Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Since he declard I personally would have let him in, but I do understand the rational behing holding the line. Im good either way and just think you are doing this so I dont kick your asses again with another autodraft team
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 11:05:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I feel like I'm watching an episode of Real World or something.

So showmeballer is out.

Now we need a replacement GM.  I ask again: do we let the replacement GM pick two keepers from showmeballer's roster?

I sure as hell wouldn't join an existing keeper league as a replacement GM when I wasn't allowed to select keepers from the inherited roster.

Larnmaster hasn't bitched about it yet, and maybe he won't.  OTOH, maybe he'll leave the league too.

Was the payment deadline 7/31 as well?  Are there any other GMs that need replacing?

This is ridiculous.

I don't know...It seems weird to me that someone would get keepers from a roster they didn't earn.  If we were going to do that I think SMB should just get to keep his.  I think someone who is completely new should have to find their own Cam Newton.  I didn't pick Sproles thinking I would keep him.... I didn't even think he would start on my team.  

I don't mind going with the majority though.  I'm not saying any of this because I am hoping to get one of his players.  Like I said, I think Cam would go for more than I would pay.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 6:05:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Now we need a replacement GM.  I ask again: do we let the replacement GM pick two keepers from showmeballer's roster?

I sure as hell wouldn't join an existing keeper league as a replacement GM when I wasn't allowed to select keepers from the inherited roster.

Good question. I don't know.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 7:56:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm gonna keep this short.

1. We agreed this league would make decisions based on majority, and it seems like the marjority wants to let this slide. If that is the majority then so be it. Tell SMB we will allow him to keep the 2 players he mentioned in the post.
2. Larnmaster will be given the same opportunity when he returns next week.
3. I want to mak sure this is perfectly clear. Ensuring a league is "fun" and ignoring rules that are blantantly posted in several areas over different time periods are not one in the same. Anyone who thinks it is has some maturing to do.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

1. We agreed this league would make decisions based on majority, and it seems like the marjority wants to let this slide. If that is the majority then so be it. Tell SMB we will allow him to keep the 2 players he mentioned in the post.

3. I want to mak sure this is perfectly clear. Ensuring a league is "fun" and ignoring rules that are blantantly posted in several areas over different time periods are not one in the same. Anyone who thinks it is has some maturing to do.

The only reason I think that some leeway is a good idea is that this is a first year league and the keeper process is new and unfamiliar.

I would not be in favor of letting keeper deadline violations slide in perpetuity.

Are there any other GMs that didn't declare any keepers?

Link Posted: 8/2/2012 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The only reason I think that some leeway is a good idea is that this is a first year league and the keeper process is new and unfamiliar.

I would not be in favor of letting keeper deadline violations slide in perpetuity.

Only three.....   Mavericks, Larnmaster, and Mag Dump.   I believe Mavericks said he did so by choice though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree with Tom.

I joined the league to have fun, but I don't view it as a "fun" league like I would if it was with my buddies.  I'm usually a stickler for rules, but I think a little leeway in the beginning is OK.  I definitely don't think it should be allowed next year.  

Sandy, you are still the commish correct?  Just want to make sure I'm still sending the money to you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree with Tom.

I joined the league to have fun, but I don't view it as a "fun" league like I would if it was with my buddies.  I'm usually a stickler for rules, but I think a little leeway in the beginning is OK.  I definitely don't think it should be allowed next year.  

Sandy, you are still the commish correct?  Just want to make sure I'm still sending the money to you.

Yes....for now.

Couple of things....

1. We may not even get SMB to stay, I am sure he is butt hurt and will probably not stay in just for spite.
2. While I realize what you guys are saying in regards to this being a new league, the point is:
      A. The information was posted on 3 seperate occaisons for all to see
B. Was posted on the Yahoo home page in our league and you could not get past it unless you went out of your way
      C. The season is fast approaching, as an owner stay current with your fucking league at least 60 days before kick off. Is that so fucking hard to ask?

