Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It would be really disappointing to see a GM leave a keeper league after a single season.  

He just emailed me and said he's in and joined the league already. Just need to get him paid and squared away.

Does anyone want to decide my keepers for me? Megatron for $45 is a tough sell, but he is the best and would probably cost that much in auction....
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It would be really disappointing to see a GM leave a keeper league after a single season.  

He just emailed me and said he's in and joined the league already. Just need to get him paid and squared away.

Link Posted: 7/31/2012 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does anyone want to decide my keepers for me? Megatron for $45 is a tough sell, but he is the best and would probably cost that much in auction....

Man, that is a lot of money.  I don't think I would pay that much for a WR.   I think there is a much better chance for him to do a little worse this year rather than a little better.  He is still going to be really good, of  course.  That is just a really big chunk of your budget though.  

Most of the radio guys I listen to at work have him high, but not quite that high.  Tough choice... At least it would be for me.
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just looked at your roster and I'd have a hard time keeping any of those guys at their present values.

If you let Calvin Johnson go back into the draft pool, you can always bid up to $45 and A) get him for the same or less as keeping him or B) make sure some poor bastard pays at least $46.  I guess if he goes over $45 you'll know that at least some GM(s) would have kept him at that price.

Starks @ $8 or Gaffney for $5 would be the only other potential candidates, IMO.

It's your call, obviously, but I don't think I'd keep any of those guys.

For the rest of the league:

Romosexual Tendencies 2011 final roster and auction values (add $5 for 2012)

Plaxico Burress (NYJ - WR) - $12

Jabar Gaffney (NE - WR) - $0

Dexter McCluster (KC - RB) - $0

David Nelson (Buf - WR) - $0

Dustin Keller (NYJ - TE) - $3

James Starks (GB - RB) - $3

Mark Ingram (NO - RB) - $19

Donald Brown (Ind - RB) - $0

Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB) - $26

Antonio Gates (SD - TE)  - $20

Adrian Peterson (Min - RB) - $46

Calvin Johnson (Det - WR) - $40

Link Posted: 7/31/2012 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#5]
That is sort of what I was thinking. Tough sell at that cost.

Keller and Starks are the only people I was considering other than megatron. Starks is shaky at best and Keller is not in the best passing situation.

In other words, my teamed SUCKED. I might rename my team the Cock Hogs.
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's good.

Link Posted: 7/31/2012 3:46:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry guys. Started a new job and don't access The site from work now.

Was in Saint Lucia getting married last week and didn't have Internet access.

I'll get everything squared away tonight.
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'm not seeing any pics.

Link Posted: 7/31/2012 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Congrats on the marriage!
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks. Don't have any with me and I cant post them from the phone anyway.  I might post one later to make up for my slacking.
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I kept megatron and donald brown. Megatron really wasn't a terrible value at $45, but still steep. He would have gone for that much or more.
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I kept megatron and donald brown. Megatron really wasn't a terrible value at $45, but still steep. He would have gone for that much or more.

Given your options, you could have done worse.

You do know you don't have to keep anyone, right?

Link Posted: 7/31/2012 7:42:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Picked one keeper.  Email is out to Sandman as well.
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

So who'd you keep?

Link Posted: 7/31/2012 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

So who'd you keep?

AJ Green.  Good last season and I think with a full year under their belts they will have a good second season.  But I'm probably wrong.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 7:52:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

So who'd you keep?

AJ Green.  Good last season and I think with a full year under their belts they will have a good second season.  But I'm probably wrong.  

Solid keeper.

I know I could have only kept one if I wanted but Brown was on the cheap and Megatron is a proven performer.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:25:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Keepers are now locked. I have noted the keepers and will adjust their draft values by an additional 5.00  Any waiver wire or free agent pickups will be given a value of 5.00

There were a few teams that did not choose to keep any players. Not sure why someone would not want to keep Cam Newton???
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Keepers are now locked. I have noted the keepers and will adjust their draft values by an additional 5.00  Any waiver wire or free agent pickups will be given a value of 5.00

There were a few teams that did not choose to keep any players. Not sure why someone would not want to keep Cam Newton???

