but I'm already in two, which is my max for fantasy baseball leagues.

I'm down.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#46]
David Price is struggling.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 4:30:49 PM EDT
[#47]
If the Rangers continue to play as poorly and uninspired as they did Sunday, and if Ron Washington's inability to adapt continue, he wont make the end of the season.  Nor should he.  And I like Wash.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#48]
O's doing nicely!
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
O's doing nicely!

Chris Davis goes boom!

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 5:40:55 PM EDT
[#50]

Pitching around Wieters to face Davis. Lose-lose situation.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top