Again the criteria you guys are using to determine if a league is "fun" or not is truly fucked up.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#10]
And what is your criteria?
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Not sure...but I can tell you what it does not include and that is breaking rules. I don't give a shit how much fun a league is, rules are there for a reason.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Just putting another option out there...

Go the "college professor" route. Deadline was set for homework, student didn't hand it in til the next day. He gets points taken off but the homework is still accepted.

SMB can keep the players he chose but have to sacrifice an extra $5 for them each due to his mistake?

FWIW, I agree that if rules are stated then they should be followed. I'm just putting another option on the table.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree with Tom.

Yes....for now.

Couple of things....

1. We may not even get SMB to stay, I am sure he is butt hurt and will probably not stay in just for spite.
2. While I realize what you guys are saying in regards to this being a new league, the point is:
      A. The information was posted on 3 seperate occaisons for all to see
B. Was posted on the Yahoo home page in our league and you could not get past it unless you went out of your way
      C. The season is fast approaching, as an owner stay current with your fucking league at least 60 days before kick off. Is that so fucking hard to ask?

Again the criteria you guys are using to determine if a league is "fun" or not is truly fucked up.

Says the guy who was ready to trash his dream league less than 24hrs ago.  

You just don't get it,  I didn't blatantly ignore any of your posts about the deadline,  I just didn't see any of them.  This is my fault for sure, but like you mentioned already, I also have a lot of shit going on in my real life (my first child is on the way)  so I didn't check this thread that often. I wrongly assumed that everyone was to announce their keepers in the thread by the 31st, not enter them into Yahoo by that date.   These are the only two leagues that I have ever been in that start talking football in June, so I just didn't think much about logging into the Yahoo team page so soon.

You basically telling me to get fucked is what I do have a problem with.  Your unwillingness to even try to understand my point of view and what happened is where my issue lies.  You and Gobblin acted as if I never declared my keepers and I should be punished without any second thought for not following "the rules" you set forth for a make believe game.  

I've never missed a draft, am active in both threads / leagues once the season begins, pay my dues, and am generally an all around nice guy.  
If I was just some random new guy, I could understand not being given a second chance or shown no mercy, sweep the leg.  

Running a fantasy league can be tough, but it's even tougher when you try and rule it with an iron fist with no leniency.  This is why I wanted out of the league, you showed me that you were going to be the kind of Commish that I didn't want to deal with for years to come.    If me requesting an easy fix to an honest mistake 32 days away from the draft causes you to almost trash the league and throw insults my way,  then you really might not be able to handle this type of thing.  

Your sentence in red is the most disturbing part,  you don't seem to realize that this is just a pretend game for fun and a little bit of $$ and that most of us don't eat, breathe, and sleep fantasy football.  

Based on some of your posts over the last couple of days, I am probably just way too laid back for your liking.  Threatening to trash the league while saying I'm a crybaby and  need to mature just shows how emotionally invested you are in all this.   Throw in the fact that you actually think I would leave the league out of spite just proves that you take all this shit way too seriously.  

If you can bite your lip and bend the rules for me without any other new punishments you can think of, then I will stay. Otherwise, I look forward to going up against you in the Classic League.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Can we get a mod to delete the last two pages of this thread now, please?

Link Posted: 8/2/2012 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#15]
My son, who is also in this league hit the nail on the head when he said I let my emotion get the better of me and perhaps I did, but it was for a good reason. What you fail to mention SMB is the email you sent me before all this started. I don't like to be threatened or given ultimatiums and that is exactly what you did and from that point I was furious. You said if I don't grant your choices then you want your money back. Excuse me?  We already discussed last year before forming this league that any owner who had issues would leave or be kicked and not be entitled to a refund. You hit a nerve with me and I was done talking at that point.