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 9:16:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Showmeballer stated his intention to keep Newton on page one.  I guess he forgot to do it on the league page.

Of course my first thought is...........  

Ha Ha, too late...........

But if it really is too late that sucks..... 5 bucks for newton, wow..........
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#20]
I already stated that I was keeping Cam and Steve Smith.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:38:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well, if this was the "Hope and Change" fantasy football league complete with puppies and rainbows you'd be golden.

Since it's not, you're SOL.

ETA: I'm just kidding. (about the puppies, actually they're just kittens)

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 11:39:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You have to choose your keepers on your Yahoo! team page.  You'll have to petition the commissioner since the deadline was midnight 7/31/12.

I'm pretty sure bribery is the lowest form of flattery.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#23]
So I guess there wasn't a deadline after all.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

So I guess there wasn't a deadline after all.

I'm pretty sure there was a deadline for you and me.

I wonder how many other GMs declared intent in this thread but did nothing on their team page.

Sandy did mention that several GMs had not declared any keepers.

Quoted:

if you squeeze toms lemons he will let you

I'm not the commish here, so squeeze away...

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#26]
As far as I am concerned he is shit out of luck. He already emailed me and told me to send him his money back if we decided not to let him have his keepers. Here's my issues with it...

1. I clearly posted more than once that you had to go in and set your keepers, if an owner chooses not to keep up with things, well too fucking bad then honestly I don't want them in the league.

2. Where do we draw the line...break the rules for him now and who else down the road? I noticed my nephew was another moron who did not select his keepers. He is on vacation in the outer banks and won't be back till next week, so if we do it for this crybaby then we have to allow larnmaster to do it when he gets back next week. Again where does it end?

Failure to stay up to date is your problem not mine. You want out as a result -give me your fucking address.

(I just went back and counted -I posted 3 times in this thread on 3 different pages.)
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Agreed, Sandy.

Not keeping up with the clearly marked rules and then wanting your money back is lame. Really lame.

ETA: Even our Yahoo league home page tells you in blue letters to select your keepers before Aug. 1.

What the fuck more do we have to do to get owners to pay attention? Send them carrier pigeons?

Why is it OUR problem when someone else fucks up?
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#28]
I didn't select any keepers but that's because my team sucked.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#29]
It does suck, but I went and set my keepers as soon as I saw the post in this thread.  

I goofed last year and dropped nate washington by accident.  Tom picked him up and saw some decent numbers from him.  I wouldn't expect Tom to give him back because of my mistake.  Shit happens.... I'm am sort of glad it didn't happen to me this time though.  Of course the season has yet to begin...  
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#30]
He has until tonight 11:59PM EST to retract his postion otherwise I am assuming he meant what he said and he is out of this league. I will post tomorrow AM that an opening is available in this league to any arfcom team member.  

This is the problem with the American liberal mind as a whole. People fuck up and then expect others to suck it up and change their stance to allow for the mistake rather than owning up like a man and accepting the fuck up and moving on. Wanting out of the league like a fucking 3 year old.   give me a break.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#31]
When you send your money you are agreeing to play by the rules already set in place.

What the frig is his problem?

It's not like we changed the rule on him and he didn't know about it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Some of you guys take this shit way too seriously.  The draft is over a fucking month away and you are imposing strict deadlines in what is meant to be a fun casual league.   This is our first season actually using keepers, so some confusion on how everything is to be handled should be expected.

I wrongly assumed that the commish was going to be setting the keepers and their $ values within Yahoo after everyone announced their keepers.  My bad for not paying extra attention to how this was to be handled.

However, having already said I was keeping Cam and Smith three weeks ago,  paid my $$, then am told I'm shit out of luck because of a  mistake that could be easily corrected is fucking retarded.  

If anyone else in this league had done the same thing as me, I would have zero problem letting them keep their players instead of telling them that they are fucked, especially the first season actually declaring keepers.

These leagues are supposed to be fun, but once leagues start taking themselves too seriously, it's not good.    You don't need to wait until tonight for my reply, just send me back $50 as I still plan on doing the Classic league.  

