User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/5/2013 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
2013 Keeper thread has been started. I would advise against any further posting in here -let's move it over there.

Because screw you.

My money was on either you, Tom or Bryan    
Link Posted: 6/5/2013 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

2013 Keeper thread has been started. I would advise against any further posting in here -let's move it over there.

What, no hot link?

Link Posted: 6/5/2013 12:16:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What, no hot link?

Link Posted: 6/5/2013 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because screw you.

My money was on either you, Tom or Bryan    

Heheheh.

Link Posted: 8/8/2013 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Can we now use this league to discuss hypothetical moves within other Keeper leagues?  I've never played a keeper league and we've decided to do a 1 person keeper this year.  Im hoping for some thoughts on who to keep.  I don't like keeping RG3 anymore because of his injuries, I just don't think he'll be in the game for many games this season.  I think Trent Richardson is my go to guy here.  Any thoughts?  Below is what I ended the season with.

QBRobert Griffin III, Wsh QB  

RBSteven Jackson, Atl RB

RBReggie Bush, Det RB

WRMarques Colston, NO WR  Q

WRSteve Johnson, Buf WR  Q

TEMartellus Bennett, Chi TE

FLEXSteve Smith, Car WR

KStephen Gostkowski, NE K

BenchTrent Richardson, Cle RB  K  

BenchBrandon Pettigrew, Det TE

BenchCecil Shorts, Jac WR

BenchStephen Hill, NYJ WR

BenchShayne Graham, Cle K

BenchShane Vereen, NE RB

BenchCarson Palmer, Ari QB
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can we now use this league to discuss hypothetical moves within other Keeper leagues?  I've never played a keeper league and we've decided to do a 1 person keeper this year.  Im hoping for some thoughts on who to keep.  I don't like keeping RG3 anymore because of his injuries, I just don't think he'll be in the game for many games this season.  I think Trent Richardson is my go to guy here.  Any thoughts?  Below is what I ended the season with.

QBRobert Griffin III, Wsh QB  

RBSteven Jackson, Atl RB

RBReggie Bush, Det RB

WRMarques Colston, NO WR  Q

WRSteve Johnson, Buf WR  Q

TEMartellus Bennett, Chi TE

FLEXSteve Smith, Car WR

KStephen Gostkowski, NE K

BenchTrent Richardson, Cle RB  K  

BenchBrandon Pettigrew, Det TE

BenchCecil Shorts, Jac WR

BenchStephen Hill, NYJ WR

BenchShayne Graham, Cle K

BenchShane Vereen, NE RB

BenchCarson Palmer, Ari QB
View Quote

What are the keeper rules?

This league uses an auction draft and kept players increase in value by $5/year.  If you get a guy for $10 in the auction, he's going to cost you $15 to keep the following year.  Undrafted free agents have a base value of $0.

In most non-auction keeper leagues, players have a draft round value that increases year by year.  You draft a guy in the 12th, next year he's your 11th round pick.  The year after, he's a 10th round pick, etc.  In these leagues, you usually cannot keep your first round pick from the previous season.

There may be some leagues where kept players are simply not part of the draft and you just shorten the draft by as many rounds as there are keepers.  15 man roster with 1 keeper = 14 round draft.

You don't always keep the best guy on your roster - you want to keep the best value guy.  Guys like Kaepernick that were undrafted free agents, for example.

Richardson is certainly expected to have a hell of a season.

Link Posted: 8/8/2013 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the response. I'm certainly not good at FF but am trying. This is my only league.  I am able to pick my keeper but I dont believe I can keep my first round pick? Does that sound right?  If I'm able to, and considering the guys I showed in last years season, wouldn't you agree that Trent Richardson is my best option?  

Here are the rules that I see correlating to my league:Keepers to Select: 1
Keeper Note: There will be one keeper per team. Teams will agree to forfeit the pick one round higher than they chose their keeper in the 2012 draft in order to keep a player.
Link Posted: 8/9/2013 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Thanks for the response. I'm certainly not good at FF but am trying.
This is my only league.  I am able to pick my keeper but I dont believe I
can keep my first round pick? Does that sound right?  If I'm able to,
and considering the guys I showed in last years season, wouldn't you
agree that Trent Richardson is my best option?  

Here are the rules that I see correlating to my league:Keepers to Select: 1

Keeper Note: There will be one keeper per team. Teams will agree to forfeit the pick one round higher than they chose their keeper in the 2012 draft in order to keep a player.
View Quote

OK,
you are in a league where the kept player will move up one round every
year in your draft.  If you got Richardson in the 2nd round last year
(his 2012 ADP was around 14) he would be your first round pick this
year.  That's reasonable - he's easily a first round guy this year, but not exactly a bargain.

Depending on your draft spot, you might very well be able to draft Richardson with your first round pick this year.  Why waste your keeper on a guy you could get anyways?

Compare your draft results from 2012 to a current 2013 ADP (Average Draft Position) listing.  Find the value pick.

If you took Reggie Bush in the 8th round and he's going in the 5th this year, he might be a better value as a keeper.  If you got Shane Vereen as a free agent, he could be your final pick of the draft this year - and that would be a bargain.

If you have the 12th pick and you want to keep Richardson, that's probably a good deal because he's being drafted higher than 12 and he will not be there for your to pick him.

OTOH, if you have the 3rd pick you could take Lynch/Martin/Charles instead of Richardson.

IMO, you want to keep a guy that will cost you a draft pick that is much lower than it would take to simply draft that same guy.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#9]
bump for rules clarification
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top