That was then, this is now. I am 45 years old, I have a feeling you are a bit younger than me. That said let's agree to disagree on what we consider important, mature or responsible. And I don't mean that as an insult but rather that I do remember being 20 something myself.

As for my investment in this league, I could walk away tomorrow -it would not bother me one bit. You have seriously misread my anger for passion. Tom pissed me off and I was merely telling him to take over or if he wanted, to simply close the league. There are hundreds of big money leagues I can join without drama.

All that said, the majority here want to act as if this never happened and I am fine with that. Let's move the fuck on. I enjoy having you in both of the leagues and it was never my intention to force you out, only to enforce the rules, but you pushed my button with that email sir. Nuff said.  If I had not made sure to post all over the place and Yahoo had not put in right in your face when you sign in I would have been more forgiving since this is the first "keeper" year. A keeper league is a lot of work to commish, any one not believe that can take over. I had to go back in now and change eveything. Which I will gladly do to keep you in our league SMB.

Let's agree that Larnmaster the jackass that he is will be given the same courtesy when he returns. And no I am not calling him while he is away with family. He will be back Monday.

Know this SMB, I will be kicking your ass when we meet. And I can even forsee a nice side bet if you're man enough

Link Posted: 8/2/2012 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#16]
You can blame Cock Gobbler for that e-mail btw...he pushed my buttons with all that shit out of luck talk.  

What kind of side bet are we talking about?  
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Cam Newton gets high on his own farts anyway...........
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You can blame Cock Gobbler for that e-mail btw...he pushed my buttons with all that shit out of luck talk.  

If I beat you, you name your kid after me  
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit just got real.

Link Posted: 8/2/2012 9:25:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit just got real.

Yeah, don't think Mrs SMB would like that one very much.    I'll give you until midnight 8/31 to think of something.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit just got real.

Could you imagine the salt in that wound 20 years later?

SMB's Son: "Dad, how decide on my name?"
SMB:" A bad fantasy football bet son...fucking Sandman......."
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Sandy - PayPal transfer finally cleared so the money has been sent.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
the only thing that will help heal these wounds..

pics of yo wife

Mine?  I guess I did say I would post one up.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 12:57:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Here ya go.

Link Posted: 8/3/2012 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 8/3/2012 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#27]
You guys are doing alright.

Link Posted: 8/3/2012 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You guys are doing alright.

I've got no complaints.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
i meant naked pics

I have an underwater boob/swimsuit shot I took with the waterproof camera but I won't be posting that one.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 3:43:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
please

Not happening.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#34]
First off, I'm glad this league didn't implode on itself. Our "keeper" league has great promise to be an outstanding league for years to come where we can battle it out as buds and have fun every late summer and fall. I'm very happy every one of our owners is sticking with it.

Having said that, I agree wholeheartedly with Sandypants on the rules thingy. Sure, we want to have "fun," but what's the point of having "fun" when rules, deadlines, and shit like that don't really mean anything? Personally, I think that it's the rules we have that make this so much fun. After all, a fantasy football league is only as good as the structure you put in place to govern the league and I thought we had a very fair, very equitable system that was repeatedly advertised on multiple fronts, making it quite difficult to miss. Apparently when you aren't paying attention it doesn't matter how big the letters are or how many times the words are posted.

While I'm truly glad that SMB is back in, I'm not thrilled about what we've done, because I fear that we've essentially green-lighted every owner from this point forward to make a stink and demand his money back when he misses a deadline or somehow breaks a rule. Will it happen again? Only time will tell but we've sure done our part to grease those skids.

Someone mentioned in a recent thread about allowing people to pick their keepers after the "deadline," but only with a points penalty. I kinda like that. Say, for an extra $5 you can take another week to choose your keepers. Perhaps we can vote on this proposal.

Again, I have high hopes for this league I and hope we haven't set it up for failure by bending the rules so early in the game.