Good luck guys
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
if you do it for him, we got to do it for the other guy,

if you don't do it for him, we don't do it for the other guy

my vote is to let them both do it, but lets knock it out and move on

I wouldn't mind this either to be honest...   As long as it is the same for everyone.   However, I really wouldn't expect others to let me slide on my mistake.   That was my point.   I doubt I would be willing to bid high enough for Cam anyway.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#35]
While I hate to see you go SMB, it is apparent you just don't get it. While the league is suppose to be fun, it is also organized and has rules. As I noted, having to let you pass means letting another owner pass next week. Where does it end? The end reult, this was your fault for not keeping up to date with a league you wanted in on. Why not just suck it up and move on? Yes this was the first year and as such you should have been around more noting the steps we needed to take to get things done. Knowing which players are tied up factors alot in strategy for those of us who start our war books early on. Allowing a month was agreed upon, bitching about it now only proves my point.

The choice to drop is yours.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Some of you guys take this shit way too seriously.  The draft is over a fucking month away and you are imposing strict deadlines in what is meant to be a fun casual league.   This is our first season actually using keepers, so some confusion on how everything is to be handled should be expected.

I wrongly assumed that the commish was going to be setting the keepers and their $ values within Yahoo after everyone announced their keepers.  My bad for not paying extra attention to how this was to be handled.

However, having already said I was keeping Cam and Smith three weeks ago,  paid my $$, then am told I'm shit out of luck because of a  mistake that could be easily corrected is fucking retarded.  

If anyone else in this league had done the same thing as me, I would have zero problem letting them keep their players instead of telling them that they are fucked, especially the first season actually declaring keepers.

These leagues are supposed to be fun, but once leagues start taking themselves too seriously, it's not good.    You don't need to wait until tonight for my reply, just send me back $50 as I still plan on doing the Classic league.  

Good luck guys

So essentially you didn't bother reading anything when you signed up and sent your $$$. You didn't read this thread and you didn't even visit our Yahoo league home page? Are you serious?

So, when you fuck up over in the classic league are you going to bail there, too?
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 3:39:53 PM EDT
[#37]
I can only imagine the histrionics when somebody "forgets" to update his roster on game day and wants a "redo."

"But but but this is for fuuuuuuun."

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Wow, you guys are taking a much harder line on this that I would have expected.

If I were commish I'd set his keepers and tell him that the only reason he got away with it is that this is the first time through the process.  Anyone who declared their intentions in this thread but failed to do the same on their Yahoo! page would get the same treatment.

Did Larnmaster make any claims in this thread?  I know he's not an ARFcom regular but apparently he's SOL on keepers as well.

Will we allow a replacement GM to make keeper selections from the showmeballer roster?  I sure as hell wouldn't sign up as a replacement GM in a keeper league without the option to keep players from the team I was taking over.

I don't see this as a big deal.  The commish can set the keepers for anyone that posted their intentions here but failed to do so on Yahoo!

I'd also make it plain that is a one shot deal and that no such leeway will be forthcoming in future seasons.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If I were commish I'd set his keepers and tell him that the only reason he got away with it is that this is the first time through the process.  Anyone who declared their intentions in this thread but failed to do the same on their Yahoo! page would get the same treatment.

Did Larnmaster make any claims in this thread?  I know he's not an ARFcom regular but apparently he's SOL on keepers as well.

Will we allow a replacement GM to make keeper selections from the showmeballer roster?  I sure as hell wouldn't sign up as a replacement GM in a keeper league without the option to keep players from the team I was taking over.

I don't see this as a big deal.  The commish can set the keepers for anyone that posted their intentions here but failed to do so on Yahoo!

I'd also make it plain that is a one shot deal and that no such leeway will be forthcoming in future seasons.

Sounds good to me. I hate to see an Owner drop out after the first season.

With the announced intentions, I think it shows at least a little bit of forethought. If this was SMB just showing up in the thread today, saying what the fuck happened, then it isn't excusable. But that isn't the case.