Link Posted: 8/6/2012 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

First off, I'm glad this league didn't implode on itself. Our "keeper" league has great promise to be an outstanding league for years to come where we can battle it out as buds and have fun every late summer and fall. I'm very happy every one of our owners is sticking with it.

Having said that, I agree wholeheartedly with Sandypants on the rules thingy. Sure, we want to have "fun," but what's the point of having "fun" when rules, deadlines, and shit like that don't really mean anything? Personally, I think that it's the rules we have that make this so much fun. After all, a fantasy football league is only as good as the structure you put in place to govern the league and I thought we had a very fair, very equitable system that was repeatedly advertised on multiple fronts, making it quite difficult to miss. Apparently when you aren't paying attention it doesn't matter how big the letters are or how many times the words are posted.

While I'm truly glad that SMB is back in, I'm not thrilled about what we've done, because I fear that we've essentially green-lighted every owner from this point forward to make a stink and demand his money back when he misses a deadline or somehow breaks a rule. Will it happen again? Only time will tell but we've sure done our part to grease those skids.

Someone mentioned in a recent thread about allowing people to pick their keepers after the "deadline," but only with a points penalty. I kinda like that. Say, for an extra $5 you can take another week to choose your keepers. Perhaps we can vote on this proposal.

Again, I have high hopes for this league I and hope we haven't set it up for failure by bending the rules so early in the game.

ar15bubba was late with his payment in the classic league.

Should I have Sandman refund his money and kick him out of the league?  He certainly can't claim a lack of familiarity with the workings of the league.

In this case, it was a first year thing.  I for one will not be an advocate for accommodation next year (or any year after that) if somebody forgets to set their keepers for real.

I don't think we're setting ourselves up for failure here, and I don't expect this particular issue to come up again in future years.

Link Posted: 8/6/2012 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
In this case, it was a first year thing.  I for one will not be an advocate for accommodation next year (or any year after that) if somebody forgets to set their keepers for real.

I don't think we're setting ourselves up for failure here, and I don't expect this particular issue to come up again in future years.

I hope you're right.

Link Posted: 8/6/2012 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Someone mentioned in a recent thread about allowing people to pick their keepers after the "deadline," but only with a points penalty.
I kinda like that. Say, for an extra $5 you can take another week to choose your keepers. Perhaps we can vote on this proposal.

<––––––––––- that was this smart guy.

Hmm...maybe I should reconsider and keep Jordy Nelson then for only $5?
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#38]
waiting on Larnmaster's keepers.

All owners should be looking at the first page, about 5 posts down where I discuss the rules and things we need to accomplish before the draft. I can't lock keepers and make them perm until Larnmaster stops jerking off and gets me his keepers, then we need to make a few more decisons -WHICH SHOULD BE DONE SOONER THAN LATER.
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

All owners should be looking at the first page, about 5 posts down where I discuss the rules and things we need to accomplish before the draft. I can't lock keepers and make them perm until Larnmaster stops jerking off and gets me his keepers, then we need to make a few more decisons

O RLY?

Like what?

You know, you can edit the OP.  

Link Posted: 8/7/2012 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

All owners should be looking at the first page, about 5 posts down where I discuss the rules and things we need to accomplish before the draft. I can't lock keepers and make them perm until Larnmaster stops jerking off and gets me his keepers, then we need to make a few more decisons

O RLY?

Like what?

You know you been on my shit list and I guess you want to stay there for a while?

Link Posted: 8/7/2012 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

O RLY?

Like what?

You know you been on my shit list and I guess you want to stay there for a while?

Seriously.  What decisions need to be made between locking keepers and the auction?

Link Posted: 8/7/2012 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Approve Keeper Players (I can do this solo)
After the keeper deadline passes the commissioner can use the Confirm Keepers tool to review the keepers submitted by each team, change them if needed to comply with league rules, and approve the league's keeper selections, publishing the results. The commissioner is required to complete this step prior to a live draft, or the draft will fail to run. If the commissioner changes any of the team's keepers, this change will be noted in a transaction to improve league communication and discourage unethical changes by the commissioner.

Edit Draft Order & Assign Keeper Players (I can do this solo)
Perhaps the most important keeper-related tool is the Custom Draft Order tool. Any keeper league eventually ends up depending on this tool, even if they did not choose to use the previous tools on our site to declare their keepers. It serves purposes:

After setting a custom draft order, (not sure this applies to our league as we are using the auction)
the commissioner can set the order of team picks in each round. This is essential for leagues that want to base the draft order on the order of finish from the previous season or some other custom method.
Once the base order is set, decide whether the draft order repeats each round, or "snakes", reversing direction each round. Keeper leagues often use a repeating rather than snaking draft order.
If a renewed league allowed for draft pick trading the previous year, the commissioner can choose to import those traded picks and apply them to the base draft order.
If a league used our keeper management tools to select keepers, the commission can choose where keepers will be placed in the draft. Keepers can be automatically added as the first or last picks for each team or the commissioner can manually apply keepers to any picks.

The commissioner can reassign any individual pick to a different team as needed. This allows for any amount of customization for leagues with rules we can't automatically support. For example, if your league allows trades and trading of draft picks when the Yahoo! fantasy game is offseason, the commissioner can reassign those traded picks that Yahoo! is unaware of.
The commissioner can then pre-select any player into any pick. Since any player can be slotted into any pick, it allows the commissioner total control over how the selection of keepers impacts a team's draft position.
Assign Auction Keeper Players

While the custom draft order tool lives at the heart of keeper leagues that do a standard draft, it doesn't apply to leagues that do an auction draft, which has no notion of draft order. For auction leagues, there is a separate tool to Assign Auction Keeper Players. This allows the commissioner to add keepers and their costs to teams before the auction begins.

Keeper Costs (I am assuming this is where I simply add the 5.00 to each keeper?)
While Yahoo! does not have a particular idea what it means for a player to have a cost and does nothing to try to enforce or do calculations based on those costs, it can still be very useful for a keeper league to see such costs in-game. The Set Keeper Costs tool allows that to happen. For standard draft leagues, the commissioner can enter any numeric value for all keeper players, and indicate that these values should be visible within the game. This includes places like the full roster view, the trade flow, and so on. For auction leagues, the tool can be used in the same way, or a special option can be chosen to simply use the auction purchase prices as the player costs within the game.

Keeper Player Status ?
Since leagues may have rules designating when a player loses his cost or keeper status, the Keeper Player Status tool allows a league to automate some of that management problem. It first allows the commissioner to decide whether keeper status should be visible throughout the game. If visible, then it allows the commissioner to designate whether several conditions should remove a player's status as a keeper player, and stop displaying them as a keeper. In particular, a league can be configured to remove keeper status if a player:

Is traded
Is dropped from a team and claimed off waivers by another team
Is dropped from a team and clears waivers, becoming a free agent
Any or all conditions can be selected/unselected.

Allow Draft Pick Trades not applicable?
Since many keeper leagues are enriched by the ability to trade draft picks, we now allow leagues to be configured to allow the trading of draft picks for the following season. Whether or not this is allowed is configured by a single setting in the League Settings tool. For leagues that allow traded picks, the following items apply:

Any trades involving picks must involve an equal number of picks going in each direction
Picks can only be traded for the following season
Once any picks have been traded, the feature cannot be turned off
A new page/tool is available to summarize which picks have been traded
Adding Keepers to Your League
Prior to this season, commissioners needed to track keepers offline and import them when they used the Edit Draft Order & Assign Keeper Players tool. Now, if a commissioner would like to manage the process of declaring keepers within the game, they can do so as follows:

Renew the league from the previous season (already done, agreed?)
Populate all teams by reinviting managers or inviting new users to own the teams via the Invite Friends Tool
Finalize the team list
Enable keeper management tools using the Edit Keeper Settings tool
Set a Keeper Declaration Deadline leaving enough time to process the submitted keepers before the live draft
Once the Keeper Declaration Deadline passes, review all submitted keepers using the Approve Keeper Players tool. Make any changes necessary to adhere to your league's rules.
Keepers can then be automatically added as the first or last draft picks or manually added anywhere in the draft when setting up a custom draft order using the Edit Draft Order & Assign Keeper Players
Adding Traded Draft Picks Into Your League
If your league enabled the trading of draft picks in the previous season, when you use the Edit Draft Order & Assign Keeper Players tool, you'll be given the option to add the traded picks into the draft order. You do need to avoid conditions that would make it impossible to safely and cleanly import traded draft picks. Those include:

If you shrink the maximum roster size such that one or more traded picks no longer exist, we cannot import picks. For example, if someone has traded a 25th round pick, and you shrink the maximum roster size to 23, then there will not be a 25th round, and we cannot import the picks
If you remove a team from the league that had traded picks in the previous season, we cannot import the picks
If you create a new league rather than renewing the previous league, we won't have knowledge of the traded picks
If you switch to an auction draft format, then the notion of a draft order becomes irrelevant, and there will never be an opportunity to import the picks
Setting Up Your Draft Order
When commissioners customize their draft order in the Edit Draft Order & Assign Keeper Players tool some changes were made to better serve commissioners:

When setting up the base draft order, commissioners can now choose to import traded picks from the previous season

I believe we need to decide on this section....If keepers were declared, the commissioner can choose several popular options to automatically import those players into appropriate picks. For example, if your league rules would allow for the keepers to always be assigned to the last picks each team holds or the first picks each team holds, that is now easily supported. If instead you need to assign keepers to individual picks throughout the draft, when editing a pick the tool can help you limit the list of players to those protected by the team owning that pick.
Viewing Keeper Information During the Season
There are several things the commissioner can do to help communicate keeper details during the season. For example:

The commissioner can use the Keeper Costs tool to enter keeper costs for individual players, can indicate that keepers should be designated as such throughout the league, and can show costs for the keepers where appropriate
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Approve Keeper Players (I can do this solo)

YOU

Edit Draft Order & Assign Keeper Players (I can do this solo)

YOU

After setting a custom draft order, (not sure this applies to our league as we are using the auction)

N/A

Assign Auction Keeper Players

While the custom draft order tool lives at the heart of keeper leagues that do a standard draft, it doesn't apply to leagues that do an auction draft, which has no notion of draft order. For auction leagues, there is a separate tool to Assign Auction Keeper Players. This allows the commissioner to add keepers and their costs to teams before the auction begins.

THIS COULD BE A BIG DEAL, ESPECIALLY IF WE ALLOW GMs TO SELL/TRADE KEEPERS

Keeper Costs (I am assuming this is where I simply add the 5.00 to each keeper)

I THINK YOU  ARE CORRECT

Keeper Player Status ?

Since leagues may have rules designating when a player loses his cost or keeper status, the Keeper Player Status tool allows a league to automate some of that management problem. It first allows the commissioner to decide whether keeper status should be visible throughout the game. If visible, then it allows the commissioner to designate whether several conditions should remove a player's status as a keeper player, and stop displaying them as a keeper. In particular, a league can be configured to remove keeper status if a player:

Is traded

Is dropped from a team and claimed off waivers by another team

Is dropped from a team and clears waivers, becoming a free agent

Any or all conditions can be selected/unselected.

DOES YAHOO ACTUALLY TRACK AUCTION DRAFT VALUE FROM YEAR TO YEAR?  YOU'LL HAVE TO READ UP SOME MORE ON THAT ONE.

Allow Draft Pick Trades not applicable?