TerribleTom has a decent solution that we might want to look at.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:16:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Sandman posted IN THIS THREAD that posting names IN THIS THREAD means absolutely nothing. Our Yahoo league home page tells each of us IN BLUE LETTERS that the deadline to select keepers is Aug. 1.

If somebody can't be bothered to read this thread or read our very own Yahoo league home page how in the blazes can we run a "fun" league? If you miss a known, advertised deadline suck it up and make the most of it, don't go whining about it, asking for a "redo" and then quitting because you are held responsible for your actions.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Then lets make this easy, and why don't you take over this league as commish Tom. I am not as forgiving as you and perhaps that is a trait that does not serve me well for this position. I see this issue as a clear cut case of black and white, but some of you seem to want to ignore that and that's ok. But I'm out as commish -it's yours Tom or someone else if you don't want it. Too many issues and too many opinions. Rules are there for a reason. I work hard, have 2 jobs and a house and family to tend too and yet I make time to get in here and see what's going on so I can do what needs to be done to stay abreast of what's up in my leages. I expect the same from each owner. As far as Im concerned if no one wants the commish job then let the league be finished. Just send me addresses and I will get payments back to you ASAP.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then lets make this easy, and why don't you take over this league as commish Tom. I am not as forgiving as you and perhaps that is a trait that does not serve me well for this position. I see this issue as a clear cut case of black and white, but some of you seem to want to ignore that and that's ok. But I'm out as commish -it's yours Tom or someone else if you don't want it. Too many issues and too many opinions. Rules are there for a reason. I work hard, have 2 jobs and a house and family to tend too and yet I make time to get in here and see what's going on so I can do what needs to be done to stay abreat of what's up in my leages. I expect the same from each owner. As far as Im concerned if no one wants the commish job then let the league be finished. Just send me addresses and I will get payments back to you ASAP.  

Really?

Keep my money.  Delete the league if you'd like.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:23:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Damn, this whole place seems to be filled with a bunch of pussies.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#44]
I have made many mistakes in the leagues that I have participated in the past.   Never once has anyone set aside the rules for me, or anyone else in the league.  

If EVERYONE agreed to let it slide then I wouldn't pitch a fit over it.   On the same token, if I were in his shoes and I messed up I wouldn't blame anyone for saying I couldn't have the players.   Sure, I would be disappointed, but the fault sure wouldn't lie with anyone else.  It would be much easier to just go by the rules.  

I expect to be competitive regardless of what pick I have, what keepers I have, or how many mistakes I make.    I am bound to have problems in each area.  Sproles may be a complete non-factor this year.   Jimmy Graham may hitch a ride to Tibet and weave rugs with Ricky Williams.  Who knows.........

I would hate to see the league end over an issue like this.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:54:21 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 6:20:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

+2

+3
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

+2

+3

+4

Damn Keeper League Drama

Seriously, I had no intentions of kicking the hornets nest about this.  I made a mistake and figured a little common sense might prevail and my keepers would be honored.  Gobbler telling me I was SOL is why I IMed you Sandy about seeing what the deal was.  

Maybe I am on my own here in thinking that a mistake like this should not even be an issue... maybe it's because this isn't a friends and family type league.   Either way,  my days of taking these leagues super serious are long gone and that is why I figured an easy fix was no big deal.   Obviously, some don't feel that way which is fine, also the reason why I did not want to stay in the league if it was going to be run as strict as possible.  

No hard feelings here, just figured I better get out now and let someone else in the league since this type of stuff is pretty ridiculous when you step back and look at it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#49]
You have better friends that me.   When I have played with friends they practically wait for me to screw up so they can rub it in my face.   That goes for everyone.   It is all part of the fun.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#50]
I feel like I'm watching an episode of Real World or something.

So showmeballer is out.

Now we need a replacement GM.  I ask again: do we let the replacement GM pick two keepers from showmeballer's roster?

I sure as hell wouldn't join an existing keeper league as a replacement GM when I wasn't allowed to select keepers from the inherited roster.

Larnmaster hasn't bitched about it yet, and maybe he won't.  OTOH, maybe he'll leave the league too.

Was the payment deadline 7/31 as well?  Are there any other GMs that need replacing?

This is ridiculous.

Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top