N/A

Renew the league from the previous season (already done, agreed?) DONE

Populate all teams by reinviting managers or inviting new users to own the teams via the Invite Friends Tool DONE

Finalize the team list DONE (OR CAN BE DONE ANYTIME)

Enable keeper management tools using the Edit Keeper Settings tool  DONE, I THINK

Set a Keeper Declaration Deadline leaving enough time to process the submitted keepers before the live draft LETS NOT TALK ABOUT THAT

Once the Keeper Declaration Deadline passes, review all submitted keepers using the Approve Keeper Players tool. Make any changes necessary to adhere to your league's rules. UH, ABOUT THAT...

Keepers can then be automatically added as the first or last draft picks or manually added anywhere in the draft when setting up a custom draft order using the Edit Draft Order & Assign Keeper Players N/A

Adding Traded Draft Picks Into Your League N/A

I believe we need to decide on this section....If keepers were declared, the commissioner can choose several popular options to automatically import those players into appropriate picks. For example, if your league rules would allow for the keepers to always be assigned to the last picks each team holds or the first picks each team holds, that is now easily supported. If instead you need to assign keepers to individual picks throughout the draft, when editing a pick the tool can help you limit the list of players to those protected by the team owning that pick.

Viewing Keeper Information During the Season

There are several things the commissioner can do to help communicate keeper details during the season. For example:

The commissioner can use the Keeper Costs tool to enter keeper costs for individual players, can indicate that keepers should be designated as such throughout the league, and can show costs for the keepers where appropriate

I DON'T THINK THAT APPLIES TO AN AUCTION DRAFT

My thoughts in BOLD.

I'll admit, I have not studied the keeper league commissioner tasks.

With the keeper selection deadline past, you'll probably have to use some commissioner tool to assign keepers on the teams where certain GMs failed to pay attention.

Once all 12 teams have their keepers formally selected you'll have to update the values of those players so that each GM has the appropriate auction budget.  It's possible that Yahoo! has some tool that allows you to globally assign a value of last year's auction value + $5 to all keepers.  They should, but you just never know when it comes to Yahoo!.

Link Posted: 8/7/2012 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Tom said :DOES YAHOO ACTUALLY TRACK AUCTION DRAFT VALUE FROM YEAR TO YEAR? YOU'LL HAVE TO READ UP SOME MORE ON THAT ONE.

They do not, so I think I just need to keep a spreadsheet and manually do them each year. Should not be a big deal.
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Tom said :DOES YAHOO ACTUALLY TRACK AUCTION DRAFT VALUE FROM YEAR TO YEAR? YOU'LL HAVE TO READ UP SOME MORE ON THAT ONE.

They do not, so I think I just need to keep a spreadsheet and manually do them each year. Should not be a big deal.

If you don't have last years auction values, I do.  And I think you can still look them up on Yahoo! and possibly copy/paste into Excel.

Link Posted: 8/7/2012 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#46]
There was a section where you went to draft / last season and it showed the auction values.  You could then add the $5 update this years keepers.
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 5:17:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#48]
I have Larnmasters keepers: McCoy and Rice. No surprise there.

I offered him Rodgers for Rice and the bastard turned me down.
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I have Larnmasters keepers: McCoy and Rice. No surprise there.

I offered him Rodgers for Rice and the bastard turned me down.

Ray Rice & LeSean McCoy?

At $46 + $5 and $40 + $5, respectively?

Yeah, IMNSHO he's fucked.

For the math impaired (and that apparently includes Larnmaster) that's $96 or 48% of his entire auction budget for a pair of RBs.

Yeah, they're both fantasy studs, but dang...  That's a steep price to pay.

Rodgers at $42 ($37 + $5) is a bargain compared to Rice at $51.

Link Posted: 8/7/2012 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#50]
So I figured I might as well throw it out there since the keeper deadline has been extended for SMB and Larn...

I've been wavering on whether or not to keep Jordy Nelson for $5. Would like to keep him now that I think about it.

Any problems with that since we're already bending the rules?
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top